IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paging Old Timers, Trying to find the first module I played...
BRodda
post Feb 19 2010, 03:39 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,811

The first game of Shadowrun I ever playier was at a tiny convention back in 1991-1992 time frame. It involved stealing a unicorn and the GM made notes as to whether we were good or bad or some shade of gray. It turned out the Johnson was some big time spirit trying to take over the morally grey area for souls (fr some odd reason I think it was called Charlie).

Anyone remember this and know where I might find it or am I just insane?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Feb 19 2010, 04:19 AM
Post #2

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Sounds to me like a con exclusive. Its deffinately not in any published adventure I recall ( and I have them all).

+Quote Post
Semerkhet
post Feb 19 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,079

QUOTE (BRodda @ Feb 18 2010, 09:39 PM) *
The first game of Shadowrun I ever playier was at a tiny convention back in 1991-1992 time frame. It involved stealing a unicorn and the GM made notes as to whether we were good or bad or some shade of gray. It turned out the Johnson was some big time spirit trying to take over the morally grey area for souls (fr some odd reason I think it was called Charlie).

Anyone remember this and know where I might find it or am I just insane?

I played in some SR GenCon games in that time frame but I don't remember the particular plot you're talking about.

I did, however, recently come across my official Doc Wagon first aid bandaid pack that FASA gave away at their both at GenCon the first couple years of SR1. Good times.

+Quote Post
Method
post Feb 19 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #4

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

QUOTE (Semerkhet @ Feb 18 2010, 08:41 PM) *
I did, however, recently come across my official Doc Wagon first aid bandaid pack that FASA gave away at their both at GenCon the first couple years of SR1. Good times.
Oh man I wish I had one of those! I would seriously carry it in my white coat and use it when I see patients. If you ever want to part with it, let me know.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Feb 19 2010, 06:06 AM
Post #5

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

I remember running a unicorn shapeshifter in a game around that time period, but that was in Seattle, and not at a con. Where were you at the time?

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Feb 19 2010, 07:23 AM
Post #6

King of the Hobos

Member No.: 127

The only thing it vaguely reminds me of is the adventure The Shoot Wild Horses from the Shadowrun site but that's a protection gig rather than heist so doesn't really fit, plus it's much later than the 91-92 timeframe mentioned. Best guess is that like Method said it was written for the con as it's not a published adventure to the best of my knowledge.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Feb 19 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #7

Freelance Elf

Member No.: 6,714

Ditto with everyone else. There's only a very few old adventures I don't own, and that one's certainly not a-ringin' any bells.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Feb 19 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,811

QUOTE (Cain @ Feb 19 2010, 01:06 AM) *
I remember running a unicorn shapeshifter in a game around that time period, but that was in Seattle, and not at a con. Where were you at the time?

In a little town called Pittsfield, MA. IT\t was a small con at our local comic store.

+Quote Post
Professor Evil O...
post Feb 21 2010, 04:18 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,103

Gotta be a tournament or con module. I've got everything officially mass published by FASA, excepting KAGE, from SR1-3. Your only other shot would be if it was from an independent (non-FASA) gaming mag.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Feb 21 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #10

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Member No.: 178

QUOTE (BRodda @ Feb 19 2010, 04:08 AM) *

In a little town called Pittsfield, MA. IT\t was a small con at our local comic store.

Sorry, I can't help you. I recall running a home game around a unicorn shifter, but it was definitely not at a mini-con back East.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:24 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.