Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The oddities of house rules
tete
post Jan 5 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,139

I like to have very few house rules. I didn't really play enough 1e to have house rules but then with 2e we ended up coming up with 2 or 3 house rules until 3e came out. Then we started borrowing rules from 3e so much so that our with 2e game we finally just switched to 3e. Now I'm running 3e which I only had a couple house rules but 4e came out and I've gradually been bringing things in from 4e. Someday I imagine we will switch to 4e, but I find the whole thing rather funny.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Jan 5 2010, 04:51 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,237

i was the same way with other games and going from sr3 to sr4.

+Quote Post
ShadowPavement
post Jan 5 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,431

I tend to have very few house rules. I'd rather just use what's there so any of my PC's can have access to everything that is written as well. And, frankly, it's less work for me.

I only have two house rules at the moment for my SR4 game. The first is that I don't have PC's roll for initiative. I just use their initiative scores in order. The second is that heavier armor doesn't reduce your die pools, but if you wear more than one piece of armor then only the best one counts.

+Quote Post
Ascalaphus
post Jan 6 2010, 02:31 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 17,814

I would have like to have no house rules, but Unwired needs a little help...

+Quote Post
PBI
post Jan 6 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,955

RPGs wouldn't be RPGs without house rules (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 12:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.