IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dawn of the Artifacts, anything else I should know?, Should I wait until it's finished to start running it?
otakusensei
post Feb 23 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,514

I've been buying them as they've become available, and I like where things are going. I'd like to start running them but I'm wondering if there are anymore twists like we see in Midnight? Not plot so much, just the sudden nature of Midnight coming on the heels of Dusk. Is Darkest Hour going to take place right away? Should I wait until they are all out? How much plot massaging am I in for if I go ahead and start running? It's nothing I can't handle as a GM; just one more thing I might be able to avoid and/or see coming, you know?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Feb 23 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Hmm. Tough question. You can technically run the adventures in any order - it's assumed you run them in the order they're printed and that they take place chronologically, but from a practical standpoint you can totally run side adventures or entire campaigns in between books, or just have DotA be one-offs or side adventures to your main campaign. There may also be some follow-ups or side-adventures in Missions or something like that, but I don't have the details...and couldn't give them to you if I did.

+Quote Post
EuroShadow
post Feb 23 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 17,956

On the related note: I have one question for the Dusk, that I'm curious if someone has comments.

But it is probably a spoiler for those who got to play these adventures, so I will use Spoiler tags.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Feb 23 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Semerkhet
post Feb 23 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,079

QUOTE (otakusensei @ Feb 22 2010, 08:23 PM) *
I've been buying them as they've become available, and I like where things are going. I'd like to start running them but I'm wondering if there are anymore twists like we see in Midnight? Not plot so much, just the sudden nature of Midnight coming on the heels of Dusk. Is Darkest Hour going to take place right away? Should I wait until they are all out? How much plot massaging am I in for if I go ahead and start running? It's nothing I can't handle as a GM; just one more thing I might be able to avoid and/or see coming, you know?

I just finished running my group through Dusk. I have Midnight, but I'm going to fit in a couple of my own runs before I start that. I think it's fairly easy to rationalize that:
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Semerkhet
post Feb 23 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,079

QUOTE (EuroShadow @ Feb 23 2010, 03:29 AM) *
On the related note: I have one question for the Dusk, that I'm curious if someone has comments.

But it is probably a spoiler for those who got to play these adventures, so I will use Spoiler tags.

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Feb 23 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #7

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.