IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Meet the Preacher, A Ghoul hunting Ghouls...
The Jopp
post Mar 3 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 948

Meet the preacher.

The preacher was once a fiery baptist preacher who lashed out against those who were different (elves, mutants, ghouls, politicians, dragons etc). After a two week business trip he went home to discover that his wife and three children had had a visitor.

His wife had been nailed to the kitchen table and flayed alive. His children had become feral ghouls and had feasted on their mother, and then they turned on him.

He had to slay his own three children and became infected. For ten years he has hunted the one responsible and in turn has become one despised and fearsome bounty hunter who exclusively hunts down any kind of paranormal threat.

The transformation into a ghoul was anything but easy as he became a changeling at the same time. The experience gave him some rather unusual abilities that he simply call a gift from god in his battle against evil.

Outward appearance is that of a ragged cowboy in a duster and scruffy hat.

Last known location was in Reno where he was forced to kill a twelve year old nosferatu – who’s father falsified reports and threatened witnesses to convince the police to retract his bounty hunter license. Not that he cared – he saved the poor childs soul after it had killed it’s own mother…

Now he is forced to work alongside the malcontents he has resented for most of his life and realized that monsters come in many guises – and that he is one of them.

He supplements his dietary requirements by hunting feral ghouls.

He has heavily modified weapons, most noticeable is his sawn off tri-barreled elephant rifle and a heavy revolver sporting a single shot shotgun underbarrel weapon.

Point Distribution
Resources: 39
Physical: 80
Mental: 100
Magic: 0
Qualities: 30+ / 30-
Skills: 118
Race: 35 [Ghoul]
Edge: 10
Contacts: 18 [3 contacts with 3/3]

Attributes (Cyberware Bonuses included)
BOD: 7
AGI: 6
REA: 7
STR: 7
CHA: 4
LOG: 2
INT: 4
WIL: 6
EDG: 3

Active Skills
Etiquette: 3
Leadership [Persuation]: 2 (4)
Intimidation [Physical]: 1 (3)
Longarm [Sports Rifle]: 2 (4)
Pistol [Revolver]: 2 (4)
Stealth Group: 1
Athletics Group: 1
First Aid [Combat Wounds]: 2 (4)
Armorer [Firearms]: 1 (3)
Blades [Knives]: 1 (3)
Unarmed 3
Clubs [Rifle Butts]: 1(3)
Groundcraft [Car]: 1(3)

Qualities
Adrenaline Surge
Changeling III
Bad Rep [Child Killer]
Religious [Church on Sunday]
Enemy [Blood Mage Ghoul]
Spirit Bane [Blood Spirits]

Bioware and Cyberware [All Alpha] [Essence Cost: 3]
Cybereyes Smartlink & Lowlight & Flarecomp
Muscle Augmentation II
Muscle Toner II
Wired Reflexes II
Clean metabolism
Hair Growth

Changeling Abilities
Nasty Vibe
Arcane Arrester
Astral Hazing
Critter Spook

Main Weapons
Elephant Rifle [7665Y]
The rifle is a short, ugly and a brutal affair. Base on real life triple barrelled shotgun with a sawn off barrel and removed stock. Custom built by himself and carries a plethora of ammunition from Ebenholtz wood slugs against Nosferatu and capsule round with Pepper punch & DMSO to disable targets. Silver bullets and other gear is within his possession.
[1] Semi Automatic Modification
[1] Increased Ammo [Three Barreled Rifle]
[1] Barrel Reduction
[1] Removed Stock [Barrel Reduction] [Double Recoil]
[1] Melee Hardening
[1] Skin Link
Top-Mounted Smartlink
Underbarrel Weight

Ruger Super Warhawk [3120Y]
A modern version of an old LeMatt cavalry revolver with an underbarrel single shot 12 gauge shotgun shell.
[1] Increased Cylinder
[3] Underbarrel Weapon [Enshiro Hatamoto II –Barrel Reduction / Smartlink-]
[1] Skinlink
[1] Semi Automatic Modification
Top-Mounted Smartlink

Additional Equipment
He also carries a fully automatic Slivergun (against the unruly, and unarmored, hordes of evil…)
A Taurus Multi-6 in an ankle holster
Silver Coated Cougar Fineblade
Walter Palm Pistol in a gun arm slide
He drives a Rover 2058 (Used, based on 2068 model)

Add in a commlink, armorer toolkit, medkit and other useful tools.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ravensoracle
post Mar 3 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,184

I think I just found a Sweet enemy for one of my players in the RL game I'm running. She's a Witch that has focused on possesion spirits. She asked me to come up with her enemy. If it's ok with you I think I might steal the preacher.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Mar 3 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Runner

QUOTE (ravensoracle @ Mar 3 2010, 10:49 AM) *
I think I just found a Sweet enemy for one of my players in the RL game I'm running. She's a Witch that has focused on possesion spirits. She asked me to come up with her enemy. If it's ok with you I think I might steal the preacher.

Knock yourself out.

He is basically a magic nullifying streetsam - a bit of an Antihero hellbent on vengeance and destroying whatever evil stands in his way...and those who assist them...

+Quote Post
EuroShadow
post Mar 3 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 17,956

Excellent cost. Like it very much.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Mar 3 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #5

Runner

About the Elephant Rifle.

Since it is now a triple barreled shotgun it gains the following upgraded profile. I also added an underbarrel weight.

You can either fire 1 barrel at a time or all 3.

Firing all 3 gives +2 damage and +3* recoil

Base Damage: 9P /AP-1
3 barrels: 11P / AP-1

*I add 1 point extra recoil since there is no longer a shoulder stock and the thing kicks like a mule.

+Quote Post
Dr.Rockso
post Mar 3 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,849

Very brave, selecting blood spirit as your bane. Hope you don't run against the Azzies. Also, don't forget ghouls start with an automatic magic stat of 1 and are dual natured. Only bringing it up because I didn't see it stated.

+Quote Post
Method
post Mar 3 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #7

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Sheer awesomeness. Great backstory.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Mar 3 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #8

Runner

QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Mar 3 2010, 05:52 PM) *
Very brave, selecting blood spirit as your bane. Hope you don't run against the Azzies. Also, don't forget ghouls start with an automatic magic stat of 1 and are dual natured. Only bringing it up because I didn't see it stated.

Well, he IS somewhat equipped to deal with spirits.
Spirit powers within 2 meters of him will drop by -4.
Spirit force will drop by -4 and if going to zero will be disrupted.
Spellcasters will have a -4D6 dicepool and a +4 to drain value.
All spells cast against him have halved force (base force).

Yea, he begins with magic one, which is first nullified by his Astral Hazing and then he got ware removing it. So he's no longer dual natured.
When fighting other Ghouls (who usually go in close) will loose their dual natured ability as their magic drops to zero (if they have magic 1-4) and will be effectively blind (-6 modifier).

Curious watchers or just whizzing by will go *pop* just going past him.

Most spirits one usually face are around F1-4 and heavier oppossition can have 5-6. You've gotta run some rather high profile runs if you start facing F7-10 and when we come to F11-14 or F15-18 then you are facing someone who tries to summon pure forces of evil or raging elemental forces.

Personally I'm gonna be more concerned about several Azzie special forces than a great form blood spirit - I've must done something VERY wrong If i got onto their radar.

On the other hand...what a way to go...

+Quote Post
Method
post Mar 3 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #9

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Can dual natured critters survive if their magic drops below 1? Maybe I'm remembering something from past editions, tho. I'm not fully versed in the new infected rules...

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Mar 3 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #10

Runner

QUOTE (Method @ Mar 3 2010, 07:29 PM) *
Can dual natured critters survive if their magic drops below 1? Maybe I'm remembering something from past editions, tho. I'm not fully versed in the new infected rules...

as long as they are within range of a background count that reduce their magic to zero or below they are unable to use magic, no other effect apply.

For people witha higher magic ratting it also affects astral visibility.

The Preacher can also disrupt barriers, wards, active foci etc by just being close.

So yea, mages in the team will NEVER invite them home - or want them in the same car.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.