IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Henry M. Campaign, (aka Amnesia II Campaign)
COLTOR
post May 2 2010, 01:06 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: New Member Probation
Member No.: 18,535

**I KNOW SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE ON THIS FORUM...IF YOU'RE A PLAYER FOR THIS CAMPAIGN, I ENCOURAGE YOU TO NOT READ FURTHER**

So I'm about to start a campaign based on the concept: what if every character had the Amnesia quality at level 2?

Everyone makes a character, I collect them all and decide who is playing which character and hold onto the character sheets (except for a list of gear that I decide is likely for them to have)

I know my players are going to talk to each other about their character concepts and whatnot, so I'm gonna collect character sheets, then give each character some quality or quirk that the players wont know about at first. Another advantage is that I can keep "combat monsters" capped in some way.

At first, I'll be running this one-on-one, but later the PCs will meet each other and we'll have group dynamics.

A few ideas for quirks I had:

1) Have 2 players use identical characters. In their past, someone created a clone of themselves. Thus, one character "owns" another, but there's no way to prove which is which. (I'm hoping for this character to be able to do some combo move with their clone or something...however when they're seen together, most people in society view it shocking or distasteful)

2) Coma! Every time I start a new session with a player, it begins the exact same way (with the same description of environment, etc.) Playing eventually reveals that someone in the character's past double-crossed her and caused her to be in some kind of severe danger (the thing that causes the coma). When the player realizes this, they wake up from the coma and the person who backstabbed them is in there in the hospital/safehouse with them. However, they wont have most of their gear on their person when they wake up! I'm considering adding a creepy/horror theme to the coma-world...possibly even some lucid dreaming-like effects...

3) Addiction. The character will have all the symptoms of a physical addiction, but they wont know what they're addicted to! There may be negative effects of having an addiction and being under the influence of something else...

4) SURGE. I've really wanted to see someone role-play the experience of SURGE qualities appearing over time. SURGE is triggered by stress...and what better stress than having amnesia?

5) Big Regret, Evil Twin, Flashbacks, Liar, etc. ...basically negative qualities from Runners Companion or the other books that are interesting when combined with amnesia.

6) Someone has to make a mage/adept. C'mon...how cool would it be like..."oh shit I'm about to get killed :O holy crap he just caught on fire!!!

The way I ruled for character creation is that players get the bonus 25BP from Amnesia II, but those 25 don't count towards their total negative qualities (making it basically a 425BP campaign)...however, with the negative things I'll add later, it should balance out nicely looking something like a 415 campaign.

But I didn't come here to just tell you all my ideas...I'd like your ideas for backstories, quirks, tips, anything you might be able to contribute to this campaign...

This post has been edited by COLTOR: May 2 2010, 01:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caine Hazen
post May 2 2010, 04:11 AM
Post #2

MechRigger Delux

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 1,657

moved this on over since it doesn't directly relate to the MIssions campaign

+Quote Post
Rand
post May 2 2010, 05:24 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,100

I have used something similar in the beginnings of other games (like Dark Sun, where I had some of the characters not remembering how they got there) and have looked into it with SR. Mostly, I would go with the level 1, but if the entire group was willing to put themselves into my hands (Muahahahahahaha...*cough*cough*...sorry) then I could do level 2. Only:

I would use the Karma system from RC with them being 1000 - 1200 karma characters. (Hey! They will have character "growth" as they learn what it is they can do.) Of course, their backgrounds would have to be tied together in some - not silly or too tentative - way.

Heck, back in 3e I ran a character based off the main character in the old TV show, John Doe. Very cool; even with no specific knowledge of something he was rolling around 12 dice to see if he "knew" about it - but only technical and somehow compiled data, not: "did Steve wear his blue underwear on monday the 8th of sept. 10 years ago?" stuff. But he didn't know a damn thing about his own past. I really liked that show and the character.

I like this type of campaign, but I like any campaign that isn't about the typical, "we get paid to be petty, and not-so-petty, criminals for no other reason than we want the money" campaign. (I don't like the basic premis of SR, just the setting and "guts" of the game.)

+Quote Post
Banaticus
post May 2 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,574

QUOTE (COLTOR @ May 1 2010, 05:06 PM) *
(I'm hoping for this character to be able to do some combo move with their clone or something...however when they're seen together, most people in society view it shocking or distasteful)

Do most people in your world find identical twins shocking or distasteful?

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post May 2 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Banaticus @ May 2 2010, 12:04 AM) *
Do most people in your world find identical twins shocking or distasteful?

I was wondering the same thing myself...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
COLTOR
post May 5 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #6

Target

Group: New Member Probation
Member No.: 18,535

good point...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:09 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.