IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bangbangbangclickclick "Awww fu...", Famous last words and the situation that brought them into existence
Gyro
post Jun 3 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,627

Well if it came up before I apologize; but I want to know some of those special moment you've had with your pc's
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jun 3 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

Same words, I'm afraid, but there was the incident in which my character and his team were caught in an alleyway by shooters either side on the flat roofs above. My guy thought it would be a good idea to clear the rooftops with grenades. Hey, flat roofs, they won't roll back down, right?

Bad, bad throw. SR3 rookie, so didn't have Edge and the one re-roll he did have also failed. The first grenade fell down among the team. In the narrow alleyway. Brick walls. There was no second grenade.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 3 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

"Hah! That's only a light pistol!"
*throws dice* _clatter roll_ . . damn, that's a lot of 1's . . .

+Quote Post
Dr.Rockso
post Jun 3 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,849

QUOTE (Gyro @ Jun 3 2010, 09:20 AM) *
Well if it came up before I apologize; but I want to know some of those special moment you've had with your pc's

Idea stealer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) Made a similar thread(link in sig), but this seems more specific to deaths so I'll let you live...this time....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/vegm.gif)

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post Jun 3 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

GM: "You have five guys approaching you, heavily armed, what do you do?"
PC: "I throw a grenade at them"
GM: "I will remind you that you have a Serious wound (SR3) and your prone, your common sense trait tells you you should run away."
PC: "Screw common sense, I'm throwing the grenade. EAT THAT BASTARDS!!!" <Rolls> "F#$%" (All ones)
GM: "You throw the grenade, it goes up, it comes down, right between your legs..."
PC: "I hate this game!"

GM shakes his head.

+Quote Post
Gyro
post Jun 3 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 17,627

QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jun 3 2010, 10:01 AM) *
Idea stealer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) Made a similar thread(link in sig), but this seems more specific to deaths so I'll let you live...this time....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/vegm.gif)

Oh I know I posted there too (the mono wire wielding, flying bust a moves that looked like teddy bears. I just wanted to hear about the bloody aftermath of the "oops" moments (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jun 3 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

I don't recall exactly how this went down, but one of our new players--who tends to be over the top, all the time, and just came off a Scion "Hero to God in 11 weeks" program--managed to get himself into this situation.

We were raiding a fireworks factory to destroy their new product. Inevitably we launched this rather inflamable gel through the roof of the building via elevator (blew the car right out of the shaft with explosives) and managed to "trigger" it, whereupon it turned into a more gassy substance. And then ignited.

Anyway, building on fire, Lone Star on the way to the site, this PC decides he's going to rig grenades as a booby trap (the rest of us are running like hell).
After getting out of the building he decides to steal a parked car. He fails (none of the required skills).
One of the other PCs tries to get him to follow us as we run, but he insists that a car is faster, she keeps trying to get him to reconsider. The cops show up.
Somehow the other PC ends up as a sack of potatoes over his shoulder and uses this to her advantage and claims he kidnapped her (the cops believe it).
The PC in the meantime decides to hijack a car on the street ("I've got a gun, I step out into the street and point it at the nearest driver")
The girl PC knowing this is going to end badly makes one last ditch effort to save her own skin, she casts a Force 6 Alter Memory on her "kidnapper."
She makes him believe that it was all his own idea to blow up the fireworks factory. Just got up that morning and had it out for the place. A lone perpetrator.
Success.

So our gun-ho PC who clearly didn't know how to run the shadows got himself arrested, pleaded guilty to blowing the place sky high and insisted he did it alone.

He got to resist the alter memories again in 6 months. And again after another 6. He wouldn't recover his memories until long after he would be able to do anything about it.

+Quote Post
Runeblood
post Jun 3 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 18,613

Just recently( the cruise ship fiasco) a player was trying to dodge gunfire from rotodrones on the second to top deck of a cruise ship next to the railing.

Drones fire
Character rolls reaction (all 1's and has no edge)

He jumps to the side, avoiding the gunfire and leaping off the edge of the boat, plummeting 80 ft.
On his pass he can either take some action to help him stop falling or roll some kind of athletics check to dive safely in the water.

We all agree that that would be Hard (3 successes)
Down go the bolas, comes up with one success, still no edge.

He hits the water with a wet slap, spread eagle in an 80' belly flop, shattering his bones and breaking his neck, killing him instantly.....well....at least he didn't suffer.

+Quote Post
Caadium
post Jun 4 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,646

A SR3 game I was GMing years ago, PCs are in an elevator, heading for an upper floor in a hospital, with KE waiting for them. Troll PC (very tough, but no cyber) walks out and winds up taking a shotgun to the chest. After armor, 7D damage, with 12 dice to soak. Not a single 6 in the bunch, so he blew the karma for the reroll, still no 6. Other players are amazed at no 6's in 24 dice, so they told him to use group karma; this time 1 6 (so 1 of the needed 7s). Group eventually talked him into a 2nd group karma, however this time to no avail. 47 dice rolled (not the same set each time either), only 1 6 rolled in group.

Troll hits the ground from the wound, other PC calls out, "Quick, close the door! We've got to find another hospital, this one's not safe!"

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jun 4 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

"I rush off the plane and to the runway." " I look up can I see the chopper yet?" I drop to the tarmac placing my hands flat.......whats the drain code to make the world invisible?" (Old 1st-2nd edition game)

The team arrives at the border, elven samurai jumps out of the vehicle and gets out his wire cutters. " I cut the fence he yelps with glee." Everyone sitting in the car watching him. "What fence?" (poor guy had a bad run that day, ended up having to get his infamous blue chrome cyber arm on that same run. Also started carrying a katana after that day too so when he ran out of ammo he would'nt loose another arm in a sword fight.)

+Quote Post
tagz
post Jun 4 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,440

One of the players I GM for took some Kamakaze in a battle, took a few hits and promptly forgot he took the K.

There is some time killed with the rest of the group before he then got on his brand new motocycle and started making a run from the scene as fast as he could.

Me: "So, you're going where?"

PC: "Don't care, not here. I'm driving as fast as I can."

Me: "Really?"

PC: "Yeah."

Me: "Ok, your fueneral." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) .... He still didn't change his mind after the grin.

I then gave him a memory check that he failed.

So he's driving down the freeway when the Kamikaze hits him with 6S, knocking him out, filling BOTH tracks with the overflow. And that's BEFORE he crashes the bike. He decides not to burn edge as it's just this character's time, and I have it slam into a gas station at 120kph with an enormous fireball that can be seen for miles.

+Quote Post
Hagga
post Jun 4 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,538

QUOTE (Gyro @ Jun 3 2010, 02:20 PM) *

'Nah, it's fine if we crack open that power core, depleted uranium isn't toxic.'

Who wants power 8 toxins while wearing street clothes? You do, you do!

+Quote Post
knightofargh
post Jun 4 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #13

Target

Member No.: 17,208

PC: "Pine trees are flammable right?"

Me: "Yep. Remember you are standing in a clearing with about two years worth of dead needles underfoot next to your disabled VTOL with a fuel leak."

PC: "Great. I light the tree with the sniper in it on fire."

Me: *face-palm*

+Quote Post
binarywraith
post Jun 4 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Member No.: 18,659

I think the most menacing came from a group I was GMing for a couple years ago.

After a running shootout with some security guards, the team is pinned down in an office building, trying to find a way out. The group's street sam, who has been going more and more insane over the last few runs as he whittles down that last half point of Essence, is insistent that they just go out guns blazing, but the mage won't agree with him. Turning to the mage, the sammy grins, holding up a narcoject pistol he's been carting around all run.

"I have kamikaze in this..."

Needless to say, this was followed by the mage taking three shots of kamikaze-loaded narcoject rounds, then both of them charging screaming and being cut down by security forces.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Jun 4 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (knightofargh @ Jun 4 2010, 07:41 AM) *
PC: "Pine trees are flammable right?"

Me: "Yep. Remember you are standing in a clearing with about two years worth of dead needles underfoot next to your disabled VTOL with a fuel leak."

PC: "Great. I light the tree with the sniper in it on fire."

Me: *face-palm*

But I guess he got the sniper!

+Quote Post
Railgun
post Jun 4 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 18,639

Cornered on the rooftop of a high rise building, our mage stands off against the company mage, who so far has proved superior to him in most ways.

Company Mage: "Deactivate your foci and surrender. You have no where to go."
Mage: "That is where you are wrong!" I jump off the building and cast Levitate on myself.
GM: Counterspell roll.
Mage: Well shit...

+Quote Post
crash2029
post Jun 5 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

From: The seemingly unknown area of land between Seattle and Idaho.
Member No.: 9,910

An early 1E game where the really badly made street mage with no armor, a shuriken, and only the sleep spell is talking smack to gangers.

GM: You are facing three gangers who pull Remington Roomsweepers.
PC: I duck under cover.
GM: What cover, you're in the middle of a street?
PC: The curb.
GM: Seriously?
PC: Yes.

_____

Another 1E game where another crappily built mage is talking smack to a merc.

Mage: I punch the merc.
GM: What's your unarmed combat skill?
Mage: I don't have one.
GM: What's your strength?
Mage: One.
(The merc has an unarmed of 6 and a strength of 6)
GM: Okay guys roll.
(The mage rolls a one. The merc rolls well and creams the mage.)

_____

Thankfully the player who cannot help talking smack all the time now only plays bruisers.

+Quote Post
Hand-E-Food
post Jun 7 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,592

"I throw the pregnant woman at the little girl!"

This was our third run ever. We were to rescue a pregnant woman and tracked her down to an abandoned school. It turned out someone had been experimenting on pregnant women to graft bioware onto their unborn children. This way, the bioware would be part of the child's natural physiology, causing no essence loss. Two kids who had survived this procedure, decided to continue the research after the project had been cancelled. The boy was an adept, the girl a magician.

The hacker, me, who waited in the car, was slaughtered by the boy without anyone's knowledge. The sammy, entering through the roof, rolled badly and was quickly punched to death by the boy. The girl mind controlled the astrally projecting combat mage, and told him to kill the occultist. The occultist, now carrying the pregnant woman, fired a bullet, point-blank, into the combat mage's physical head. Wounded and slowed by his load, his only chance of survival was to throw the woman, who the children wanted to protect, at them, and hope he could run for it. He was mind controlled. He stood still. He looked down to see the boy's fist protruding from his torso.

+Quote Post
Hand-E-Food
post Jun 7 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,592

"Clearly, talking to them isn't making a difference. I throw lightning bolts between my hands and tell them to get out of our way."

+6 Charisma.
+6 Intimidation.
-3 Subject is hostile.
-1 Character's desired result is annoying to the subject.
+2 Character is wielding obvious magic (the rest of the team's weapons were holstered.)
-68 Subjects outnumber characters 40 to 6.
-80 Subjects are wielding 40 firearms.
====
-138 dice pool to intimidate.

+Quote Post
Hagga
post Jun 7 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,538

QUOTE (Hand-E-Food @ Jun 7 2010, 01:32 AM) *
"Clearly, talking to them isn't making a difference. I throw lightning bolts between my hands and tell them to get out of our way."

+6 Charisma.
+6 Intimidation.
-3 Subject is hostile.
-1 Character's desired result is annoying to the subject.
+2 Character is wielding obvious magic (the rest of the team's weapons were holstered.)
-68 Subjects outnumber characters 40 to 6.
-80 Subjects are wielding 40 firearms.
====
-138 dice pool to intimidate.

I think I may be in love with you. I think I'll steal this for next time we create new characters and toss an armed mob at them to see their response.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Jun 7 2010, 01:48 AM
Post #21

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

I was playing a crude street sammy - a real thug. We're in the mafia don's house. We've been working for him for some time now, after I saved his daughter from some Yakuza thugs. I've been REEEAAL good and behaving because the aughter, the little slut-tease, has been trying to get me to fuck her ever since we met, but I know the don would kill me if I did so I've been managing to avoid her. Unfortunately, after a series of events, we are forced now to kill him.

Unknown to me, my teammate had become a vampire recently. We are sitting in the don's living rooms. Security is all around us. I'm desperatly trying to think oh how we're gonna do this. My desperate plan is currently to stab him in the neck with a pen. So we're talking, and suddenly, my teammate acts. With superhuman speed and strenght, he tears apart the guard next to him and leaps for the don. The bodyguards manage to just get in the way, affording the don time to run for his life down the hall. My teammate pursues. This is all in like 2 action phase. After that explosion of activity, I am left still sitting in my sofa twirling a glass of whisky, blankly staring at one bodyguard who hadn't moved.

I say: "Aren't you going to go after the don?"

His eyes flash and he pulls his gun. I throw my drink at his face and jump off the couch. He shoots, I pick up the gun from a dead bodyguard and fire back, killing him. I have no idea what the fuck is going on with the don and I sure as shit don'T understand why my teammate just ripped apart people with his bare hands. He didn't share any of this with me beforehand. So, I run upstairs and burst into the don's daughter's room. She just got out of the shower, and scream. I jump on top of her and start fucking ravaging her. As I'm humping her like crazy and releasing all this pent up sexual frustration, a bodyguard jumps into the doorway, gun raised. I raise my gun, point, shoot, and miss. He fires back and shoots me dead in the head. My headless corpse falls back down on top of the screaming, blood-drenched daughter.

Years of therapy ahead for her. Years.

+Quote Post
Deadmannumberone
post Jun 7 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,974

QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jun 6 2010, 07:48 PM) *
Read my stories:

Ya know, after that I'm kind of scared to...

+Quote Post
IceKatze
post Jun 7 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,788

hi hi

Here's the story: The team an I, we're breaking into a secret underground lab where horrible blood chilling experiments are going on. We just get in through the front door, but security is alerted to our break in. They don't have a fix on our location though, so one of my chummers says "quick everyone, hide!" and everyone agrees this is the best plan.

My character has 11 dice to throw at her stealth test, "not too shabby," I think to myself.

*shooka shooka clatter*
"umm, guys? I'm really sorry... but I got a critical glitch."

Of course my character didn't say anything at all, except maybe "ouch."

+Quote Post
ColdEquation
post Jun 7 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #24

Target

Member No.: 17,419

This doesn't end in a TPK, but it's still a good one:

The runners have been hired by no fewer than three interested parties to take down a local gang boss who's been getting too big for his britches- in fact, one of these parties has offered the team double pay if the wax the guy after they let him know who he's wronged. The players spend six sessions- six, one session every two weeks- to set up everything. Their legwork uncovers a few things: The guy is spending someone else's money on upgrading his prostitution racket. Two big investments- a cherry-red limousine, and a penthouse suite in a really flashy apartment complex in downtown Seattle. The next thing they uncover is that the mark uses the penthouse as a private 'getaway' for himself and 'special' clients. The runners start calling in favors and getting ready. They find a friend of their fixer has the apartment directly below the penthouse and can get them that far into the building. They find an abandoned storm drain out in BFE where they can carry out their dirty deed unhampered. They set up multiple escape routes, redundant getaway vehicles, everything you could ask for.

The night of the run comes. They take the elevator up to the floor below the penthouse and cut their way onto the top of it. There's still a bit of a climb, and so they have to make Athletics/climbing checks to get up. Everyone passes but the decker, who falls onto the elevator and sprains his ankles. They pry the doors open, rush into the pad, hear noises in the bedroom and head over that way. They bust open the door and grab the guy out of bed- the woman he's with starts shrieking- and drive a blade into his gut.

But the face is wrong. It's the mark's lieutenant, playing honeymoon with his new bride.

I wanted to laugh for a week straight right then.

+Quote Post
knightofargh
post Jun 7 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #25

Target

Member No.: 17,208

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Jun 4 2010, 03:45 PM) *
But I guess he got the sniper!

Yes he did. There was then a fun scene while they *tried* to outrun a forest fire. Suddenly the one PC with a GPS and an orienteering system was the hero. Finding a cave allowed them to survive, barely.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.