Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyber for a Technomancer
lunavoco
post Mar 9 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,241

It looks like my technomancer is going to lose a single point of essence to cyber/bio for RP reasons. Now that I have a point to play with, what else can i take to fill in some holes?

I was looking at Cerebral Booster and a datajack, so that leaves me about .5 essence to play with.

What's up with Tailored Pheromones being forbidden?!

Slightly related note, What do I need to run an ARE Virtual Person as a TM? Just Comlink?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Mar 9 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #2

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

A data-lock implanted for seurical acessonly get the touch link echo and bam sucre only you data storage if any one can rip you open to take a look your screwed enough not to care you could enven have sprite on it to whipe it clen as soon as a physical device is linked to it.

+Quote Post
Pat
post Mar 9 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,149

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 9 2010, 06:33 PM) *
Slightly related note, What do I need to run an ARE Virtual Person as a TM? Just Comlink?

Yup, just a commlink as far as I know or better yet, spend a Karma, and buy it as an unrated program converted to a complex form (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
lunavoco
post Mar 9 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Target

QUOTE (Pat @ Mar 9 2010, 05:49 PM) *
Yup, just a commlink as far as I know or better yet, spend a Karma, and buy it as an unrated program converted to a complex form (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

May I assume that's in Unwired? If so, that's permissible by GM say so only for now.

How many BP would 1 karma come out to?

+Quote Post
Pat
post Mar 9 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 18,149

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 9 2010, 05:56 PM) *
May I assume that's in Unwired? If so, that's permissible by GM say so only for now.

How many BP would 1 karma come out to?

If I remember correctly its actually 2 Karma or 1 BP. Using the unwired rules for CFs for no rating programs like smartgun and stuff. But don't quote me until I get home to double check unwired.

+Quote Post
Faraday
post Mar 10 2010, 04:47 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 18,155

Keep in mind that cerebral booster has a rating of up to 3, giving you an awesome +3 logic. If you don't need the logic so much, grab it at rating 1 or 2 and try to make it alpha or betaware as it will reduce to a clean fraction of essence and is pretty cheap to start. Very good essence return on investment.

Aside from that, I would look at a pain editor. .3 essence, 18F, AND 40k for standard, but +1 will/-1 intuition and ignoring the effects of stun damage when active is a BIG DEAL for mages, TMs, and even steet sams.
A trauma damper would be a good alternative. Only .2 essence and 8R, but also 40k. It would reduce any stun damage you take by 1, so you can deal with more fading at a time. Doesn't work with a pain editor though.
The PuSHeD genetic enhancement is pretty awesome in general. Only .1 essence, no legality issues (assuming they can even FIND it), and 15k. It's a straight +1 DP to all logic tests but takes a month to do the procedure.

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Mar 10 2010, 04:54 AM
Post #7

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

I recommend:

Cybereyes with smartlink and other visual pluses of your choice
Cyberears with the same and also encorporate the datajack
Platlet factories are great for staving off drain

If your not planing on going the mesh reality route level 1 wired reflex's will give you more actions per round even in the meat or AR>

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Mar 10 2010, 05:09 AM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 9 2010, 03:33 PM) *
It looks like my technomancer is going to lose a single point of essence to cyber/bio for RP reasons. Now that I have a point to play with, what else can i take to fill in some holes?

I was looking at Cerebral Booster and a datajack, so that leaves me about .5 essence to play with.

Platelet factories(sr4) for .2 essence, and trauma dampener(aug) for another .2

Enhanced pheromone receptors(aug) aren't restricted, like tailored pheromones.

PuSHeD geneware helps with most of your TM-ey-shit. Threading, hacking, EW - all logic linked

Pain Editors are hilarious for a TM, because you basically can't be knocked offline while its on, unless there's black IC involved, due to how their living avatar takes damage.

+Quote Post
Johnny B. Good
post Mar 10 2010, 05:42 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,876

Attention coprocessors man. I'll take all of the perception I can get, especially being a squishy squishy technomancer. Also look at getting a Rigger box in ya, so you get that nifty +2 dice pool for rigging.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Mar 10 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

Sleep Regulator so you can stay awake for hours on end while you probe those higher end nodes.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Mar 10 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

There's lots of great things you can get stuffed in to a single point of essence, but since you're doing this for RP reasons, I won't tempt you with stuff that would be beneficial but not make much sense. (hurr hurr cyberfoot packed with goodies.)

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Mar 10 2010, 06:13 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 9 2010, 09:58 PM) *
There's lots of great things you can get stuffed in to a single point of essence, but since you're doing this for RP reasons, I won't tempt you with stuff that would be beneficial but not make much sense. (hurr hurr cyberfoot packed with goodies.)

Cyberhands cost less.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Mar 10 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

Nanohive and nanites are too awesome. I think everyone else has covered the basics.

- J.

+Quote Post
lunavoco
post Mar 10 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #14

Target

I don't see Head Memory anywhere. How can I get internal, non wireless, storage without resorting to TM echos?

+Quote Post
Brazilian_Shinob...
post Mar 10 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,437

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 10 2010, 10:05 AM) *
I don't see Head Memory anywhere. How can I get internal, non wireless, storage without resorting to TM echos?

You buy the perfect memory quality (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Aerospider
post Mar 10 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #16

Running Target

Member No.: 17,968

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 10 2010, 01:05 PM) *

Any cyberware that doesn't just sit in place (e.g. dermal plating) comes with a computer which has effectively limitless storage. Turn off the wireless and you're done.

Then you have to take care of input/output which is as easy as a datajack, trodes or an external port.

+Quote Post
lunavoco
post Mar 10 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #17

Target

Ok, so I can buy a datajack and call it a day?
Or does datajack count as immobile for this purpose?

+Quote Post
Aerospider
post Mar 10 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #18

Running Target

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 10 2010, 01:52 PM) *
Ok, so I can buy a datajack and call it a day?
Or does datajack count as immobile for this purpose?

Yep, a datajack on it's own will do just fine (sorry, I should have specified that better).

+Quote Post
Ascalaphus
post Mar 10 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #19

Runner

Member No.: 17,814

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 9 2010, 11:33 PM) *

Well, they're meant to sway the innocent public, aren't they? It's somewhat like mind control, the kind of thing that makes Jane Public nervous.

+Quote Post
Aerospider
post Mar 10 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #20

Running Target

QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Mar 10 2010, 01:57 PM) *
Well, they're meant to sway the innocent public, aren't they? It's somewhat like mind control, the kind of thing that makes Jane Public nervous.

The date-rape implications alone might be enough ...

+Quote Post
lunavoco
post Mar 10 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #21

Target

QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Mar 10 2010, 08:57 AM) *

Double sigh. My wife and I have this argument all the time. If some lady rolls up on me with tailored pheremones, she'll quickly realize she wasted alot of money. However, if I ever cross paths with a hotie cult priestess sporting a cerebral booster I'm pretty sure I'd be in a world of trouble.

If datajack has neigh limitless memory then I'll take two just to say that I can store infinityx2! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
Aerospider
post Mar 10 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #22

Running Target

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 10 2010, 02:31 PM) *
Double sigh. My wife and I have this argument all the time. If some lady rolls up on me with tailored pheremones, she'll quickly realize she wasted alot of money. However, if I ever cross paths with a hotie cult priestess sporting a cerebral booster I'm pretty sure I'd be in a world of trouble.

If datajack has neigh limitless memory then I'll take two just to say that I can store infinityx2! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

Could you elaborate? Why don't the pheromones do anything to influence you whilst the cerebral booster (bonus to Logic) is a threat?

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Mar 10 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Truthfully, all cyber, regardless of its function has storage space. The datajack makes sense though for many reasons.

You can get that jack installed in a cyber-hand though, and still have room for a nano-hive in it. There are some awesome options in the nanite section for more cerebral characters.

+Quote Post
lunavoco
post Mar 10 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #24

Target

This is a jab at an argument that my wife and I frequently have. It has nothing to do with SR specifically.

My outlook and beliefs are most easily influenced by a well thought out and reasoned argument, one that coldly reflects reality. I generally view emotional responses as interference. Emotions get in the way of clear thinking by -temporarily- reprioritizing our values in a way that affects decision making and opens us up to regret (bad judgement.) It's rarely (if ever) possible to understand all of the factors in a decision, but if we could I think the same decision should be reached.

My Wife on the other hand reacts from a core of emotion. Frequently she will make a decision and then chage that decision later because she feels (read: has a different reigning emotion) at the moment. Mood has more sway on decision making than reason or facts.

Side stepping the issue of right/wrong or correct/incorrect, both methods have thier dis/advantages.
One of the advantages of my thought process is that I am unlikley to be impressed or swayed by a "pretty face" unless her beauty is somehow relevant to the argument. But as I rarely discuss makeup techniques these days it usually isn't a factor.

It just seems odd that It's ok to give out stat bumping cyber in one category, but not another. I get the whole date rape argument, but shurely there are certainly enough non-nefarious uses for this cyber to warrant a lesser restriction

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Mar 10 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #25

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Tailored pheromones work on a level beyond mental rational. If confronted by a person with them, even the most logical person would have a harder time resisting them.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.