Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are there rules for followers?
vanillared
post May 18 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,559

I am making a character that is a leader of a small gang and I thought it would be really neat to flesh out some of the gang members. Looking at it though I am not sure if the rules for contacts would be appropriate. Any have thoughts on how to make followers/gang members work in the rules as is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post May 18 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

Well, it would propbably be a group contact (see Runners Companion). Loyalty 4-6, connection 1 to 3. I'd probably put most resources at very low level or non existant.

You can then flesh out the gangers individually, or groups such as Bob, Joe and Mack have the same stats, while Harry, Larry, and Mary have another set of stats. Jimmy is the technomancer, and Kim is the mage.

+Quote Post
Catadmin
post May 18 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,299

My SR2 book is buried, but ISTR that either it or SR1 actually had rules for followers.

I could be thinking of Champions, though, as I also played that game regularly around the same time frame. If I'm wrong about SR having the rules, check out Champions. I'm pretty sure the Followers rules are straight forward enough to be adapted easily into SR.

+Quote Post
Drace
post May 18 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,936

You could also adapt the gang rules from sr3 companion for it.

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post May 18 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 15,648

QUOTE (Catadmin @ May 18 2010, 06:02 PM) *
My SR2 book is buried, but ISTR that either it or SR1 actually had rules for followers.

Yes, SR2 had rules both for gangs and followers.

In SR4, i'd just use a group contact, it's one of the things they are there for.

+Quote Post
vanillared
post May 19 2010, 02:35 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 14,559

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ May 18 2010, 11:46 AM) *
Well, it would propbably be a group contact (see Runners Companion). Loyalty 4-6, connection 1 to 3. I'd probably put most resources at very low level or non existant.

You can then flesh out the gangers individually, or groups such as Bob, Joe and Mack have the same stats, while Harry, Larry, and Mary have another set of stats. Jimmy is the technomancer, and Kim is the mage.

Thanks Warlordtheft, this is perfect for fleshing out a gang. Now Marky Poppins and his/her Tea Party gang bring protection and terror to the people of Seattle.

+Quote Post
Banaticus
post May 19 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,574

I think Runner's Companion is the book with group contacts, including how much extra it adds depending on how big the group is.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:47 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.