Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The iPad and Some Pictures, Today's Game in Pics
Freejack
post May 10 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,709

Thought I'd throw up some pictures of today's game.

http://shadowrun.us/20100509/photo-0.jpg

Backpack in the trunk, the tube holds the map, and the Shadowrun screen which converts into a carrying case.

http://shadowrun.us/20100509/photo-2.jpg

During the game. Three iPads. Two in the center with a map of New York and the third showing the Brooklyn Bridge. The Chessex map under with lots of notes.

http://shadowrun.us/20100509/photo-3.jpg

The group says "Hi!"

Carl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TomDowd
post May 10 2010, 01:10 AM
Post #2

Shadowrun Co-Creator

Member No.: 15,644

I love - and hate - you.

TomD

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post May 10 2010, 01:22 AM
Post #3

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (TomDowd @ May 9 2010, 06:10 PM) *
I love - and hate - you.

TomD

Seconded...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Cardul
post May 10 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,006

Freejack...how well does the IPad do CGL's layered PDFs? And does it utilize their PDF bookmarks?

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post May 10 2010, 02:01 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Pretty neat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Freejack
post May 10 2010, 02:13 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (Cardul @ May 9 2010, 06:58 PM) *
Freejack...how well does the IPad do CGL's layered PDFs? And does it utilize their PDF bookmarks?

First off I'm using Goodreader, a very good PDF reader. So it's really a function of the app I'm using. Goodreader renders the PDFs (CGL's and the others I have; Hollow Earth, Deadlands, All Flesh) quite well. They're very readable and Goodreader scans through quickly. Goodreader also use the Bookmarks that are in place and stores bookmarks.

I also have Goodreader on my iPhone (which is how I took the pictures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) and PDFs work quite well on it as well.

Carl

+Quote Post
Redcrow
post May 10 2010, 02:38 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,742

I recently bought a HDTV that I can hook my laptop to. I use it as a screen extension so I can keep things on the laptop that I don't necessarily want the players to see and just slide things over to the HDTV screen that I do want them to see.

+Quote Post
Freejack
post May 10 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Redcrow @ May 9 2010, 08:38 PM) *
I recently bought a HDTV that I can hook my laptop to. I use it as a screen extension so I can keep things on the laptop that I don't necessarily want the players to see and just slide things over to the HDTV screen that I do want them to see.

See the motorcycle? That's how I get to my games. Not much room for a TV, HD or otherwise (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I also have a laptop for managing the game though, let's see. Oh, here it is:

http://shadowrun.us/20080525/0525081557-800.jpg

Carl

+Quote Post
Redcrow
post May 10 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,742

QUOTE (Freejack @ May 10 2010, 02:43 AM) *

So, I'm guessing you stand-up behind the GM screen and that is why its at that odd angle?

You have a nice and fairly well organized setup there, but personally I hate using any sort of GM screen. Even back in the 80's (yes, I'm an old timer) before the age of laptops, I hated using them.

+Quote Post
nemafow
post May 10 2010, 06:28 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,237

Yes I agree, you have a nifty little setup there

+Quote Post
Garou
post May 10 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,955

Gosh, i friggin love and hate you as well.

+Quote Post
Freejack
post May 10 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

QUOTE (Redcrow @ May 9 2010, 10:52 PM) *
So, I'm guessing you stand-up behind the GM screen and that is why its at that odd angle?

You have a nice and fairly well organized setup there, but personally I hate using any sort of GM screen. Even back in the 80's (yes, I'm an old timer) before the age of laptops, I hated using them.

That's ok. I don't like the ones provided by companies. I've been making my own since the 70's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) and I was using a Toshiba 1100+ in the 80's for D&D (I think I got it in 87).

I like being able to see the table without getting in the way so I stand. I've sat in the past and played in games with all three types of gm's. The last game I played in the gm only had dice and the scenario and sat at the table like the rest of us. He did it very well but we always knew what was happening. I'll roll dice to keep the players from jacking their alert level up in response to the dice rolling.

But that's just the way I run my games. Everyone's different (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Carl

+Quote Post
Shinobi Killfist
post May 10 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 5,872

QUOTE (Freejack @ May 9 2010, 10:13 PM) *
First off I'm using Goodreader, a very good PDF reader. So it's really a function of the app I'm using. Goodreader renders the PDFs (CGL's and the others I have; Hollow Earth, Deadlands, All Flesh) quite well. They're very readable and Goodreader scans through quickly. Goodreader also use the Bookmarks that are in place and stores bookmarks.

I also have Goodreader on my iPhone (which is how I took the pictures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) and PDFs work quite well on it as well.

Carl

Goodreader is an awesome app for my iphone. Why do you have to tempt me with a large ipad purchase, fiend....

awesome set up by the way, the 3 ipads add an awesome layer to this. Our current deadlands GM shows up with awesome photos from the time period and things that can pass for the time period, but I got to think an ipad would make that a hell of a lot easier.

+Quote Post
kjones
post May 10 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,163

This setup is sexy and I want to hump it.

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post May 11 2010, 08:09 AM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

O_O

+Quote Post
PaulK
post May 11 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 8,138

I think kjones just rolled by in the TMI truck... Waaayyyy Too Much Information! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
kjones
post May 11 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,163

Ah, I'm just bitter because I shelled out the big bucks for the "official" SR GM screen, before I learned about SR4A... so I have a whole bunch of tables at my fingertips, most of which are wrong.

Actually, it would be better if they were all wrong - then I would know not to pay any attention. Right now I just confuse myself all the time.

+Quote Post
Freejack
post May 11 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Yea, that's why I use the laptop. I have three wikis installed. Shadowrun (tables and such), Denver Missions, and New York Missions. Add in the computerized cheat sheets and it works pretty well. When I need digitized voices, the Mac provides (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Carl

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:48 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.