IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have your runs ever gone like this?, Real Life Pink Mohawk Action!
stevebugge
post Jun 15 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,996

German Student with Puppy vs. Hell's Angels

While this is apparently a real news story, it hit frighteningly close to some of the antics that have occurred in game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tagz
post Jun 15 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,440

Yes, but they don't get caught at the end. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
Hand-E-Food
post Jun 15 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,592

Yes, we indeed did have a run where the last surviving player exclaimed "I throw the pregnant lady at the little girl and run for it!"

+Quote Post
Caadium
post Jun 15 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,646

Years ago we were doing a run where the facility used Barghests to patrol the grounds at night. The way we got in, this wasn't as much of an issue, but we were coming out as they would be on patrol. The rigger pulled the GM aside and explained his plan to help insure we got out safely:

Without telling other PCs the rigger went and got a couple mutts from the pound. Shortly before we were heading out, as we reported that we had the manuscript we'd been looking for, the rigger through the mutts over the fence on the opposite end of the compound from where we were being picked up. We all thought we got lucky and avoided them (not likely given our gm); it turned out the Barghests never noticed us because they were having a mutt buffet on the other end of the complex.

+Quote Post
Elfenlied
post Jun 15 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,018

Well, mine usually end like this.

+Quote Post
crash2029
post Jun 15 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

From: The seemingly unknown area of land between Seattle and Idaho.
Member No.: 9,910

QUOTE (Caadium @ Jun 15 2010, 04:49 PM) *
Years ago we were doing a run where the facility used Barghests to patrol the grounds at night. The way we got in, this wasn't as much of an issue, but we were coming out as they would be on patrol. The rigger pulled the GM aside and explained his plan to help insure we got out safely:

Without telling other PCs the rigger went and got a couple mutts from the pound. Shortly before we were heading out, as we reported that we had the manuscript we'd been looking for, the rigger through the mutts over the fence on the opposite end of the compound from where we were being picked up. We all thought we got lucky and avoided them (not likely given our gm); it turned out the Barghests never noticed us because they were having a mutt buffet on the other end of the complex.

I remember that run. When my group dit it we went in at first light. The bargs were in there kennels and the guards hadn't shown up yet. That run went down smoother than any of the others did.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Jun 15 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Jun 15 2010, 03:07 PM) *

I wonder what the threshold would be to jump a tractor like that..

+Quote Post
Elfenlied
post Jun 16 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,018

QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jun 15 2010, 11:30 PM) *
I wonder what the threshold would be to jump a tractor like that..

Well, assuming that tractor weights approximately 8 tons, a F20 Levitate should do the trick.

+Quote Post
Deadmannumberone
post Jun 16 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,974

Never happened here, though I do have a friend that has been asked if he beats babies with puppies by some of his coworkers.

+Quote Post
Mr. Mage
post Jun 16 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,317

We ended a run by inadvertently blowing up an entire Arcology and then went on to destroy the Seattle Space Needle (in a different run). Interestingly, we are not wanted for Terrorism, just for stealing an experimental sub and blowing up half of Antarctica.

Other than having my Earth Elemental start throwing Combat Tanks at our enemies, most of this large scale destruction is accidental and not what we originally set out to do....it kind of just happens....Our GM usually can't stop laughing afterwards....

+Quote Post
phillosopherp
post Jun 17 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 18,210

QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Jun 16 2010, 07:09 AM) *
We ended a run by inadvertently blowing up an entire Arcology and then went on to destroy the Seattle Space Needle (in a different run). Interestingly, we are not wanted for Terrorism, just for stealing an experimental sub and blowing up half of Antarctica.

Other than having my Earth Elemental start throwing Combat Tanks at our enemies, most of this large scale destruction is accidental and not what we originally set out to do....it kind of just happens....Our GM usually can't stop laughing afterwards....

Hate to say it, and not trying to flame you mind, but that is some twinky type shit.

+Quote Post
Shinobi Killfist
post Jun 17 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 5,872

QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Jun 15 2010, 06:07 PM) *

And I thought Hollywood produced awesome movies (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I got to say from the articles title I had kind of assumed something else. Something like a overly aggressive puppy going after the hells angels and them not really knowing what to do. But wow, that student is awesomely insane.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jun 17 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #13

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Jun 16 2010, 04:09 PM) *

your group did not include a couple of stripperiffic dressed girls named yuri and kei, did it?

+Quote Post
Catadmin
post Jun 17 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,299

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 16 2010, 10:41 PM) *
your group did not include a couple of stripperiffic dressed girls named yuri and kei, did it?

Now, now. Keep the WWWA out of this. @=)

+Quote Post
Mr. Mage
post Jun 17 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,317

QUOTE (phillosopherp @ Jun 16 2010, 10:17 PM) *
Hate to say it, and not trying to flame you mind, but that is some twinky type shit.

Oh, I know we should not have been able to do any of that. I'm just really, REALLY lucky with dice rolls....as in "summons a Force 14 Earth Spirit without taking ANY drain" lucky...and then of course, I was also "rolls all 6s while using rule of 6 on the Body+Strength Check for said Elemental to push stuff over" lucky.

To be fair, we were sort of Twinking it since we had maybe 50 BP extra at character creation, and that can go a long way if you REALLY squeeze those extra points

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 16 2010, 10:41 PM) *

We were a pretty useless Cyber Sammy (no offense to him), a Technomancer dubbing himself the "God of the Matrix", an Infiltrator who we never could discern the correct gender/race of because he/she/it kept changing it somehow (disguises, etc.), and me: A Drunken Savant Conjurer. No strippers here, though I suppose the infiltrator could have been one if he/she/it wanted to.

Now, like I said, no offense to our Cyber Sammy, but you would expect a pretty high kill count from a guy whose only job in the group is to kill things. It's not like he was a badly made Sammy, it's just that sometimes a prepared Force 8 Fire Spirit is better at taking down Lone Star Helicopters, so sometimes he didn't get a chance to participate in the action... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
TommyTwoToes
post Jun 17 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,454

QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Jun 15 2010, 08:07 PM) *
Well, assuming that tractor weights approximately 8 tons, a F20 Levitate should do the trick.

I think he just muscled it up in the air, like popping a wheelie on your bike.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 18 2010, 05:40 AM
Post #17

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

QUOTE (Article)
A German student created a major traffic jam in Bavaria after making a rude gesture at a group of Hell's Angels motorcycle gang members, hurling a puppy at them and then escaping on a stolen bulldozer.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

Is it just me, or does it seem wrong that the article went to print without exclamation marks? How can you say "and then escaping on a stolen bulldozer" with a straight face!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Jun 18 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,996

QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Jun 17 2010, 10:40 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

Is it just me, or does it seem wrong that the article went to print without exclamation marks? How can you say "and then escaping on a stolen bulldozer" with a straight face!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yeah someone needs to have a word with the editors

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jun 19 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #19

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

had it been british, i would say its a show of stiff upper lip.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 01:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.