IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mentor Spirit / Totem idea, please help!
WiredWeasel
post Feb 25 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,675

Okay, so I'm making a Shaman to play in a friend of mine's game, and I was looking for help designing a new Mentor Spirit / Totem.
I'd like him to follow Weasel. The closest I've found is Trickster. But I don't think it's the best fit.
So I call out to all the imaginative and to the veterans (I'm looking at you, Ancient History (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )out on these illustrious boards as a cry for help.

Help me make a Weasel totem!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AndyZ
post Feb 25 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,444

I'd like to help, but I don't know anything about the Weasel archetype. Can you tell us more about Weasel?

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Feb 25 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #3

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

I R Weasel?

+Quote Post
SQLCowboy
post Feb 25 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 18,106

Weasel is known for being observant, so I'd go with +2 to detection spells. They are also fighters, so I'd go with +2 to summoning Beast spirits.

I'd say that if cornered, they'd need to make a will + cha test against having to fight their way out of the situation.

+Quote Post
AndyZ
post Feb 25 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,444

I found this website: http://www.manataka.org/page236.html#WEASEL Assuming it's pretty accurate, here's my thoughts.

It seems to me that mentor spirits all have +2 to two different things and either a -1 to something else or a Willpower+Charisma (3) roll. Noting this, I attempt to pick and choose from different mentor spirits in order to throw something together:

+2 to Perception and Assensing Tests (Owl from Street Magic)

+2 to either Infiltration or Gymnastics, pick one (Cat)

I'm still thinking about disadvantage but I'll post this now.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Feb 25 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

Weasel often overestimates his abilities during the hunt and becomes vulnerable to counterattack and defeat.

Cha+Wil (3) test to back down when outmatched/to not attempt something outside your ability. Perhaps even forcing high F spells because weasel thinks he can handle it.

+Quote Post
GreyBrother
post Feb 26 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,162

Who's going to hunt for his MitS? Didn't they have a write-up for Weasle-Totems?

+Quote Post
Professor Evil O...
post Feb 26 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,103

QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Feb 26 2010, 12:44 AM) *
Who's going to hunt for his MitS? Didn't they have a write-up for Weasle-Totems?

I'm afraid not, I just checked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)
It isn't in Awakenings either, which has a totem index for the SR1/2 sources such as the Grimoire.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:28 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.