Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crash Insanity?, Rules Check
AKWeaponsSpecial...
post May 15 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,683

Well, my BBB has gone missing (ALWAYS just when I need it), and I had an idea that could truly ruin someone's day. Put no warhead on a Heimdall missile drone, and have it posessed by a Force 6 Air Spirit. Sure, the Heimdall only has 1 body, but 3000 base speed then becomes 18,000 meters/turn. Could someone help me calculate the damage output this would have should it strike a target before hits?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post May 15 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #2

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

There is no benefit by RAW: The base speed before movement is already off the chart.

+Quote Post
Teulisch
post May 15 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,965

a plain kinetic strike missile? well, ramming damage tops at bodyx3 for the book. so your looking at a DV 3 plus hits on reaction+skill.

for increasing the DV for high speed though, i would think it needs to be somewhat higher, but im not sure how to scale it. in this instance, i would say it may be more simplistic to scale the DV up to match the force of the spirit in question.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post May 15 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

I can't help but think you'd get more use out of an F6 air spirit by having it go attach whatever then having it use movement on kinetic missiles.

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post May 15 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

The more threads I see the more i'm confinced the movement power just wasn't thought through very well at all. It's poorly explained, poorly implimented and poorly balanced, one step closer to high fantasy for shadowrun.

+Quote Post
Banaticus
post May 15 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,574

That boosted missile would be going about Mach 17, which is darn fast, faster than anything else on earth right now, several thousand miles an hour faster than anything else on earth right now. That's basically a small nuke. It would be spirit abuse as well.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post May 15 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

QUOTE (Banaticus @ May 15 2010, 01:56 PM) *
That boosted missile would be going about Mach 17

Which I'm willing to bet is faster than the missile is structurally able to handle. It would quite likely either melt or disintegrate at that kind of speed.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post May 15 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

yes it would be destroyed by that speed. Unless it is designed with atmospheric reentry capability it would burn up in short time.

It would not be like a small nuke. At MOST it would be a MOAB at say equivalent to 50 tons of TNT.

Note: nukes are measured in thousands of tons of TNT for the tiny ones.

+Quote Post
Deadmannumberone
post May 17 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,974

Real life physics says it would be instakill for several hundred meters from the point of impact (the drone likely weighs 2-10 kg and is moving 6,000 m/s). RAW says it would be 3P damage to the target struck. Persnally, I'd give it 30P to the one target for the sake of game balance (there are much better ways to burn a use of a F6 air spirit).

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post May 18 2010, 12:44 AM
Post #10

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Daylen @ May 15 2010, 01:37 PM) *
yes it would be destroyed by that speed. Unless it is designed with atmospheric reentry capability it would burn up in short time.

It would not be like a small nuke. At MOST it would be a MOAB at say equivalent to 50 tons of TNT.

Note: nukes are measured in thousands of tons of TNT for the tiny ones.

Where is everyone getting blast data for the MOAB... I have seen people touting some pretty irrational blast yields for this device... it has a blast yield of 11 Tons of TNT... not 50+ like some have been claiming over the last several weeks... even the Russina "Father of all Bombs" had an estimated Yield of only 44 Tons...

Just Sayin'

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Daylen
post May 18 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

I haven't heard any wacky yields, but wouldn't be surprised by people thinking a MOAB is like a mini nuke.

For what I said:

50 Tons of TNT was a rough estimate of the upper yield the drone could have (uncertainties being weight).

I said MOAB because that was the closest conventional bomb I could think of. I forgot about the Russian's bomb and I haven't seen any really good data on the true yield of it anyway.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post May 18 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #12

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Daylen @ May 17 2010, 06:53 PM) *
I haven't heard any wacky yields, but wouldn't be surprised by people thinking a MOAB is like a mini nuke.

For what I said:

50 Tons of TNT was a rough estimate of the upper yield the drone could have (uncertainties being weight).

I said MOAB because that was the closest conventional bomb I could think of. I forgot about the Russian's bomb and I haven't seen any really good data on the true yield of it anyway.

No accurate Data on the Russian FOAB that I am aware of, other than it was reported to have a yield of about 4x the MOAB...
If I remember Correctly, there were several MOAB type bombs deployed in the Original Gulf War in 91, used to destroy several Bunker Complexes under the desert floor...

From what I know of the MOAB, it is a very impressive piece of work...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.