IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What’s your Characters’ Favorite Weapons?, And why?
Kovu Muphasa
post Jan 14 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,394

Kovu Muphasa:
-First is his .600 Nitro Express loaded with APDS, its part of his fluff and when it comes out the fight ends quickly.
-Second: His Ruger Thunderbolt, he picked one up when we went to Boston for a run and had to buy gear there [Airport Security]. The fixer had either a Colt Manhunter or the Ruger Thunderbolt, so I chose the Ruger. In a fight with Zombies, not only did I never miss I continually Critical Succeeded [Rolled more 6’s than ½ my dice total], so I look at it as Karma told me this was my gun. When we got back to Seattle I picked one up and had it modified to use the same clips as my Predator. For silent work I use my Predator with it’s silencer and in normal fire fights I use the Thunderbolt.

Scrounger:
-First: I carry 3 Ruger Super Warhawks, one in a Concealed holster and the other 2 in a Quickdraw western rig. When I go into situations where they want my guns I give them the western rig without question and normally they don’t even look to see if I have any more weapons. The funny part is that I have never fired them in a game.
-Second: This is a new one, Grenades. It started when a new team member gave her some grenades. She thanked him and then put them in her lined coat. Latter during the run we were ambushed by a gang and the Ork Gang Leader was using a LMG. Scrounger Called over her Force-6 Air Spirit, pulled the pin on one of the grenades and told it to give it to the gang leader. It took it over to the gang leader and went I have gift for you, the gang leader turned around saw the spirit and fed it a full auto burst into the spirit. The scared the spirit with dropped the grenade and ran away unharmed. The grenade landed on the ground and the we all learned some Orkish Curse Words.

Devon:
-First: His $19.95 HSN Ninja-To. Being a rich kid form Japan he had Kendo Training and when he started running he needed a blade. Therefore, he went to Joe’s Blade Shop and got a cheep Pakistani Ninja-To with all the bells and whistles. He has not got to use it in combat yet, but all of the other stuff has proven useful.
Second: His Streetline Special [With APDS]. He started to carry this because his father is a Renraku Executive it was reasonable for him to have a self-defense weapon. Normally he does not start a run the normal way, it hits the fan around him and this is all he has. His kill total with it is a half dozen gangers, 2 Ice Drakes and a Griffin.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
otakusensei
post Jan 14 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,514

My technomancer carries a heavily modified FN 5-7c. So far it has only been used for suppressive fire once. He also has several drones with White Knights. Those guys get used all the time.

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Jan 14 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

Platinum:
3rd edition: Viper Slivergun: Although it was ineffective against armour, the concealability and coolness factor was high. Tucked away in a concealable holster under an armoured bomber jacket.

I carried a Savelette Guardian with gel rounds for a while when I went through a passive change the world phase. Had a spare clip of APDS for when things got rough, but all in all I didn't think that a corp security slag was worth killing. No corporate goon earning minimum wage deserves to die on the job.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Jan 14 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #4

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

My long-running Sammie became the Ingram SuperMach guy. 6L base damage, yeah, but big fat magazines, more-than-respectable burst damage, and he had enough skill dice (SMG's 8, Supermach 10 or 11 or so, by campaign's end) that he made it work for him without the low base damage mattering much. He shot down a Hughes Stallion with one once, with a single shot, packing AV ammo. That was, well, pretty close to retirement time.

For quieter work, he used a silenced pistol. Never really had a favorite there, rotated from Savalette Guardians to Predators, just whatever was handy. By career's end he liked 'em disposable, and got more and more into Predators for just that reason. Easy as pie to find on the street, common as dirt, and he wasn't breaking the bank if he just popped someone a few times and tossed the gun down right next to 'em before leaving. I never succumbed to the temptation of just getting a Viper, because his tendency to already call headshots would've just made a slivergun pretty obscene.

A big chunk of his killing came hand to hand, too, though. Bone lacing and muscle augmentation gave him respectable base damage, and a high Wildcat skill (and wise CP expenditures) did the rest. He and a friend once -- while handcuffed -- kicked and headbutted to death a gang of eight Troll gangers. Ah, good times. Good times.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jan 14 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

Kingfisher favored his dual clip P93 Praetor.

My current character, Slinky, uses a katar.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Jan 14 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

Der Nacht (NPC-human-Mage)--Monofilament whip---good for pizza cutting, and other cutting. Current combat usage in campaign-0.

Gunslinger (NPC-human-gunbunnie)--Pair of Ruger Warhawks that are specially modded (Ceremic materials 3, SA, Smartgun, Ammoselector). He got these as a retirement present from his former employer and caries these concealed in his cyberarms w/cyber slides (dual weilding). Has not been involved in the campaign for a while, but does do bodyguard work.

Raid (PC-Human-Mage)---Ares monosword. Other than the Ares Predator, it is all he carries.

Chrome Demon aka CD (PC-Troll-Gunbunnie): His pari of pimpedout Ruger thunderbolts that are nickle plated to match him, with gold inlay and a demonhead at the end. Note that the demon's eyes light up bright red when being fired.

Twitch (NPC-human-Techno): His collection of collapsble staffs. Why, cause his favorite pin-up (Subuki (SP?) Redflower has one.

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post Jan 14 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,749

Baal, Troll-Adept:
- Ingram Smartgun: still the best cost-effectiveness and in SR4 it looks even better than in all previous edition.
- Ares Viper Slivergun: incredible devastating to unarmored enemies (most critters don´t wear or possess one) and even agains armored grunts is is better than any other heavy pistol (if you can handle the recoil). It has a high base damage, burst-fire option and even with the bad armor piercing capability (+5) you deal more damage than with any heavy pistol because of the fact that impact armor is usually lower than ballistic.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Jan 14 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

.600 Nitro Express... thats a caliber not a gun. If I'm wrong please site the book its from.

-Ug: Ingram valiant

-my hobo char: remington 900

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 14 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #9

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Franchi SPAS-22 or Franchi SPAS-12.
Nothing says GO AWAY like a 10S/13D BF capable Shotgun.
For up close and personal, my favourite can opener is a Pole-Arm with Dikote.
STR+4 Deadly Damage with a reach bonus of 2. Combine with STR16 Troll Arms for 20D Damage and a reach bonus of 3

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Jan 14 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

Future char
British troll/shapeshifter/otherbig game hunter: custom build(cannon companion) H&H side by side rifle chambered in 338 Lapua. When hunting dangerous game in the shadows 16S with a vast followup serves well.

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Jan 14 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

Zero, Dwarf Ninja Mystic Adept: His ninja-to is his favorite weapon but he rarely gets to use it, usually if it needs killing we wax it at range and if it needs capturing Zero goes invisible and nails the bastards with a nerve strike (he has yet to fail to paralyze an enemy with the first hit), at range he has a sav. guardian modified with a heavy barrell, internal suppressor and a few other widgets. That isn't his favorite ranged weapon, just his most efficient one, his favorite is his MAD defeating material shuriken.

+Quote Post
etherial
post Jan 14 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,891

My (player's) favorite weapon is the Guide Lamp Liberator. It's the derringer made by General Motors that was manufactured faster than it could be fired.

+Quote Post
etherial
post Jan 14 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,891

My (player's) favorite weapon is the Guide Lamp Liberator. It's the derringer made by General Motors that was manufactured faster than it could be fired.

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Jan 14 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #14

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Dire Radiant's favorite weapon are her team mates.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jan 14 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #15

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jan 14 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Dire Radiant's favorite weapon are her team mates.

Those were Kingfisher's favorite shields. They had this habit of running around without cover, which was just fine by him, as it kept the opposition from seeing him as a threat.

+Quote Post
Kovu Muphasa
post Jan 14 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,394

QUOTE (Daylen @ Jan 14 2010, 02:04 PM) *
.600 Nitro Express... thats a caliber not a gun. If I'm wrong please site the book its from.

Holland & Holland .600 Nitro Express = PJSS Elephant Rilfe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
crash2029
post Jan 14 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

From: The seemingly unknown area of land between Seattle and Idaho.
Member No.: 9,910

John, my grizzled old ork merc, is rather notorious for carrying a concealed armory. His typical "out-n-about" loadout includes twin Ingrams, a pair of Predators, and a Narcojet Supersquirt. If he is going into a heavy situation he brings his custom Ares Alpha, and doubles the grenades and DEXS he normally carries. Interestingly enough, a great majority of the time the only weapons he actually uses are his fists and spurs.

Car, my decker/face/jack-of-all-trades turned fixer, used to carry a suppressed Manhunter. Later in his career he started using a manriki-gusari.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Jan 14 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

EDIT: Back at my books now.

Pistol:
Historically Ares Viper. I liked the ability to do silenced headshots with burst against unarmed target. This was stupidly simple in SR3. Now it isn't... so in SR4, probably the Ares Light Fire 70 - a worthy spiritual successor. It strikes me as the ultimate weapon of a professional killer. I do like the Ruger however for raw stopping firepower - coupled with increased cylinder and SA modification but I've never used it. I also like the FN 5-7C simply because of how much recoil compensation one can cram into it.

SMG:
Ingram Smartgun hands down. It just has every mod you could possibly want in an SMG. In previous editions I dug the MP5-TX and Colt Cobra but that was for style.

Assault Rifle:
Ares Alpha. As above. The compensation rules now make it stupidly simple to mod the hell out of. I also like the fact it comes with a grenade launcher for those times when you absolutely positively have to kill every motherf*cker in the room!

Shotgun:
Franchi SPAS-22. Personal choice. Very flavorful.

Heavy Weapons:
GE Vindicator. What can I say - I love throwing up lots of lead a target. Load these suckers up with AV rounds and just go to town. I also like the Enfield GL-67 Grenade Launcher.

- J.

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Jan 14 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

Mr. Ares, a gun bunny fanatic of all toys carrying the Ares brand carried 2 Ares Predators. 1 silenced with S&S ammo, and the other vented with EX-EX. When the situation called for it, an Ares Alpha assault rifle, with all the recoil reducing mods and regular ammo.

Typhoid, a noserfatu hermetic magician never carried a weapon at all, but rather relied on incredibly high drain stats to be able to cast pretty much any direct combat spell he desired. Still playing this one at Magic 4, Logic 7, Willpower 7.

+Quote Post
Doc Byte
post Jan 15 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,168

Streetsam's best friend:

Ingram Mac X

Build in
- Smartlink
- Gas-vent 2
- Sound Suppressor
- Folding Stock

Mods
- Heavy Barrel
- Electronic Firing
- Trigger Removal
- Skinlink

Accessories
- Underbarrel Weight

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Jan 15 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

Silly putty, my dwarf coyote shaman's main load-out is a salad fork and a smoked herring...but then he's a little touched.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Jan 15 2010, 01:59 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Jan 14 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Streetsam's best friend:

Ingram Mac X

Build in
- Smartlink
- Gas-vent 2
- Sound Suppressor
- Folding Stock

Mods
- Heavy Barrel
- Electronic Firing
- Trigger Removal
- Skinlink

Accessories
- Underbarrel Weight

*tries to imagine the Mac-10 with an underbarrel weight and is boggled as to how it would fit on there*

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jan 15 2010, 03:07 AM
Post #23

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Jan 14 2010, 06:59 PM) *
*tries to imagine the Mac-10 with an underbarrel weight and is boggled as to how it would fit on there*

It is so obvious... The weight attaches to the Suppressor when it is attached... *grin*

Yeah, right...

keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Jan 15 2010, 06:37 AM
Post #24

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Peligro Pete:

Ak-97, right off the shelf. Cheap and easy to replace when broken or to keep his trail clean.

Pete has gyro mounts and foot anchors to help on the recoil, so he's fine with the base gun.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Jan 15 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #25

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

Joseph K. "Killdozer" - (CybOrk soldier turned SURGED-out sewer-dwelling runaway medical experiment)-- His favorite weapon is an Ares Alpha which he grabbed off a guard during his escape from a Tir Blacksite research facility. The gun had an Advanced Safety linked to an RFID chip in the guard's hand, so K just bit the guys hand off and hoofed it all the way back to the Metroplex. The gun has since been modded, but it still retains the same Advanced Safety, even though it's pretty much useless since the RFID chip is in the magically preserved hand hanging from the gun's front end as an Underbarrel Weight.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:12 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.