Closed TopicStart new topic
> Recent Update On Shadowrun4.com
Zen Shooter01
post Jun 15 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,042

The 6th World Almanac sounds amazing...too good to be true, even. Forty nations listed? I'd love to see it.

Attitude. That brings a tear to the eye to those of us old enough to remember Shadowbeat.

War. Cry havoc. I admire SR4 for having the nerve to go in a direction the game has never explored before.

Where do I put my money down?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grexul
post Jun 15 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 18,250

QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)
The 6th World Almanac sounds amazing...too good to be true, even. Forty nations listed? I'd love to see it.

Attitude. That brings a tear to the eye to those of us old enough to remember Shadowbeat.

War. Cry havoc. I admire SR4 for having the nerve to go in a direction the game has never explored before.

Where do I put my money down?

QFT!

Grexul

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Jun 15 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

Attitude sounds incredibly useful. I've never had a problem coming up with a role for my characters on the run; where I get into trouble is trying to imagine their day-to-day lives. Noir gets up in the morning after a successful job; the next run is a couple of weeks off, maybe as much as a month. What does he do in the meantime? Obviously he trains to keep himself sharp, but he's no obsessive-compulsive Batman. Where do runners go to blow off steam?

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Jun 15 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

I've been getting the impression that War is a Campaign/metaplot book rather than a list of mechanics for heavy combat and military superweapons.

Maybe this is inaccurate though..

+Quote Post
svenftw
post Jun 15 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,081

It sounds like both to me. Win/win.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Jun 15 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #6

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

So this face-&boobjob gone horribly wrong is the cover of Attitude?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 15 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Jun 15 2010, 05:45 PM) *

It's not going to be what it could have been, unfortunately.

This is not Field of Fire. Or a campaign book. Hell, any metaplot involved is damn near circumstantial at this point.

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Jun 15 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 15 2010, 02:20 PM) *
What does he do in the meantime? Obviously he trains to keep himself sharp, but he's no obsessive-compulsive Batman. Where do runners go to blow off steam?

The same thing that professional mercenaries / Military personel do now. They go perform extreme activities, go hunting, drink, go to exotic locations, read books and some visit family.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Jun 15 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 15 2010, 11:09 PM) *
This is not Field of Fire. Or a campaign book. Hell, any metaplot involved is damn near circumstantial at this point.

Well, what is it then? Another Arsenal with milspec gear, rules and a bit of "In AD 2072 war was beginning"?

+Quote Post
JM Hardy
post Jun 15 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,392

QUOTE (Sengir @ Jun 15 2010, 05:36 PM) *
Well, what is it then? Another Arsenal with milspec gear, rules and a bit of "In AD 2072 war was beginning"?

There will be plot information, including history of the Amazonia-Aztlan conflict, the events that precipitated the starting of the shooting, and activities of the war to date. There will also be a lot of information about Bogota. So you'll get plot, setting, gear, and rules.

Jason H.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 15 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #11

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Sengir @ Jun 15 2010, 11:36 PM) *

It's basically a Bogota book with some miltech rules in the back. Nominally it's set during the A-A conflict, but it isn't a campaign and you don't have any sort of timeline of events like you had with Ghost Cartels, Emergence, System Failure, etc. - at least there wasn't one when I looking at the drafts. Metaplot wise - well, let me just say that things have not turned out as planned. As in there was a plan and now there is not a plan.

So instead of an entire book covering military and mercenary work (a la Fields of Fire), or an entire book dedicated to Bogota (a la Seattle 2072), or an actual campaign (a la Ghost Cartels) you have...War. Which is about a third of FoF and the rest is Bogota.

+Quote Post
General Pax
post Jun 16 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #12

Also posts as Dynamo Dave

Member No.: 18,641

I thought you were leaving forever and ever??? Whats wrong can't be honest even about being emo??? Or are you upset that the entire fanbase didnt fall to their knees begging you to stay because your so loved and adored??? I bet thats it.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 16 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #13

Great Dragon

QUOTE (General Pax @ Jun 16 2010, 02:23 AM) *
I thought you were leaving forever and ever??? Whats wrong can't be honest even about being emo??? Or are you upset that the entire fanbase didnt fall to their knees begging you to stay because your so loved and adored??? I bet thats it.

If CGL keeps the license and Jason stays as developer, I'm done with the game. Which you would know if you read my original post. The reason is because he's pushing through books like War!, and because of the absolute shit plotline and writing that goes with it - because Jason doesn't comprehend SR, and Randall doesn't give three shits about SR, so he'll let Jason do it.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Jun 16 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #14

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 16 2010, 09:38 AM) *
If CGL keeps the license and Jason stays as developer, I'm done with the game. Which you would know if you read my original post. The reason is because he's pushing through books like War!, and because of the absolute shit plotline and writing that goes with it - because Jason doesn't comprehend SR, and Randall doesn't give three shits about SR, so he'll let Jason do it.

This smells like... Shadowland shit. Makes me nostalgic.

Real personalities, real conflict, all emo! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Cain
post Jun 16 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #15

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

QUOTE (General Pax @ Jun 15 2010, 06:23 PM) *

Reported.

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Jun 16 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #16

Tilting at Windmills

Member No.: 388

Yep, it's the bad old days, all right....

+Quote Post
Minchandre
post Jun 16 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,468

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 15 2010, 03:09 PM) *
It's not going to be what it could have been, unfortunately.

What was it going to have been?

+Quote Post
toturi
post Jun 16 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #18

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jun 16 2010, 09:45 AM) *
Yep, it's the bad old days, all right....

And that is what's so great about it!

OK, it's great for the guys watching the show...

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Jun 16 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (toturi @ Jun 15 2010, 08:43 PM) *
This smells like... Shadowland shit. Makes me nostalgic.

Real personalities, real conflict, all emo! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

I'm always nostalgic for Shadowland. It's too bad Dave is off quietly building Deus out of web code. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 16 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #20

Great Dragon

The original concept - and this is going back a ways - was a sort of CIA factbook for the Sixth World. One entry for every country (or in the case of collections of microstates, one entry for the whole kaboodle). Also supposed to be a coffee table book, a sort of intro to SR to bring new players up to speed - draw them in with the pretty maps and flags, hook 'em with the backstory, something like that. Forty countries...isn't quite what we hoped for. Like, say, Greece. That's not Jason's fault. It's another project he inherited. It just...could have been bigger, more comprehensive.

+Quote Post
Method
post Jun 16 2010, 02:04 AM
Post #21

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

QUOTE (General Pax @ Jun 15 2010, 08:23 PM) *

Thanks to everyone who reported this. We have taken the appropriate action.

+Quote Post
Entropian
post Jun 16 2010, 03:18 AM
Post #22

Target

Member No.: 15,696

The original concept - and this is going back a ways - was a sort of CIA factbook for the Sixth World. One entry for every country (or in the case of collections of microstates, one entry for the whole kaboodle). Also supposed to be a coffee table book, a sort of intro to SR to bring new players up to speed - draw them in with the pretty maps and flags, hook 'em with the backstory, something like that. Forty countries...isn't quite what we hoped for. Like, say, Greece. That's not Jason's fault. It's another project he inherited. It just...could have been bigger, more comprehensive.

Isn't this what the Sixth World Almanac is?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 16 2010, 03:24 AM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Hah! No. What did I just tell you about there only being 40 countries? That's like about a fourth of the actual number of countries in the Sixth World. It doesn't even cover the ones that the fans really want because we've never covered them in any detail, like Greece and the Ukraine. Fuck me, that's a riot. Don't even get me started on the timeline section, Jesus. Hah.

+Quote Post
lehesu
post Jun 16 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #24

Target

Member No.: 18,407

Do you know if Korea is covered?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 16 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #25

Great Dragon

I probably shouldn't go into great and loving detail about the book. If I start talking about Tassin and Helfers, I'm going to get mad. So ask Jason. Or wait for the inevitable preview with the table of contents.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:28 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.