Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Canadian sends his heartfelt sympathy south
pbangarth
post Feb 13 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #1

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

I just heard that the only one of the 50 States not to have measurable snow today is Hawaii. To all you poor sods suffering the grip of a blizzard that won't end, from one who has been there many times in a land that expects this kind of shit every year, I hope and pray it lets go soon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AngelisStorm
post Feb 13 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Edge of the Redmond Barrens, Borderline NAN. Runnin' the border for literal milk runs.
Member No.: 11,565

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/question.gif) Send #50 some snow love!

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Feb 13 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 12 2010, 08:43 PM) *
I just heard that the only one of the 50 States not to have measurable snow today is Hawaii. To all you poor sods suffering the grip of a blizzard that won't end, from one who has been there many times in a land that expects this kind of shit every year, I hope and pray it lets go soon.

You're not sorry for us, and you know it. >:(
*jk*

*Moves to Greece--much nicer weather than Hawaii, and better food than California^*

^Southern California, near the coast, is the only place besides the Mediterranean to have the Mediterranean climate.

+Quote Post
CanadianWolverin...
post Feb 13 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,309

You know what the funny part is? Its raining in Vancouver (snow at Whistler) and the 'geniuses' at VANOC who put this thing together now have to ship snow to a bunch of the events by truck. And yet, snow is freaking dumping in places like Texas.

But wait, is it snowing in Washington, Oregon, California? And its raining here on Vancouver Island? Did we get a warm current/air from Hawaii way or something?

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Feb 13 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ Feb 13 2010, 04:22 AM) *
You know what the funny part is? Its raining in Vancouver

I've heard. Isn't most everyone complaining that the olympics are a waste of money that could be better spent on other things?

+Quote Post
CanadianWolverin...
post Feb 13 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,309

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 13 2010, 03:27 AM) *
I've heard. Isn't most everyone complaining that the olympics are a waste of money that could be better spent on other things?

Yes and no. Depends on who you are asking, businesses and those employed by them saw boosts before the fiasco with financing south of the border and recent polls show that Canadians from other provinces approve of the games mostly. In BC though, many of us do see it as a waste, especially as costs ballooned, civil rights were threatened, police big brother presence increased, and provincial budgets made cuts to social programs but managed to find plenty of extra cash to hand over to the private interests of VANOC/IOC for a party that is poorly planned, executed, and expensively priced thus rich exclusive ... as well as being a bold faced bit of BS excuse for our coward of a PM, Stephen Harper, to prorogue Parliament for a second time within a year, most likely to dodge a parliamentary order to answer questions about the issue of torture in Afghanistan and place Conservative friendly senators ... basicly grasping at maintaining power, again. Most BC Canadians have plenty of legitimate reasons to be irate with all three levels of their government and the private corps these days.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Feb 13 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Yeah, not really awake enough to completely follow that, but ok!

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Feb 13 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #8

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 12 2010, 08:43 PM) *

Hey, I went to work for 6 hours this entire week. My only complaint is I'm a little sick, so I have to sit back and drink hot chocolate instead of beer. If it weren't for idiot drivers, I wouldn't mind doing this every year!

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Feb 13 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #9

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

It's part of a conspiracy to steal all of Canada's snow. We're working with Carmen Sandiego on this. By next year there won't even be a speck of the white stuff in the Ukon.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Feb 13 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

isnt Greece about to go bankrupt?

+Quote Post
crizh
post Feb 13 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

QUOTE (Daylen @ Feb 13 2010, 03:45 PM) *

Fire-sale?

If it is it could be a great place for anyone with cash to buy up useful assets cheap.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Feb 13 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #12

Running Target

are you nuts? in a progressive nation like that? I suspect they're about to start nationalising anything and everything. Really sucks cause I like greek food and always wanted to ship a sailboat to greece and sail around the islands for a month or so. I wont do that though if they become too much like a 3rd world nation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
Doc Byte
post Feb 13 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,168

QUOTE (Daylen @ Feb 13 2010, 04:45 PM) *

Not going to happen thanks to the EU. But the damn Euro's value falls and I'll have to pay more for my American novels. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Feb 13 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

I'm fragging sick of snow!

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Feb 13 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

Canadian women are generally hot; they have terrific complexion due to less sunlight.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Feb 13 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #16

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

How can you tell their shapes under all that cold weather padded clothing? long underwear, heavy pants, sweaters, parkas, mucklucks etc THEN they really pile it on in winter

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Feb 14 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #17

Running Target

Not so sure about pale being hot... I like em a little more rich in vitamin D.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Feb 14 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #18

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Feb 13 2010, 07:29 PM) *
How can you tell their shapes under all that cold weather padded clothing? long underwear, heavy pants, sweaters, parkas, mucklucks etc THEN they really pile it on in winter

One time, while on a trip with a college club, I went to a strip club in Canada. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Feb 14 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #19

Running Target

double points if the club paid the tips.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Feb 14 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #20

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Daylen @ Feb 13 2010, 08:21 PM) *
double points if the club paid the tips.

Ha ha, I guess that for all intents and purposes that's what happened. Most of us actually left pretty quickly to go do other things, but one guy from the club stayed behind and spent a ridiculous amount of money on the strippers. It was very sad at the time, actually, but I guess you can say that that one guy tipped for all of us.

+Quote Post
AngelisStorm
post Feb 14 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

From: Edge of the Redmond Barrens, Borderline NAN. Runnin' the border for literal milk runs.
Member No.: 11,565

I'll second that Canadians are hot. Person for person they have a much higher percentage of hotness than the US does. (But to be fair, I can only vouch for British Columbia and Alberta.)

And I'm actually suprised that on the day in question, the Big Island didn't get any snow (it has snow year round). Guess no rain clouds were floating by. (And remember: in the winter months it snows pretty much daily in the Washington mountains. So it's not hard for that state to have "measurable" snowfall.)

Poor BC. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif) (I could have hopped a Amtrak all the way to the Olympics from Seattle, and instead I'm stuck in Hawaii doing homework. Weak. Oh well; off to Chinese New Years. Aloha all.)

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Feb 14 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #22

Running Target

I dun know, there are an awful lot of hotties at the universities I've been to in the US. If it wasnt so cold up there in canada I'd have to go try some of them out and see for myself.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Feb 14 2010, 02:45 AM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Canadians are so inherently hot that if there were a Canadian stripper turned ninja sniper assassin, and said Canadian stripper also somehow became an elf...I predict the universe would have a critical overload of hotness and reboot.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Feb 14 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #24

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Feb 13 2010, 06:45 PM) *
Canadians are so inherently hot that if there were a Canadian stripper turned ninja sniper assassin, and said Canadian stripper also somehow became an elf...I predict the universe would have a critical overload of hotness and reboot.

That sounds almost exactly like this role playing game I heard about...

+Quote Post
GreyBrother
post Feb 14 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,162

Macho Women with Guns?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.