Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hardliner Gloves for Unarmed Adepts
Andinel
post Feb 15 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,609

Does the Critical Strike power stack with hardliner gloves? Since they use the Unarmed Combat skill to attack, are they considered unarmed attacks? If they are, your unarmed adept just got a weapon focus.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Feb 15 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Strictly by the RAW, hardliner gloves have a damage code that replaces the normal unarmed damage code.

However, a lot of people (like me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif) ) seem to house rule it to give a +1 damage code, instead. I would ask your GM, since even if he house rules it that way, you want to be sure which adept powers he allows to stack with them (or doesn't).

+Quote Post
otakusensei
post Feb 15 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,514

QUOTE (Glyph @ Feb 15 2010, 02:36 PM) *
Strictly by the RAW, hardliner gloves have a damage code that replaces the normal unarmed damage code.

However, a lot of people (like me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif) ) seem to house rule it to give a +1 damage code, instead. I would ask your GM, since even if he house rules it that way, you want to be sure which adept powers he allows to stack with them (or doesn't).

That might be a bit too strict an interpretation of the RAW. It's pretty clearly based off the base unarmed damage, and as such I'm not sure if a house rule needs to be made to state what is essentially the obvious intention of the item. I know some will disagree, but simply because the gloves use your unmodified unarmed combat skill I would rule that they only make the changes listed to your base DV and damage type without constituting a new damage code.

Your GM is the final arbiter in this case. Whatever the decision, as a player you should weight the cost of the adapt power verse the risk of an item being available in a given situation. In the end always make the choice that fits the character.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.