IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Played Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines videogame, Got it off Steam...
Critias
post Mar 7 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #101

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Mar 7 2012, 04:09 AM) *
My only real experience with playing Vampire was a Dark Ages LARP, where the guy running it was a good friend who told me, "Hey, I need some guys I trust to play the high powered NPCs". I agreed and got handed a character sheet labeled "Lancelot".

Yeah, that sounds about like most Vampire LARPs. GMs and their buddies running demigods, the little people playing by the rules. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Mar 7 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #102

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Mar 7 2012, 01:20 PM) *
We did. Which resulted in a couple of epic scenes involving property damage.

do tell!

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Mar 7 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #103

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,626

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 7 2012, 12:55 AM) *
Every Vampire game I've ever heard of was a LARP. Didn't anyone play it around a freaking table?

I only ever played it around a table.

+Quote Post
Seriously Mike
post Mar 8 2012, 08:56 AM
Post #104

Moving Target

Member No.: 36,268

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 7 2012, 06:12 PM) *
do tell!

Well, two car chases in London. One ended up with my character's BMW totaled, an Assamite flung through the windshield of his car and passenger side door, hitting my character and tossing her out along with the driver side door. Then we had a scuffle on the road, my character shot the Assamite's eyes out and got hit by acid barf while escaping (Assamite wasn't too thrilled about being temporarily blinded), luckily most of it landed on the leather jacket which I promptly ditched.
During another one, I had to drive the Prince's Mercedes as a decoy. Blue Oni's character (who can't shoot) managed to stop the pursuing car with a shotgun (a slug to the radiator works wonders (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) ).
Then there was the incident where I tried to run over a demon using a dump truck. I never expected that the truck would flip through the air and land wheels-up on a fountain.
And bailing out of the tenth floor of Warsaw Marriott Hotel, then making a run for it into the tunnels under Central Station. Yes, there was a Nosferatu hideout there, as to be expected.

That can't be LARPed. But it's epic.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Mar 8 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #105

Freelance Elf

QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Mar 8 2012, 04:56 AM) *
That can't be LARPed.

Says who? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 8 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #106

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 8 2012, 11:38 AM) *
Your lawyer, after you find out that your car can outrun a cruiser but not the police band. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Mar 8 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #107

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

@Mike: and here i thought tables had been broken because you were playing vampire . .

+Quote Post
Seriously Mike
post Mar 9 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #108

Moving Target

Member No.: 36,268

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 9 2012, 12:16 AM) *
@Mike: and here i thought tables had been broken because you were playing vampire . .

Considering the Brujah are my favorite, you were close. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Mar 9 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #109

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Feb 7 2010, 06:59 PM) *
I think it's pretty hilarious that most of the vampires look all chic and artsy. Goddamn, if I were a vampire who was 100 years old, I think I'd have better things to do than go through the trouble to look like an affluent clubbing 20-something.

Vampires are as vain as everyone else (or even moreso), and if you have the means... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Besides, it is a useful way to keep the bloodflow steady. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Mar 9 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #110

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 9 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Vampires are as vain as everyone else (or even moreso), and if you have the means... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Besides, it is a useful way to keep the bloodflow steady. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Bye
Thanee

"Ahh, dammit, I got syphillis in my bloodflow again! I thought we were through with that crap in the 70s!"

EDIT:

Or, since you're actually centuries old,

"Zounds! 'Tis the French disease, I taste it distinctly, in the blood of this, this...'clubber'!"

+Quote Post
Critias
post Mar 9 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #111

Freelance Elf

QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 9 2012, 08:38 AM) *

Bye
Thanee

Of course, most importantly, it was a way for White Wolf to appeal to their chosen demographic, and make their gamers feel like trendy club-hopping cool kids, instead of just another bunch of gamers.

+Quote Post
Angelone
post Mar 11 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #112

Running Target

Member No.: 7,409

Hmm still have the game on my computer. I'm gonna play it again and actually try the zombie mission this time. Maybe a Tremere so I can sith people.

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Mar 12 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #113

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

The game is worth playing through on a Malkavian at least once for the really amusing work they put into the crazy. Like the TV news broadcaster talking to YOU and having a conversation with a stop sign. NO YOU STOP!

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Mar 13 2012, 02:59 AM
Post #114

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Mar 12 2012, 12:30 PM) *
The game is worth playing through on a Malkavian at least once for the really amusing work they put into the crazy. Like the TV news broadcaster talking to YOU and having a conversation with a stop sign. NO YOU STOP!

That was highly amusing.

Well played, sign. Well played.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.