Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bonuses for a Rigger...
Jonny Reload
post Mar 5 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,757

Outa curiosity, I wanted to clear up some confusion with one of my players who has a Rigger. He's stating that he should be getting a +4 to all his actions when jumped in since A) He's Hot Sim VR'ing which is a +2 to all actions and B) He has a Control Rig which is +2 once more.

Something doesn't seem right here to me, or do you get a +4 to anything you do when jumped in with a Control Rig via Hot Sim?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Mar 5 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

My reading is yes you do. Well with anything to do with running a drone you do.

+Quote Post
Jonny Reload
post Mar 5 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Ya know, with the 20th Anniversary Edition of Shadowrun, you figure they'd make the rules for some of the more vague aspects a bit clearer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif)

+Quote Post
Tycho
post Mar 5 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,495

he is almost right:

QUOTE ("SR4A 245")
Hot sim benefits the rigger as much as the hacker. All actions by a rigger who has jumped into a drone (or other device) are considered Matrix actions, and receive the benefit of the +2 bonus due to hot sim VR use.

QUOTE ("SR4A 338")
The control rig provides a +2 dice pool bonus on all Vehicle skill tests while the rigger is “jumped into” a vehicle/drone via full virtual reality.

So he gets +2 to all tests in VR which includes all tests while rigging.

But he gets the +2 Bonus from the Control Rig only on Vehicle Skills, so if he wants to infiltrate with his car, he does not get the bonus dice, since infiltration is not a vehicle skill.

cya
Tycho

+Quote Post
Jonny Reload
post Mar 5 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

At least that sounds a bit more reasonable. Thanks

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Mar 5 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #6

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

If I´m not mistaken, Gunnery is a vehicle skill, yes?

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Mar 5 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

QUOTE (Ryu @ Mar 5 2010, 05:03 PM) *

It is.

Also, don't forget to grab control rig booster nanites (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
DWC
post Mar 5 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

And don't forget that he takes physical damage from dumpshock when you crash the node of one of his drones. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
svenftw
post Mar 5 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,081

QUOTE (Ryu @ Mar 5 2010, 02:03 PM) *

Actually, no. It states that you get the +2 bonus dice to Vehicle Tests, not to all vehicle skills. Basically, he gets the +4 when he's making rolls to do any actual driving/flying (making a Vehicle Test - it's a specific test defined in the Combat chapter), but only +2 for Gunnery skills and the like.

+Quote Post
Achsin
post Mar 5 2010, 11:43 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 17,955

QUOTE (DWC @ Mar 5 2010, 11:20 PM) *
And don't forget that he takes physical damage from dumpshock when you crash the node of one of his drones. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

and stun damage from biofeedback when the drone takes damage

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Mar 6 2010, 02:28 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

QUOTE (svenftw @ Mar 5 2010, 06:34 PM) *
Actually, no. It states that you get the +2 bonus dice to Vehicle Tests, not to all vehicle skills. Basically, he gets the +4 when he's making rolls to do any actual driving/flying (making a Vehicle Test - it's a specific test defined in the Combat chapter), but only +2 for Gunnery skills and the like.

No.

The bonus applies to all vehicle skill tests. Look up the section on Vehicle skills and Gunnery is in there.

+Quote Post
SleepIncarnate
post Mar 6 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,931

If he were a TM with 2 ranks in the Immersion Echo, he would get a +4 though to all rolls when jumped in.

+Quote Post
Jonny Reload
post Mar 6 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Squinky is right, the one skill I didn't want him to have a +4 to he will... Gunnery. Ahh well, I just gotta dig out some bigger critters and threats for the team's rigger then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Mar 6 2010, 02:54 AM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

QUOTE (Jonny Reload @ Mar 5 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Squinky is right, the one skill I didn't want him to have a +4 to he will... Gunnery. Ahh well, I just gotta dig out some bigger critters and threats for the team's rigger then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Drones and vehicles can't always be there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
DWC
post Mar 6 2010, 03:00 AM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

QUOTE (Jonny Reload @ Mar 5 2010, 09:51 PM) *

Never underestimate the value of directional jammers. Starting a war of escalation will just annoy everyone caught in the crossfire and push the grounds of plausibility as the Air Force eventually starts sending Skytrain gunships packing Firelance vehicle lasers and Taurus gauss cannons to hunt his killer drones.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:17 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.