IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What to bring to a fire fight (Might be overpowered), Saeder-Krupp Heavy Industries Fire-Retardant Foam Spraying Unit
BRodda
post Jan 6 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,811

Saeder-Krupp Heavy Industries Fire-Retardant Foam Spraying Unit and Fire-Retardant Expanding Foam

The SK-FFSU is a backpack sized unit (similar in size and shape to a flame thrower) that is able to deliver the special Saeder-Krupp Fire-Retardant Expanding Foam. The foam and propellant are contained in an easily swapped out canister that can be ejected and replaced without the wearer removing the unit. The canister can also be tossed and remotely detonated like a grenade, delivering all the remaining foam in a single burst. The nozzle can be choked to adjust from concentrated burst to wide angle delivery with a simple AR command or manually. Each canister contains enough foam to cover 100 square meters with each shot able to cover a maximum of 5 square meters.

The Saeder-Krupp Fire-Retardant Expanding Foam has several unique properties making it the perfect choice for your fire prevention needs. The foam is completely non-toxic and is safe to use around Meta-humans, animals and plants (Note: some spirits may react badly to the foam so please do not use it in the presence of fire based creatures of magic). The foam is also non-conductive and inert so it is safe to use around high voltage equipment and hazardous chemicals. As an additional feature the foam harmlessly breaks down into inert gasses when exposed to intense UV light. This exponentially speeds up its removal and allows your facility to return to active use in the fraction of the time of conventional foams.
CAUTION: SK-FREF can cause surfaces to become extremely slippery when coated.

SK-FFSU
(Requires Exotic Weapon Skill: Flamethrower or Foam Thrower)
Cost: 2,500 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)
Stats:
Damage: 1S (5P to Fire Spirits)
AP: 0 (Ignores ItNW)
Mode: SS
Ammo: 20
Range: 10 Meters Edit: opps put it way to long.
Size: Weight is20Kg. Backpack is 30cm wide by 70cm tall. Hose length is 1M. Edit
Availability: 10
Notes: Takes 2 Complex actions to change out a canister when worn. 1 complex action for someone not wearing the unit.

SK-FREF Canister
Cost: 250 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)
Stats:
Damage: (STR/2-2)S as a thrown object
Range: ½ throwing distance due to weight
Size: 8kg, 10cm wide by 30cm tall canister.
Availability: 8
Note: When detonated as a foam bomb it will cover 5 square meters in foam for each shot left in the canister. Anyone moving through this area faster than ½ walking rate will need to make a Reaction + Athletics check. Any fire spirits in the detonation area will take [(Shots remaining/4)-Meters from canister] in damage that ignores ItNW.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Jan 6 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,753

Interesting...
...But a couple of things come to mind...

Not sure many people are going to be tossing 8kg canisters far enough away to be out of the blast radius.
If the canister is 30cm long, and is changeable, what's the size of the complete unit ??
If someone is wearing the canister as a backpack, how do they change the canister ??
What's the range ??
I don't think sublimate means what you think it means - "the foam harmlessly sublimates into inert gasses" would be better as "the foam harmlessly breaks down into inert gasses"

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Jan 6 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jan 6 2010, 12:21 PM) *
Interesting...
...But a couple of things come to mind...

Not sure many people are going to be tossing 8kg canisters far enough away to be out of the blast radius.
If the canister is 30cm long, and is changeable, what's the size of the complete unit ??
If someone is wearing the canister as a backpack, how do they change the canister ??
What's the range ??
I don't think sublimate means what you think it means - "the foam harmlessly sublimates into inert gasses" would be better as "the foam harmlessly breaks down into inert gasses"

Edited to put in size and range.

As for your questions:
1) Its not toxic, so its not expected that the thrower will be out of range. Its messy, but harmless.(To humans)
2)See Edit:; basically the size of a SCUBA rebreather today.
3) The used canister drops out the bottom, the new canister drops into the top. I see it like a drop in film tube. The user does need to reach over their should to put it in so it is awkward.
4) See Edit: 10 Meters, but it coats everything between the end point and the final point. See Flamethrower rules I guess.
5) I changed the wording. Still Sublimation is the conversion directly from a solid to a gas, I wanted it to show that there is not a liquid stage like the term "melt" would have insinuated. Still I guess a foam is more liquid than solid.

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Jan 6 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,753

No need to change on my account !!

Looks good.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Jan 7 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jan 6 2010, 04:39 PM) *
No need to change on my account !!

Looks good.

I post stuff here to get opinions and clarity. I needed stuff like range and size and forgot to list it. I appreciate the criticism.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.