Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Armor Add On: Audion System?, Arsenal Book pg44
Trollered
post Feb 18 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,165

I'm trying to trick out a helmet and examining all options but I can't find this one. Under Armor Suit Capacity, right side, after Audio Enhancement and before Audio Enhancement (Rating 1-3) it lists Audio System with a capacity 1. Now I'm looking in both the main book and this book but can't find what this is. I'm pretty sure it means that the helmet has audio capability and isn't muffled, but I don't want to make guesses on a thing I'm putting thought out work to. Any help?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aerospider
post Feb 18 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,968

It's a speaker system for audio data. It doesn't do anything to how well you can hear things outside the helmet, but it does allow for receiving audio communications, listening to music, relaying sounds recorded by audio sensors via device subscription, etc. Very handy if you don't have something like ear buds or a DNI connection to your commlink.

+Quote Post
Apathy
post Feb 18 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

More importantly, you can blast the 'Flight of the Valkyries' music as you glide in on your hover feet to napalm the crap out of some village.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Feb 18 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #4

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

I'd even allow the player to include external micro-speakers if he really wanted to blast his theme music during firefights.

Might attract some attention though.

+Quote Post
Trollered
post Feb 18 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 18,165

What page and book is it in?

+Quote Post
Doc Byte
post Feb 18 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,168

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Feb 18 2010, 09:10 PM) *
I'd even allow the player to include external micro-speakers if he really wanted to blast his theme music during firefights.

Or sound like an Imperial Stormtrooper.

+Quote Post
Professor Evil O...
post Feb 19 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,103

And, if nothing else, it lets you yell loud enough to be heard over the din of battle. You and your team mates might have radios, but the hostages you're trying to rescue might have trouble hearing you over the sound of gunfire.

QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Feb 18 2010, 01:34 PM) *
Or sound like an Imperial Stormtrooper.

"These are not the drones you're looking for." <mage waves hand>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:31 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.