> Access ID's, Dealing with an implanted commlink
iamZebulun
post Mar 14 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,239

We came across this while playing.

We know that a hacker can change their commlink's Access ID permanently by using the hardware test, but if they have an internal commlink, it seems like this isn't exactly an option. So, does a hacker with an implanted 'link just change their Access ID each time they boot with a software test?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Mar 14 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #2

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Yep.

p. 224 SR4A

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Mar 14 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #3

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

You could always install a Spoof Chip into the Comlink prior to implantation... problem solved...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Neowulf
post Mar 14 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,773

Or you get yourself a spoof chip before it's implanted. Then it's changed automatically on a schedule or on a command.
You could set it to spoof every time all external data links are closed, basically whenever you finish doing something.

edit: Bah on the people with faster fingers for typings and replyings...

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Mar 14 2010, 01:55 AM
Post #5

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Neowulf @ Mar 13 2010, 06:49 PM) *
Or you get yourself a spoof chip before it's implanted. Then it's changed automatically on a schedule or on a command.
You could set it to spoof every time all external data links are closed, basically whenever you finish doing something.

edit: Bah on the people with faster fingers for typings and replyings...

It's good to be the k... oh, well, nevermind...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
makari
post Mar 14 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 18,242

I had one player that I let put an internal commlink into a cyberleg since he had touchlink, and we basically said it was a modular type setup where he could pop it out to do upgrades and changes like access id and then reinsert it.

edit: just to clarify, we did say that this was a prolonged process that took I believe we said a simple cyberware roll and an hours work, but I liked how it worked for his char

+Quote Post
iamZebulun
post Mar 14 2010, 03:47 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 18,239

Alright. Thanks for confirming that and providing some alternatives. Being new to the system, I'm not the most well-versed in what's available.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:34 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.