IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Med-Bot E-ghost., Character concept possibility.
Delarn
post Apr 17 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,963

AI - E-Ghost - "Pilot" Origin (2)

Would that fit ?

The Paramedic/Rigger was in a mission using a MCT Medic (Modified Housekeeper). There was a problem while "Driving" around and the body got killed in a jolt. The Rigger got downloaded into the matrix and has been "housed" into the drone.

Can it fit ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Apr 17 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

I would go with the Crash hitting while he was rigging the drone, as that is typically how most E-Ghosts are created.

+Quote Post
Delarn
post Apr 19 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Ok good, so would he be aware of his condition or think he is the drone ?

+Quote Post
Delarn
post Apr 26 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Can a drone body be built with second hand cyberware ?

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Apr 26 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

QUOTE (Delarn @ Apr 18 2010, 08:05 PM) *
Ok good, so would he be aware of his condition or think he is the drone ?

From what I remember, he would kind of remember who he was, and may or may not be fully aware of his condition, but would be very unlikely to think he is a drone in either case.

Drone's can't have cyberware. If you mean take a base body and put enough cyberware in it to drop it below 0 essence and then rig it.. don't think that would work, as bodies can't be rigged. I've heard older editions had a 'ware that let a body be rigged, but I don't think it has come up in 4e yet.

Also, don't know that an e-ghost can have a pilot origin, since e-ghost means it was originally a metahuman and pilot origin means it was originally a piloting program.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Apr 26 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

QUOTE (Delarn @ Apr 25 2010, 07:41 PM) *

If it's an anthroform or otherwise has Mechanical Arms, yes. Arsenal p. 139.

+Quote Post
Delarn
post Apr 26 2010, 01:14 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Karoline @ Apr 25 2010, 07:48 PM) *
Drone's can't have cyberware. If you mean take a base body and put enough cyberware in it to drop it below 0 essence and then rig it.. don't think that would work, as bodies can't be rigged. I've heard older editions had a 'ware that let a body be rigged, but I don't think it has come up in 4e yet.

Also, don't know that an e-ghost can have a pilot origin, since e-ghost means it was originally a metahuman and pilot origin means it was originally a piloting program.

The background made him rig while he get uploaded into the matrix. So that's why I ask if the quality is possible with it.

QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Apr 25 2010, 08:04 PM) *
If it's an anthroform or otherwise has Mechanical Arms, yes. Arsenal p. 139.

Ok ... so a Renraku Manservant variation (MCT housekeeper) would be able to get modified with Cyberware arms.

What if a fuel tank (IE Batteries) get installed into a cybertorso. All cyber members are attached to it ???

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Apr 26 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Well, he'd treat his Mechanical Arms as if they were cybelrimbs, so you could cram them with cyberlimb accessories or other things that eat up Capacity instead of Essence (at the GM's discretion, though I see no reason why not).

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Apr 26 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #9

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Delarn @ Apr 25 2010, 08:14 PM) *
The background made him rig while he get uploaded into the matrix. So that's why I ask if the quality is possible with it.

Well, I mean if your GM allows it, but like I said, pilot origin is specifically stated as being a program that was originally a pilot program that 'evolved' in to AI status. A rigger is not a program, and does not even interact with the pilot program in any way while rigging. So, I mean if you really want to and your GM allows it, but it doesn't seem like it would work out. However I suppose you're coming more from the 'is really good at rigging' angle than the 'used to be a pilot program' one. So yeah, actually I could see that working. Yeah, I'd likely OK it if it was me.

Ok ... so a Renraku Manservant variation (MCT housekeeper) would be able to get modified with Cyberware arms.

What if a fuel tank (IE Batteries) get installed into a cybertorso. All cyber members are attached to it ???

Not quite. It wouldn't be modified with cyberware arms, it would be able to get things that could go in cyberware arms. And I suppose if you think about it, there isn't any reason (if in a humanoid drone) you couldn't get things that go in cybertorso, cyberhead, and cyberlegs as well. Personally I'd run it as if your drone had two cyberarms, two cyberlegs, a cybertorso, and a cyberskull, obvious or synthetic based on if the drone looks like a drone or is supposed to blend in.

Not sure what you mean about the cyber members being attached to your fuel tank. The drone as a whole has a set operation time, there is no 'his left arm ran out of power' or anything like that.

+Quote Post
Godwyn
post Apr 26 2010, 03:38 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,838

QUOTE (Karoline @ Apr 26 2010, 01:48 AM) *

You can essentially do the same thing with an implanted commlink/datajack and skillwires. While you need to run the skill programs instead of regular ones, and the body actually has stats instead of simply a pilot rating, it works decently well ruleswise.

+Quote Post
Delarn
post Apr 26 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

The concept got rejected but I'm building it for fun. Yeah my GM hates my concepts because I know how to build my character so that a 400bp character is actually better than a 500BP character (From the other players). And he says it's not normal.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Apr 26 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #12

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Delarn @ Apr 26 2010, 09:22 AM) *
The concept got rejected but I'm building it for fun. Yeah my GM hates my concepts because I know how to build my character so that a 400bp character is actually better than a 500BP character (From the other players). And he says it's not normal.

You're on DS, that's totally normal.

You can essentially do the same thing with an implanted commlink/datajack and skillwires. While you need to run the skill programs instead of regular ones, and the body actually has stats instead of simply a pilot rating, it works decently well ruleswise.

Only thing is that I don't know that skillwires would be able to operate on a corpse. They help adjust how you move your muscles, they don't entirely move them for you. I mean you could make a case for it, sure, but its a tossup as to if it actually works since the book doesn't make any sort of mention of it.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Apr 26 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #13

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Delarn @ Apr 26 2010, 07:22 AM) *

I've always found it more cool when someone makes a more 'normal' character who does their job really well, rather than relying on oddball concepts to do the same thing. If you create a Human Street Samurai who kicks everyone's ass, that's way more awesome than a Fomori Ghoul Street Samurai with Genetic Heritage (Synaptic Booster 3) or whatever other oddities you wanna throw in there who does the same thing.

+Quote Post
Delarn
post Apr 26 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (Karoline @ Apr 26 2010, 09:38 AM) *
Only thing is that I don't know that skillwires would be able to operate on a corpse. They help adjust how you move your muscles, they don't entirely move them for you. I mean you could make a case for it, sure, but its a tossup as to if it actually works since the book doesn't make any sort of mention of it.

If you build a body with full cyberware (second hand). Legs, arms, head, torso. You install a move by wire (still second hand) and so on. In theory there is no brain and no internal organs. In the head you install a commlink(armored nexus). You then install a simrig linked into the move by wire. You install energy means. You buy the body, agility and strength. So in the internal emptiness of the skull you install everything you need to see and ear and so one. In the torso you install batteries and a way to charge it. So the body looks like a termi more than an actual drone.

+Quote Post
Delarn
post Apr 26 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Apr 26 2010, 10:01 AM) *
I've always found it more cool when someone makes a more 'normal' character who does their job really well, rather than relying on oddball concepts to do the same thing. If you create a Human Street Samurai who kicks everyone's ass, that's way more awesome than a Fomori Ghoul Street Samurai with Genetic Heritage (Synaptic Booster 3) or whatever other oddities you wanna throw in there who does the same thing.

Actually it has gone the other way around. I'm building a Fomori mage that will have a series of spells that is self centered.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Apr 26 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #16

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Karoline @ Apr 26 2010, 01:48 AM) *

E-ghosts believe to have been humans whose conciousness was trapped online, but there's also the theory that they are seperate entities which "picked up" a few memories and traits of a feedback victim during their birth. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

So one could just say the AI is a pilot program which became sentient during the crash and incorporated part of the rigger's personality...or vice versa, the rigger's mind was uploaded into the matrix and somehow merged with the pilot prog of the drone he was using at that moment.

+Quote Post
Manunancy
post Apr 26 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,940

QUOTE (Delarn @ Apr 26 2010, 04:06 PM) *
You install a move by wire (still second hand) and so on.

that wouldn't work - by design the move-by-wire requires a living brain and nerve system to operate. It might be possible to keep enough 'life' into a brain-dead and soulles carcass to have it somewhat functional, but that's likely to require cybermancy. Which would make maintenance a real problem.

You'd better use a monkey-based bio-drone, even if it bring it's own share of troubles.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:34 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.