Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Complex Form list
Banaticus
post Apr 20 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,574

Where can I find a list of all the Complex Forms?
p239 SR4A says that for every program, there's a complex form, so a list of programs would be the same as a list of complex forms.
p136 Un says that non-rated programs, such as AR environment software may also be mimicked and Simrig and Smartlink are given as examples.
Analyze, SR4A p232
Armor, SR4A p233
--Biofeedback Filter, SR4A p233-- Technomancers get this for free, at the same rating that their Charisma is. They cannot buy this in addition.
Black Hammer, SR4A p233
Blackout, SR4A p233
Browse, SR4A p232
Command, SR4A p232
Corrupt, Un p111
Data Bomb, SR4A p233
Decrypt, SR4A p233
Defuse, SR4A p233
Disarm, Un p111
ECCM, SR4A p233
Edit, SR4A p233
Encrypt, SR4A p233
Exploit, SR4A p233
Medic, SR4A p233
Nuke, Un p111
Purge, Un p111
Reality Filter, SR4A p233
Scan, SR4A p233
Shield, Un p136
Simrig, Un p136
Smartlink, Un p136
Sniffer, SR4A p234
Spoof, SR4A p234
Stealth, SR4A p234
Track, SR4A p234

Then there are all the options, starting on p114 Un, that could modify a program which p136 Un says can be applied to complex forms as well. The software suites starting on p128 Un are great for giving ideas for what you might want sprites doing (running multiple programs at the same time).

So, what programs am I missing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Apr 20 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

Nuke is missing.

Also, TMs cannot take Biofeedback Filter as a complex form, they have a natural filter based on their... Charisma I think? AFB.

+Quote Post
Nows7
post Apr 20 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 16,985

Sheild

Edit: Disregard. I should wait atleast five minutes after waking up before posting.

+Quote Post
Banaticus
post Apr 20 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Apr 20 2010, 09:19 AM) *
Nuke is missing.

Ah, thanks -- I also listed the other programs on p111 in Unwired. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Apr 20 2010, 09:19 AM) *
Also, TMs cannot take Biofeedback Filter as a complex form, they have a natural filter based on their... Charisma I think? AFB.

You're right. The Natural Hardening quality had mentioned "a Biofeedback Filter program or complex form" but then under the program itself it says that technomancers get it for free. So I guess instead of Willpower + Biofeedback Filter rating, technomancers roll Willpower + Charisma (which is what their natural biofeedback filter is based on)?

Oh, technomancers can run programs just like any other character while using their own complex forms, would this give them more biofeedback protection?

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Apr 20 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

I think Biofeedback Filter is one that cannot be threaded to improve as it is not truly a complex form, but like a derived attribute.

Short of raising one's Charisma, there's the NeuroFilter echo that raises the rating of Biofeedback Filter by 1; purchasable up to 3 times. The echo itself actually calls Biofeedback Filter part of the TM's living persona, as well.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Apr 20 2010, 06:40 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

So sayeth the book of Anniversary, p. 233:

Technomancers have an inherent Biofeedback Filter complex form equal to their Charisma, and so cannot take this as a complex form.

No complex form, no threading. The feedback filter is simply part of the biologic persona, and those stats can only be upgraded by raising your attributes or taking echoes.

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Apr 20 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

Or qualities, the Natural Hardening quality still raises it by 1.

+Quote Post
Banaticus
post Apr 20 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 20 2010, 11:40 AM) *
No complex form, no threading. The feedback filter is simply part of the biologic persona, and those stats can only be upgraded by raising your attributes or taking echoes.

No, you didn't understand, I was talking about a technomancer running the actual biofeedback filter program in conjunction with their normal complex form hacking activities. While there is no technomancer complex form version of that program, technomancers can use regular programs if they wish.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Apr 20 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Banaticus @ Apr 20 2010, 07:49 PM) *
No, you didn't understand, I was talking about a technomancer running the actual biofeedback filter program in conjunction with their normal complex form hacking activities. While there is no technomancer complex form version of that program, technomancers can use regular programs if they wish.

Technomancers can use regular programs on a commlink, but not inside their biological node (which does not even have storage memory).

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Apr 20 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

QUOTE (Banaticus @ Apr 20 2010, 09:16 AM) *
p136 Un says that non-rated programs, such as AR environment software may also be mimicked and Simrig and Smartlink are given as examples.

Huh. Does this mean a TM can get a CF version of the Reality Amps(unw 188). Focus in particular would be rather useful for getting rid of Distraction penalties.

Also, Tactical AR Software(Unw 124). TM's make great Centralized Tacnets - and a nonhuman TM with the Simrig CF can sustain an R2 tacnet just by themselves.(elves/dwarvs/orks/trolls all get either thermal or low-light, which adds to the 3 from simrig, for four total before any additional hardware. Quite useful, and rather cheap on the karma too.)

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Apr 20 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 20 2010, 12:00 PM) *
Technomancers can use regular programs on a commlink, but not inside their biological node (which does not even have storage memory).

Why not? Otaku-style decking (with a Datajack Slaved to your Biological Node) ought to fix that just fine. You can get wifi enabled storage space off of a Fingernail Data storage in arsenal for no essence, too - I don't see why a biological node could't run programs if you can get them on it(It has System, Response, Firewall - all the necessary bits right there.)

+Quote Post
D2F
post Apr 20 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,001

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Apr 20 2010, 10:18 PM) *
Huh. Does this mean a TM can get a CF version of the Reality Amps(unw 188). Focus in particular would be rather useful for getting rid of Distraction penalties.

Also, Tactical AR Software(Unw 124). TM's make great Centralized Tacnets - and a nonhuman TM with the Simrig CF can sustain an R2 tacnet just by themselves.(elves/dwarvs/orks/trolls all get either thermal or low-light, which adds to the 3 from simrig, for four total before any additional hardware. Quite useful, and rather cheap on the karma too.)

Yes and Yes. Keep in mind though, that you don't always get all three senses counted towards yout TacNet contribution. Only if they provide information that is relevant to the current situation.

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Apr 20 2010, 10:22 PM) *
I don't see why a biological node could't run programs if you can get them on it(It has System, Response, Firewall - all the necessary bits right there.)

Because they can't:

QUOTE (p.135 Unwired(emphasis added))
Unlike peripherals, standard nodes, and nexi (Nodes, p. 55), biological nodes are not “places of the Matrix” with addresses and access ID numbers, and can neither run programs nor store data.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:34 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.