IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Matrix maping convention ?, 2d maps on paper ?
Delarn
post Feb 6 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,963

There was once a nomenclature of shapes for matrix maping. I would like to map the matrix old school in my games. It would be easyer for the full vr hacking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Feb 6 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #2

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

QUOTE (Delarn @ Feb 5 2010, 05:18 PM) *
There was once a nomenclature of shapes for matrix maping. I would like to map the matrix old school in my games. It would be easyer for the full vr hacking.

So you are asking if anyone knows the convention?

Basically you had different types of nodes represented by different shapes.

SAN (system access nodes) were gateways to the matrix or other systems and were represented by a rectangle.

SPU (sub processing units) were basically router nodes and were represented by hexagons.

Datastores are self explanitory and represented by squares.

I/O ports represented connected input/output devices devices like printers (ha!) and monitors and were triangles

SN (slave nodes) represented connected devices (like cameras and machines) and were circles.

CPU (central processing units) were the main system node, represented by an hexagon with a circle in the middle and were limited to one per system.

EDIT: here is a screen shot from the wonderful SEGA console game which shows the shapes.

+Quote Post
Delarn
post Feb 6 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,963

Thanks, that's what I wanted because I may include that maping to the DS-VRTable for Shadowrun.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.