IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyborg Questions, A possible open ended list.
Squinky
post Feb 28 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,377

Howdy.

I'm working up a cyborg character, trying to piece together all the rules into a "cheat sheet" and some questions have come up that I am unsure of.
I present it to you all for possible interpretation:

1. The hot sim VR user gets +2 to all Matrix actions (p. 229, SR4). bonus. Does it apply to EVERYTHING? (according to the faq, riggers get that bonus )

2. Since Cyborgs have no physical stats, how do they recover (heal) from biofeedback damage?

Thanks for any help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Feb 28 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

1. So long as it is done via VR, I suppose so. I'm surprised riggers get that bonus too, but whatever.
2. Well, by RAW it seems they'd only get to use willpower to heal. I'd imagine it would be possible to convince most GMs to make it Willpower*2 for a cyborg.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Feb 28 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

Augmentation has an entire section of handy rules and stat-substitutions for cyborgs. I really suggest you look there.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Feb 28 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Yeah, I've been researching that area thoroughly. These questions are based off of either what I missed, or what was not covered explicitly per those rules.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Feb 28 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #5

Running Target

1. So long as it is done via VR, I suppose so. I'm surprised riggers get that bonus too, but whatever.

It felt cheesy to me, because everything they do is in VR. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but I guess thats the way it works. My character will be an adult brain, so this will kind of even out
with the -1 Iwill get to my real skills.

2. Well, by RAW it seems they'd only get to use willpower to heal. I'd imagine it would be possible to convince most GMs to make it Willpower*2 for a cyborg.

Guess thats a start. Thanks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:05 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.