post Feb 18 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,811

Evo Corporation Sea Guardian
Cost: 17,000¥
Availability: 15R

For those areas where you just don’t want intruders Evo presents the Sea Guardian. Starting with the base genetic template of the giant sea bass (Stereolepis gigas). This bio-engineered guardian is the size of a large troll (800lbs/360kg) and over 3 meters in length. It is tough and heavily armored, able to take a beating and come back for more. It can also be directed to areas with its Orientation Goad which can be tied into your sensor network.

Attributes:

Body: 7
Agility:5
Reaction: 3
Strength: 5
Charisma: 1
Intuition: 4
Logic: 1
Willpower: 3
Edge: 0
Essence: 0.15
Init: 8
IP:1

Movement: 10/30 (swimming)
Skills: Perception 2, Swimming 4, Unarmed Combat 6
Powers: Armor(2/5), Gills,
Qualities: Tough as Nails (2), Rhino Hide, Weak Immune System, Berserker
Cyberware: Orientation Goad, Spurs (Bite: DV 6P, AP 0)

EDIT: Added Spurs for teeth and raised the price from 15,000 to 17,000. Dropped Essence to 0.15.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brazilian_Shinob...
post Feb 18 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,437

LOL! It ain't just a mean tempered mutant sea bass, it is a mean tempered mutant DIRE sea bass.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Feb 18 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Feb 18 2010, 12:52 PM) *
LOL! It ain't just a mean tempered mutant sea bass, it is a mean tempered mutant DIRE sea bass.

Still not as effective as a shark with a laser on its head, but a pack of them should do a number on an intruder. Great at taking damage, but not so good at dealing it.

+Quote Post
D2F
post Feb 18 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,001

Out of sheer curiosity: Why did you opt for stun damage on the natural weapon?
Not that it would matter, but I am a curious cat by nature =)

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Feb 18 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (D2F @ Feb 18 2010, 01:04 PM) *
Out of sheer curiosity: Why did you opt for stun damage on the natural weapon?
Not that it would matter, but I am a curious cat by nature =)

If I gave it the natural weapon it should have had (Str/2+1) didn't feel right because that would put them in the Mako shark damage range and there is now way that a Sea Bass and a Mako have the same bite damage. The teeth in the pictures looked more like crushing teeth than shredding teeth, but the jaws looked powerful. So I upped the damage, but made it stun for crushing damage.

+Quote Post
Brazilian_Shinob...
post Feb 18 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,437

QUOTE (BRodda @ Feb 18 2010, 02:57 PM) *
Still not as effective as a shark with a laser on its head, but a pack of them should do a number on an intruder. Great at taking damage, but not so good at dealing it.

Well, sure. But if you take into account that for the same cost of a shark with lasers you get 15 sea bass, it looks like a great deal. Your submarine base is well defended against any scuba diver or against other bio-drones. You could even make a mixed defence where the sea bass act as screen for the sharks.

+Quote Post
Professor Evil O...
post Feb 19 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,103

QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Feb 18 2010, 11:01 AM) *
Well, sure. But if you take into account that for the same cost of a shark with lasers you get 15 sea bass, it looks like a great deal. Your submarine base is well defended against any scuba diver or against other bio-drones. You could even make a mixed defence where the sea bass act as screen for the sharks.

Hmmm, it might even be economical to bio-sculpt your sea bass to look like sharks. Maybe add in some cyber teeth (OK, just metal teeth really). Plus, for just a little bit more you could attach fake lasers to your sea bass. Of course, they still wouldn't really be sharks with lasers, but the runners shooting at them wouldn't be able to tell the difference (till they realize some of them aren't shooting back).

World domination is expensive. You have to save a buck wherever you can. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

All kidding aside, these (plus the sharks) are actually a pretty useful set of generic stats to use for underwater critters.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Feb 19 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Professor Evil Overlord @ Feb 19 2010, 05:12 AM) *
Hmmm, it might even be economical to bio-sculpt your sea bass to look like sharks. Maybe add in some cyber teeth (OK, just metal teeth really). Plus, for just a little bit more you could attach fake lasers to your sea bass. Of course, they still wouldn't really be sharks with lasers, but the runners shooting at them wouldn't be able to tell the difference (till they realize some of them aren't shooting back).

World domination is expensive. You have to save a buck wherever you can. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

All kidding aside, these (plus the sharks) are actually a pretty useful set of generic stats to use for underwater critters.

Thanks for the compliments. Coming from an evil overlord it means a lot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

I'm shocked there are no cyberjaws that were added when they introduced biodrones. I might have to remedy that.

+Quote Post
D2F
post Feb 19 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (BRodda @ Feb 19 2010, 03:11 PM) *
I'm shocked there are no cyberjaws that were added when they introduced biodrones. I might have to remedy that.

Well, there is a "Fangs" Option. And then there is the Cyberskull thingy... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Feb 19 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

QUOTE (D2F @ Feb 19 2010, 10:50 AM) *
Well, there is a "Fangs" Option. And then there is the Cyberskull thingy... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

I was looking at a cyber-jaw as a partial skull in the same way a hand or foot is a partial of a full cyberlimb. If you wanted the jaw to be greater strength then normal you needed a full cyberskull (like a cyber torso is needed for a limb.) Then its just a matter of capacity and upgrading the strength.

Hmmmm.... So lets check the rules. I give my fish a Customized CyberSkull. That would be 6 points over the 3 standard (+4 body,+2 STR) so the skull would cost 19K (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) .

I can mod it's skull to give it 1 point of STR for 250 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) and spurs (teeth) for 1,800 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) .
That would raise the bite damage to DV6P for a cost of 28K and .75 Ess... Total would go up to 43,000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

Of course I could just add the spurs for 0.3 Ess and 1,800. That would still be DV6P and only raise the price to 17,000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

Think we have a winner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

Of course it is now cyberpsychotic, but oh well.
I'll modify the original post to add this bad boy in.

+Quote Post
D2F
post Feb 19 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Or you could simply add "Fang Implants" for 0.1E and 800¥ at (STR/2)P (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

(Or "Horns" for (STR/2)+1P at 0.15E and 1,500¥)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:17 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.