> Play by Email
Aria
post Mar 9 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

Hi,

I've been playing SR for years but sadly no longer have time for a real time meeting of like minded folks. I've been considering running an email game with a single player (for now) with emphasis on world building and characterisation rather than combat and dice rolling. The character will be a fixer / info broker / mover and shaker rather than active participant (and I'll be using material from the Emergance book).

I was wondering if anyone had some pointers for me? How you've seen it done successfully etc?!? I did try a search through the forums but it's now so big that i couldn't think of a suitable search (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

Thanks, Aria
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Mar 9 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,652

Well, if you go look at the 'welcome to the shadows' section, you'll see a dozen or so Play by Post games going. I figure they would operate along very similar lines. Not sure of any pointers except be patient, it can take more concentration and effort to do a post for a scene than you think sometimes, and so it can occasionally take a while for one party or the other to post (or e-mail in your case). Otherwise, it sounds fun, good luck to you with it.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 9 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

Thanks! Will take a look over there...will be interested in how other GMs are handling this sort of thing...

+Quote Post
Method
post Mar 10 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #4

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 9 2010, 09:33 AM) *
Thanks! Will take a look over there...will be interested in how other GMs are handling this sort of thing...
In that case be sure to read through recruiting threads. Those tend to house all the nuts-n-bolts of how the GM wants to run their game.

And welcome to Dumpshock.

+Quote Post
sunnyside
post Mar 11 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,502

I'd suggest a play by forum format (unless you suspect the other person wouldn't check much).

There are plenty of forums to use, and more than a few services that let you set up one on your own.

The large advantage is having the whole thing right there in the threads. Searchable and they can be scrolled through.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:46 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.