IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rules Clarification, What comes in pairs for one/both hands/feets and what does not?
Stahlseele
post Jun 21 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #1

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Because the question arose for a buddy of mine.
Climbing Claws? If it's one claw per hand/foot giving +2 dice for climbing, that's a +8 Bonus to climbing.
But on the other Hand(*snickers*) Hand-Razors cost more essence and come only as one set per hand.
But they have the same Damage Code. So if it's really one Set of climbing Claws for both hands for half the essence, you now have 2 sets of Hand-Razors if you use them for close combat for less essence . .
Also, they will help you with climbing, something the usual Hand-Razors seem to be unable to do . . What am i missing here?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Jun 21 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,015

But on the other Hand(*snickers*) Hand-Razors cost more essence and come only as one set per hand.
But they have the same Damage Code.

Just for the Record
Handrazors and Climbing Claws cost the same Essence.
Climbing Claws do 1 Pt less Damage ,cost about 150 % of Handrazors (and give +2 Climbing Bonus)

He who dances for the Records
Medicineman

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 21 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #3

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

The rules are a bit of a mess there. I'd say you need 2 claws for the bonus, and I'm not even sure you can get them in feet.

I did once have a character who 'cheated' and got just one hand with the claws (for the +2 bonus) to save on capacity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Brazilian_Shinob...
post Jun 21 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,437

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 21 2010, 01:03 PM) *
The rules are a bit of a mess there. I'd say you need 2 claws for the bonus, and I'm not even sure you can get them in feet.

I did once have a character who 'cheated' and got just one hand with the claws (for the +2 bonus) to save on capacity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

What if you use hands in the place of your feet? A la "Aeon Flux"? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 21 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #5

Advocatus Diaboli

I totally get Grip Feet whenever possible. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 21 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #6

The ShadowComedian

QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jun 21 2010, 04:58 PM) *
But they have the same Damage Code.

Just for the Record
Handrazors and Climbing Claws cost the same Essence.
Climbing Claws do 1 Pt less Damage ,cost about 150 % of Handrazors (and give +2 Climbing Bonus)

He who dances for the Records
Medicineman

This is more or less because of the debacle you are going through with your GM ^^

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Jun 21 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,015

No more Debate with my GM ,I got Rid of 1 Set of Climbing Claws and got me a Nanohive instead
Now my Char has only 16 Dice in Climbing but he's got Narcoject and Neurostun Nantidotes,Oxyrush and Nanotattoos (for Fluff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) )
He says 1 Set of Climbing Claws is for both Feet.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohplease.gif)
If my GM wants it like that he'll get it likewise

with an even better Dance
Medicineman

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 22 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #8

Advocatus Diaboli

I feel like the climbing claw bonus maxes out at +2, however many you get. It's not like you can't get a crazy Climbing DP anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 22 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #9

The ShadowComedian

you can get a climbing DP of 40, just like you can get a soak DP of 40 or a shmoozing DP of 40 or a shooty DP of 40 and so on . .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.