IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Giving out some of my old Shadowrun maps..., Basic old "MS PAINT" maps...
Vegetaman
post Feb 4 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,421

Basically what I always did was take MS Paint (I started this habit on my Win95 machine and never really graduated beyond it), and make a basic map, and then give it numbers. Then I had a list of what each room was/who was in it/list of events that could be rolled for corresponding to it's number. I used to have some "images" of building outsides and stuff, as well as the number lists, but they are all long gone to me - however, I still had the maps laying around, so I grabbed the 16 best ones and put them in a .zip folder so anyone that is GMing can use 'em if they'd like. These were more for GM's use, as they're not flashy enough to show a player (maybe outside of building blueprints or schematics, and even then it's iffy). Made it easy for me to keep track of team progress.

If you want to view 3 screenshot samples of the maps, go here:

http://sites.google.com/site/vegetaman/home/shadowrun/maps

If you want to download the .zip (16 maps in all across 8 "sets", it's here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?unnfmuvzizt

They're not the greatest, nor the flashiest, but they got me by for many a session and many a group of SR3. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
McCummhail
post Feb 5 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,452

Thanks!
These have the feel of simple render AR map overlays of a floorplan.
I already have a use for them.

+Quote Post
Vegetaman
post Feb 5 2010, 04:51 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (McCummhail @ Feb 4 2010, 07:37 PM) *
Thanks!
These have the feel of simple render AR map overlays of a floorplan.
I already have a use for them.

Glad to hear it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

I've gotten lots of use out of them, even the same map multiple times for little side-treks that I don't have a map for a building. You've always got to be prepared, so I keep a few extra maps on hand just in case something happens that I don't account for (I like a more free-flowing game, so the players can pull it in all sorts of ways and we just roll with it).

And that's why I have 2 versions of the "paranormal building" and "gang hideout". I've used the maps so much, and they were the original 2 sets I came up with, that I figured they needed a facelift.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Feb 6 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

MS Paint rocks ass, and so do those maps.

EDIT: To clarify that's a positive remark, as in "it rocks".

+Quote Post
Vegetaman
post Feb 6 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Thank you again. I've sort of given up on GMing much anymore, since I ran SR3 in high school/college (a few years ago), but don't have a group (nor time), I figured someone could put my stuff to good use. Really wish I could have found all those number reference sheets that had descriptions of each room and NPC listings and stuff.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.