Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Understanding the Matrix, Just got Unwired
lunavoco
post Apr 1 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,241

I got Unwired for Easter and I'm reading through it. as questions pop up, I'll revive this thread.

Unwired 42: Getting the Hookup and Call Me, Baby
Does this mean that without an MSP I can get online to hack things or control drones over the 'trix, but can't send/receive text/video/phone message?

Admittedly, i have not yet finished reading through the book yet, but i find my retention is better if i question it while i read instead of at the end. More questions undoubtedly to follow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Apr 1 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #2

panda!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,242

i guess you can still do so, if you know the other persons access id. But as a access id can be changed, the MSP acts as a nice stable "number" to send it all to.

kinda like how a isp may provide you with a email account, but that account is only really practical as long as you stay with said isp. But a gmail account is independent of any one isp.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 06:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.