IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New spells and drugs from Spells & Chrome help?
bard4life
post Jun 24 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,897

hi I need a little help from you guys, my group is back to play shadowrun, but I don't have the money to buy the book and my laptop is really shitting condiction. so I was wondering if you guys could me out by post some of the new spells and new awaken drugs for Spells & Chrome.

thank you so much for the time and your patience.

-all hail eris
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jun 24 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (bard4life @ Jun 24 2010, 10:41 PM) *
hi I need a little help from you guys, my group is back to play shadowrun, but I don't have the money to buy the book and my laptop is really shitting condiction. so I was wondering if you guys could me out by post some of the new spells and new awaken drugs for Spells & Chrome.

?????????????????????????????????
Isn't Spells&Chrome a short story collection?

+Quote Post
SkepticInc
post Jun 24 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,735

Are you asking for pirated material, or a wiki reference? You should check the ToS before answering.

+Quote Post
svenftw
post Jun 24 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,081

Wow, asking other people to do your homework, asking people to help you pirate a game they are very fond of, AND having no clue about the book you're asking for. That's fail on a lot of levels, right there. Maybe not Dumpshock Hall of Fame levels of fail, but almost.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jun 24 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Mäx @ Jun 24 2010, 10:43 PM) *
?????????????????????????????????
Isn't Spells&Chrome a short story collection?

Answering yes to my own question leaves me at loss of what are you asking.
I really can't parse together anythink coherant from your post.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Jun 24 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (bard4life @ Jun 24 2010, 02:41 PM) *

thank you so much for the time and your patience.

-all hail eris

While I suppose I applaud your politeness and the friendly way in which you framed your request, asking for people to blatantly pirate for you isn't going to get you very far. If you and your friends want to play Shadowrun, you should scrape together the cash to buy the books you think you'll need. For what it's worth, Spells and Chrome is a collection of fiction, not a book with drugs, spells, etc, so you don't have to worry about that one.

You and your friends can play a perfectly fine game with just the Shadowrun Fourth Edition core book. If you're not worried about staying state of the art you can get by with the regular SR4, which should be cheaper than the more recent, revised, Anniversary Edition. If, after buying the core book, you and your friends have money left over, you might want to look into Augmentation (for cyberware and bioware), Street Magic (for Adepts and Mages of all stripes), Unwired (for deckers/hackers, that sort of thing), or Arsenal (guns and other equipment). Honestly, stopping with those four is another fine and decent plateau, and combined with the core book you should be plenty happy. None of them are, in my opinion, absolute necessities, but they're a solid "second tier" of books if you want more depth and options beyond just the SR4 Core Rulebook.

They will, in short, get you "new spells and drugs" and all sorts of other stuff.

Good luck finding -- hopefully legally -- the books you're after. If you and your pals pony up $5 apiece you should have more than enough to grab at least the core rulebook for Fourth Edition. That's less than the price of a value meal at most burger joints nowadays, so if you really can't get ahold of that much cash, maybe you just need a cheaper hobby.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jun 24 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #7

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

Free SR4 Quick Start Rules

All you need to start a game. Very no-frills, but it will get you there.

+Quote Post
bard4life
post Jun 24 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 15,897

I must apologize to everyone in this thread of my ignorance, I was doing searches in the forums and things like red mescaline,red orchid and loco came up, I didnt know what these thing are and I hope somebody could help me.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jun 24 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #9

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

They're drugs. Found in Arsenal.

+Quote Post
SkepticInc
post Jun 24 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,735

If you were looking for people to describe a set of spells out of books that aren't in the game books, that makes sense, but the wording on your question makes it sound like you were wanting something else.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:17 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.