IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starting a new game., or at least gathering interest.
pbangarth
post Mar 16 2010, 05:44 AM
Post #151

Captain Canuck

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

OK, wow. So, there's nine of us. Blackhat's idea of the rest of us being Tag's rescue team has some merit. Figuring out the relationships should be a real joy! Looking at the team through Bongo Slade's eyes, and seeing how we match up:

Three others also have addictions. We will be trading drugs like there's no tomorrow.

Two others also have the adept power Linguistics. We will be trading languages like there's no yesterday.

One other also lists himself as the most loved person.

One other also dumped school early. (Let's not discuss that penile implant!)

One other also finds art interesting.

One other is also heavily into metamagic extra-sensory perception.

One other also has a strong dislike for authority figures.

Oddly enough, the artist may make the first strong connection with the artifice. Tag is desperate to find a purpose. Bongo knows his own purpose with rock solidity. Tag will be curious about that, I'm sure. And Bongo has never spoken to one such as Tag before. "What is that language you speak?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Mar 16 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #152

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,685

And several of us seem to appreciate cooking, fine foods, and wine.

+Quote Post
SleepIncarnate
post Mar 16 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #153

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,931

And none of those was my character, the odd one out, which is actually kinda how I planned her. Damned mages can't just socialize with everyone else.

+Quote Post
zzyxzs
post Mar 16 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #154

Target

Member No.: 18,118

It also looks like just about everyone is based out of Seattle (except for my character, but he is planning on leaving town, perhaps arriving in Seattle as the game starts), so that is certainly common ground for the PCs to start off knowing each other.

To make the peer review easier, here are links to the characters that have been posted:

+Quote Post
ravensoracle
post Mar 16 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #155

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,184

Thanks for that zzyxzs, Since everyone is being based out of Seattle I will change the beginning up slightly to take that into account.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Mar 16 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #156

Captain Canuck

QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Mar 16 2010, 10:38 AM) *
And none of those was my character, the odd one out, which is actually kinda how I planned her. Damned mages can't just socialize with everyone else.

Pyro does have a Knowledge Skill in Art, which is the connection I posted.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Mar 17 2010, 02:56 AM
Post #157

Running Target

What is the campaign name?

+Quote Post
zzyxzs
post Mar 17 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #158

Target

Member No.: 18,118

As a hook for prior contact with each other, I notice that Max has a contact that is an Aztechnology Johnson. Flax's background lists a history of working for one or more Aztlan Johnsons, though he didn't know of their Aztlan connection at the time. I'd say that it is entirely possible that Max and Flax (ugh) have worked together in the past, the former as the front man and the latter as the man in the shadows.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Mar 17 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #159

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

If their names rhyme, it HAS to be true! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rollin.gif)

+Quote Post
Red-ROM
post Mar 18 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #160

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,787

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Mar 17 2010, 01:57 PM) *
If their names rhyme, it HAS to be true! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rollin.gif)

haha!

yea, that sounds good, Max was a "fixer" level character origianaly, so he's kinda built like that.

Kit- Max Is looking to grow his new found magical talents, so he may have come into contact with you that way, although they differ greatly in idiology. What tradition are you?(and did you buy the magic quality? i didn't see it listed)

Richard- not a whole lot in common, but I too was Late to awaken and also went through the discovery of "astral sight", and every runner meets a street doc sooner or later

Tag- I imagine that if we met, it was for Forgery purposes, Thats a big part of Max's livelyhood, and requires some serious matrix work.

Tristan- We have a difference of oppinion on aztechnology and little in common, but I know a lot of smugglers in and out of salish lands

Pyro-Max probably won't be impressed with the way you dress, But you are a much better mage than he. He is currently trying to find a good talismonger, and anyone awakened he can network with.

Sidewinder- worlds apart man, But I do know a Native American gang thats works all over Salish-shida territory and I speak a little of the language.

Bongo- Music, magic, drugs? I bet we've been to some of the same parties (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

-Hope I didn't miss anybody

+Quote Post
ravensoracle
post Mar 18 2010, 01:06 AM
Post #161

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,184

Ok guys this just isn't my week. A friend of mine passed yesterday, I am helping his parents deal with the details. All I really have left is reveiwing your characters but I am just not mentally up to that challenge at this time. Please take a little bit to review each others characters. I like the idea of you guys knowing each other so feel free to work that out among yourselves. I will be away from a computer for this weekend so I plan to have an initial start to the game up sometime next week. Hopefully earlier in the week.

+Quote Post
Red-ROM
post Mar 18 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #162

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,787

QUOTE (ravensoracle @ Mar 17 2010, 08:06 PM) *
Ok guys this just isn't my week. A friend of mine passed yesterday, I am helping his parents deal with the details. All I really have left is reveiwing your characters but I am just not mentally up to that challenge at this time. Please take a little bit to review each others characters. I like the idea of you guys knowing each other so feel free to work that out among yourselves. I will be away from a computer for this weekend so I plan to have an initial start to the game up sometime next week. Hopefully earlier in the week.

Sorry to hear that man. I know thats tough.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Mar 18 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #163

Running Target

QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 17 2010, 07:48 PM) *
Kit- Max Is looking to grow his new found magical talents, so he may have come into contact with you that way, although they differ greatly in idiology. What tradition are you?(and did you buy the magic quality? i didn't see it listed)

Thanks You!

I could not see where those extra points where coming from. The excel sheet I was using listed the Magician quality in a different place.

I'll correct that.

Kit follows a variation of the Shinto tradition. Shinto is religion of paying respect and begging the favor of the 8 Million Kami and of your own ancestors. It includes Buddhist traditions.

Per Wiki "Shinto is a religion in which practice (actions) and ritual, rather than words, are of the utmost importance. Shinto is characterized by the worship of nature, ancestors, polytheism, and animism, with a strong focus on ritual purity, involving honoring and celebrating the existence of Kami (神?). Kami are defined in English as "spirit", "essence" or "deities", that are associated with many understood formats; in some cases being human like, some animistic, others associated with more abstract "natural" forces in the world (mountains, rivers, lightning, wind, waves, trees, rocks). It may be best thought of as "sacred" elements and energies. Kami and people are not separate; they exist within the same world and share its interrelated complexity."

As an expatriate urbanite, she as learn to follow her own path to the Kami.
The Bon Odori, a Japanese Buddhist festival to honor the departed (deceased) spirits of one's ancestors in July, is very important to her.
She also has a strong respect for the local Kami (of what ever name or tradition) and to anyone who listens to the Kami.
She will spend some time researching the local Kami and earning their favor.
And as one who listens to the Kami and her ancestors (only half of whom are Japanese), she has an extensive knowledge of Magic Theory.
She also has an abhorrence of spirits and places that are twisted.

For common interest...

She regularly will visit parks or gardens and loves to get back to nature every couple of weeks.

She also has a keen sense of smell so any thing that involves things that smell good interest her.

She has a fascination with all things magical and loves to talk shop.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Mar 18 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #164

Running Target

QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 17 2010, 08:12 PM) *
Sorry to hear that man. I know thats tough.

Ditto.

Will do.

+Quote Post
SleepIncarnate
post Mar 18 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #165

Moving Target

Pyro-Max probably won't be impressed with the way you dress, But you are a much better mage than he. He is currently trying to find a good talismonger, and anyone awakened he can network with.

Maybe, maybe not. Think something similar to the girl on the cover of the Runner's Companion, except human, asian, and not tattooed. Pants, boots, tank top or sleeved shirt, lined coat, goggles, respirator.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Mar 18 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #166

Running Target

Kit has a good friend in Seattle who is a talismonger.

+Quote Post
SleepIncarnate
post Mar 18 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #167

Moving Target

So does Pyro.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Mar 18 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #168

Running Target

Hooding

Who here would have done any hooding?

Contact me privately at davblank@gmail.com if you wish to preserve your reputation.

+Quote Post
malachite333
post Mar 18 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #169

Target

Member No.: 17,796

What's hooding?

+Quote Post
SleepIncarnate
post Mar 18 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #170

Moving Target

If you hafta ask, you can't afford it.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Mar 18 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #171

Running Target

QUOTE (malachite333 @ Mar 18 2010, 12:44 PM) *
What's hooding?

Robinhooding.

Doing a run for a good cause.

Bad for your rep.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Mar 18 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #172

Running Target

How about this,

Where has each PC spent time running the Shadows?

Kit has 6 Months in Seattle, a year in Boston, a couple of months in Hong Kong and Denver, and 2 years in Japan. Before leaving the light, she spent time in UCAS (Boston MITT) and Japan (various).

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Mar 18 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #173

Captain Canuck

Bongo Slade has spent time doing runs or related activities in the following:

Toronto, Algonkian Manitou backcountry, Denver, Pueblo backcountry, Seattle, Philippines, Tokyo, Lagos.

+Quote Post
Crank
post Mar 18 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #174

Target

Member No.: 16,009

Sidewinder- worlds apart man, But I do know a Native American gang thats works all over Salish-shida territory and I speak a little of the language.

Looks like we run in the same circles though. Sidewinder's former gang, the First Nations, recently formed an alliance with the Komun'go Ring listed in your contact list. (This is according to the Vice sourcebook.)

Sidewinder has lived in Denver when he was younger, but has lived in Seattle for the past eight years. He's joined the gangs about six years ago and has been a runner for about two.

+Quote Post
SleepIncarnate
post Mar 18 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #175

Moving Target

QUOTE (cndblank @ Mar 18 2010, 02:54 PM) *
How about this,

Where has each PC spent time running the Shadows?

Kit has 6 Months in Seattle, a year in Boston, a couple of months in Hong Kong and Denver, and 2 years in Japan. Before leaving the light, she spent time in UCAS (Boston MITT) and Japan (various).

Pyro is almost exclusively Seattle, but she knows Illinois as a whole pretty well too, and magical types there might recognize her (not likely, as that was years ago).

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 12:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.