Closed TopicStart new topic
> Did FrankTrollman get banned AGAIN?
The Jake
post Apr 13 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 872

If so, why? I didn't see anything in the CGL #5 thread.

- J.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dirkformica
post Apr 13 2010, 03:05 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,288

Officially closed thread in the Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion forum.

As was requested, we're placing one post up as a notice of a Ban from the forums. Frank Trollman, although capable of making many insightful and interesting posts, has violated the Terms of Services far too many times.

"QUOTE (Frank Trollman)
You're one of the exhausting wall-of-texters who went on at incredible length about how the 3rd edition D&D Fighter was balanced as-is against the Wizard, Cleric, and Druid. Why would I forget that? You're one of the reasons I despaired of finding intelligent conversation on EnWorld and stopped reading or posting there.

-Frank"

This is a direct and completely unprovoked shot at another user, and a new one at that. We have given Frank multiple extra chances, extending him from a permanent ban. He was advised at his last warning, in response to religious intolerant posts (ToS#1) , was his last. This ban is now in effect.

+Quote Post
nemafow
post Apr 13 2010, 03:06 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,237

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=913388 was the only reference I found in the 'speculation' thread, not from a mod either.

and

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=30601

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 13 2010, 03:20 AM
Post #4

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Moved because this has nothing to do with SR. And please lets not rehash the issue.

Man, I need a good mod posting color. That orange is yucky.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Apr 13 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #5

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Method @ Apr 12 2010, 11:20 PM) *
Moved because this has nothing to do with SR. And please lets not rehash the issue.

Man, I need a good mod posting color. That orange is yucky.

I liked it. It does, however, not look so good on the grey background. Works better offset against the Black. Try bolding it, helps a bit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

At the very least, it stands out, which was my intent when I started using it a few years back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 13 2010, 03:33 AM
Post #6

Street Doc

Maybe something like this?

Or this

I'm partial to blue... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Banaticus
post Apr 13 2010, 03:47 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,574

The green is a little difficult to read. The blue is nice, though.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Apr 13 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Method - I didn't rehash it. I just asked. I'm sorry if you took offense at that.

Its a shame, I actually found the comment funny and couldn't help but laugh out loud.

And yes, that is a weaksauce reason.

- J.

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 13 2010, 04:24 AM
Post #9

Street Doc

No offense here, Jake. I just wanted to preempt another discussion about "weaksauceness".

(And thanks Banaticus...)

+Quote Post
SinN
post Apr 13 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,237

Holy shit, If i see ONE more thread about Frank Trollman, Im gonna lose it.

Lets face facts y'all, Frank repeatedly broke the rules, knowingly. Even after being told, "One more time, and youre done." To be quite Frank (pun intented) he deserved it. A long time coming if you ask me. He made personal attacks on users of all kinds, new and old. Im glad he's gone, I dont care how "interesting' his posts were. They were ignorent, offensive, and just straight-up trash.

I for one, will not be sad about him gone. Ever.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Apr 13 2010, 05:21 AM
Post #11

Shooting Target

I swear to god hes the Paris Hilton of Dumpshock. No one ever shuts up about him, no matter how stupid or irrelevant it is.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Apr 13 2010, 05:21 AM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

OMG gravedancer.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Apr 13 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Yea your prolly right Doc. I am kinda happy about this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
MindandPen
post Apr 13 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,348

QUOTE (Method @ Apr 12 2010, 10:33 PM) *
Maybe something like this?

Or this

I'm partial to blue... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Your could try something like this:

QUOTE (MindandPen)
Really noticeable "Old School" Color Scheme.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Apr 13 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Amazing. One person asks a question then half the respondents cut sick for someone deigning to ask the question!

- J.

+Quote Post
Fuchs
post Apr 13 2010, 11:04 AM
Post #16

Dragon

Member No.: 8,014

It's not even a clear case of a personal attack.

+Quote Post
Mesh
post Apr 13 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,443

QUOTE (SinN @ Apr 13 2010, 01:12 AM) *

Lets face facts y'all, Frank repeatedly broke the rules, knowingly. Even after being told, "One more time, and youre done." To be quite Frank (pun intented) he deserved it. A long time coming if you ask me. He made personal attacks on users of all kinds, new and old. Im glad he's gone, I dont care how "interesting' his posts were. They were ignorent, offensive, and just straight-up trash.

I for one, will not be sad about him gone. Ever.

Or you could take responsibility for your self and just ignore someone if you find them offensive or don't want to see their posts. Personally, the last thing I want to see in a Shadowrun forum is care bear-iness, but apparently some people need their hands held.

Mesh

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Apr 13 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #18

Man Behind the Curtain

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Mesh @ Apr 13 2010, 06:12 AM) *
Or you could take responsibility for your self and just ignore someone if you find them offensive or don't want to see their posts. Personally, the last thing I want to see in a Shadowrun forum is care bear-iness, but apparently some people need their hands held.
We have a Terms of Service that provide a guide for acceptable behavior. For those people who cannot abide by that simple set of rules, we have disciplinary measures of warnings and suspensions that culminate in a permanent ban. Quite frankly, Frank chose to not only ignore those terms but spit in their face. If you chose to be a member of Dumpshock, you chose to abide by those terms "."

+Quote Post
graywulfe
post Apr 13 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #19

Target

Member No.: 13,723

QUOTE (Mesh @ Apr 13 2010, 07:12 AM) *

Mesh

It is not "care bear-iness" to expect people to act like civilized adults. It is not "care bear-iness" to expect people to treat each other with a modicum of respect. Get over it, being a jerk is no more acceptable on the internet than in the real world. Grow up![/rant] (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post
Heath Robinson
post Apr 13 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 15,736

QUOTE (SinN @ Apr 13 2010, 06:12 AM) *

Why would anyone care whether you "lose it"? I'm puzzled by this. Who are you, and why do you think you are so important that a threat to "lose it" will prevent anyone from doing whatever they want?

I'm almost tempted to make another thread about Frank Trollman just to prove that I'm not beholden to you.

+Quote Post
Mesh
post Apr 13 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,443

QUOTE (graywulfe @ Apr 13 2010, 08:32 AM) *
It is not "care bear-iness" to expect people to act like civilized adults. It is not "care bear-iness" to expect people to treat each other with a modicum of respect. Get over it, being a jerk is no more acceptable on the internet than in the real world. Grow up![/rant] (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I'm not in danger of killing myself because somebody told me I'm a poo-poo head so I'm going to have to stick with my previous comments. I don't need my hand held, and if you claim you're an adult, then take some responsibility for yourself and ignore what you don't want to be exposed to rather than rely on censors to wash away ugliness and everything else close to it so you don't have your feelings crinkled.

Unlike the real world where crying to mommy after getting pushed down on the playground will get you beaten up more frequently, on the internet you can check a box and never see the bully again. What else do you need to feel better about yourself?

+Quote Post
Caine Hazen
post Apr 13 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #22

MechRigger Delux

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 1,657

Again, we're going to close this down before things go insane here... guys let's not open this back up please

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:54 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.