Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Run to end all runs?, Whats yours?
Nerdynick
post May 30 2010, 03:30 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,053

I just finished watching a string of really good movies with my friends that made me think: What would be the run to end all runs? So, I pose that question to the forums and hope for some entertaining responses and maybe a few ideas for me to snatch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post May 30 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

Hijack the moon!

+Quote Post
Thanee
post May 30 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #3

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Erm... carry the One Ring to Mount Doom?

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post May 30 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

My players want to steal a self feeding univseral constructor. This may get intoa be carefull what you wish for run.

If the current campaign stays on track storyline wise (the players continue to work with the NPC's as I'd expect and succeed at objectives) my projected final run for the campaign I'm currently running is to have them steal a brain dead adult dragon, ressurect the AI mirage and turn the corpse into a biological resonance capable home node. The details are still formulating as the mission itself is likely six months out real time.

+Quote Post
Teulisch
post May 30 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,965

i ran an interesting plot arc a while back. It began slowly- a rat brought a datachip to a rat shaman, they retrieved a cryogenioc suitcase of bioware from a lab that turned out to be a living girl- and they gave her to azttechnology. (and let aztech put cranial bomb in 2 of them).

the data chip was linked to the shaman's pre-crash corporate life, and led to an underground facility. when they investigated they found that within this abandoned dark place, matrix icons walked the halls. the only thing they dared send in was a drone and set of signal repeaters. They eventually rescued the girl once she managed to send a message asking for help- she was a powerful technomancer.

at the end, i gave them a choice to change the world. let the technomancer do something to the metaplane of the matrix, make hacking more powerful, remove the essence cost for cyberware. they decided not to allow the world to change. oh well.

+Quote Post
Catadmin
post May 30 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,299

Being totally vague and without details...

Do a job that starts a war between metahumanity and the dragons.

After that, there wouldn't be much of a world left to run in, so "the run to end all runs." Yes? @=)

(running away and hiding now).

+Quote Post
Daylen
post May 30 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

Turn the Luna into a Peace Moon. http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0407.html

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post May 30 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #8

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

QUOTE (Catadmin @ May 30 2010, 05:05 PM) *
Being totally vague and without details...

Do a job that starts a war between metahumanity and the dragons.

After that, there wouldn't be much of a world left to run in, so "the run to end all runs." Yes? @=)

(running away and hiding now).

cue argument over how to take down dragons.
if you know where they are, fuck it and drop a small nuke on them.

+Quote Post
Catadmin
post May 30 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,299

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 30 2010, 10:22 AM) *
cue argument over how to take down dragons.

Hey, notice my "not much left of a world in which to do runs" comment? I was assuming the dragons won. @=)

But the nuke option might actually work. If someone didn't mysteriously disarm them before they went off and then fail to take credit for it.

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post May 30 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

I hate it when that happens. You've spent all that time and money to get your own lovely thermonuclear device, and....... it's a dud. GRRR. Makes me want to go.... nuke something.

+Quote Post
Nerdynick
post May 30 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,053

Well, to contribute some of my own material, I've had a campaign concept in the depths of my hard drive for some time now where SK manages to get the upper hand and one of the other megas is down on it's luck (and bank account). SK buys out the company, making it effectively the most powerful organization in the world, and proceeds to earn exhorbent amounts of money, using it to progressively take over 5 of the Big Ten. The other 5 ally temporarily to take down SK and essentially WWIII is started. The PCs are in the middle of all this and carry out key operations. The campaign would conclude with them assassinating Lofwyr and taking down SK.

Yes, I know this screws the world to hell and back and back to hell again.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post May 30 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

Like to pit my players against a true well thought out and plotted Zero Zone. Then help them roll up new characters. (insert smug grin here)

+Quote Post
Doc Byte
post May 30 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,168

All you need is a mid-sized asteroid hitting earth wherever you please. Did work out with the dinosaurs and will do the same with the dragons. Plus, I guess there won't be any further runs as well.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post May 30 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 30 2010, 09:49 AM) *
Like to pit my players against a true well thought out and plotted Zero Zone. Then help them roll up new characters. (insert smug grin here)

The zero zone we were just in was brutal... had half the team buring Edge to allow them to be dragged out of the rubble... it was way brutal indeed... But man, it was a lot of fun...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Daylen
post May 30 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #15

Running Target

QUOTE (Doc Byte @ May 30 2010, 05:52 PM) *
All you need is a mid-sized asteroid hitting earth wherever you please. Did work out with the dinosaurs and will do the same with the dragons. Plus, I guess there won't be any further runs as well.

or it would become a strange SpaceRun with colony ships big enough and with enough living things in them for dragons to venture into space and find a new planet. I assume dragons would cement their control over the world and build such vessels before an asteroid could hit and once onboard have humans as slaves.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post May 31 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #16

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ May 30 2010, 11:04 AM) *
The zero zone we were just in was brutal... had half the team buring Edge to allow them to be dragged out of the rubble... it was way brutal indeed... But man, it was a lot of fun...

Keep the Faith

...?

I live out of Z-Zones. Of course, having like a 16 magic and a slew of spirit abilities helps, I guess.

+Quote Post
merashin
post May 31 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,295

i'm having my players face off against a reawakening of chicago and then some in terms of spirits, with the help of some immortal elf lightbringers who have been fighting against insect spirits for a very long time. This is veering very far off from cannon, but it seems awesome to me and my players.

+Quote Post
Red-ROM
post May 31 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,787

I'm thinking about a campaign with Satan. But what is Satan in SR? Super powerfull free spirit? One lingering Horror? a very bitter and immortal elf named Lucifer?

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post May 31 2010, 03:28 PM
Post #19

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Neraph @ May 31 2010, 01:40 AM) *
...?

I live out of Z-Zones. Of course, having like a 16 magic and a slew of spirit abilities helps, I guess.

16 Magic Huh? Well, Okay...

And a Z-Zone for Lifestyles is not the same thing as a Zero (Survivability) Zone that a Corp uses for its most clandestine, most secure research facilities...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Daylen
post May 31 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #20

Running Target

QUOTE (Red-ROM @ May 31 2010, 03:40 PM) *
I'm thinking about a campaign with Satan. But what is Satan in SR? Super powerfull free spirit? One lingering Horror? a very bitter and immortal elf named Lucifer?

none of the above! Lucifer is a Passion!

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Jun 1 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #21

Runner

Member No.: 17,234

And this is why the earthdawn-shadowrun link is stupid it forces everything in all of creation to conform to the ED worldvie and shackles the game forevermore to said worldview.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Jun 1 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #22

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jun 1 2010, 02:27 AM) *
And this is why the earthdawn-shadowrun link is stupid it forces everything in all of creation to conform to the ED worldvie and shackles the game forevermore to said worldview.

I like the Shadowrun Earthdawn link. I actually think it's cool.
But then I also think that Ghost Walker is Dunkelzhan is MountainShadow

But that's just me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 1 2010, 07:18 AM
Post #23

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

Dunkelzahn was Mountainshadow, but Ghostwalker is not Dunkelzahn.
Dunkelzahn is not Lethe/Burnout/Billy the Cyberzombie free spirit with scraps of the Zombies humanity left over amalgamation.
Which has the Dragon Heart fused to one of it's mighty hands of steel. He patrols the metaplane where thaila once sung to keep Aztech or other people from building a bridge over the chasm that separates us from the horrors.

+Quote Post
Blade
post Jun 1 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #24

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

I guess it'd involve:
1. infiltrating Mitsuhama's Zero Zone
2. infiltrating Zurich-Orbital
3. Nuking some place/thing from the orbit ('cause it's the only way to be sure)
4. Stealing an Ares mech prototype and use it to attack Essen and get Lofwyr to come to the rescue for a "Godzilla vs. Giant Robot" fight
5. Conning Horizon's CEO.
6. Seducing Nadja Daviar.

+Quote Post
Big Freaky Sean
post Jun 1 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #25

Target

Member No.: 18,602

Howdy!

The one I am currently running is a multi-part adventure where the team has to outsmart Carmen Santiago to recover some item they need! Yeah they were so thrilled when she jet packed away last session and then they had to chase her to New Orleans.

Prior to this, many years ago the end run for me was sending the team to the Congo so they could determine what happened to a corporate remote research facility. Not only did they find cloned dinosaurs, but bug spirits inhabiting said dinosaurs! It had overtones of aliens and Jurassic Park. It was awesome!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:37 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.