Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wendigos and Beast Spirits get wipped in One turn :(
IKerensky
post Jun 27 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,622

Last scenario players were confronted with a Wendigo that call to his help a Beast Spirit. I was a bit surprised to see them go down very very fast. Of course they didn't plane to go into combat with thoses characters but still, it feel a bit weird.

So I want to ask : Dont materialised spirit have any protection against bullet ? During the game I tried to find some but fail to do so.

Are a lot of the critters in the SR4A book a bit too weak to put beginner player into trouble ? (except dracoform of course).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jun 27 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (IKerensky @ Jun 27 2010, 12:03 PM) *
Last scenario players were confronted with a Wendigo that call to his help a Beast Spirit. I was a bit surprised to see them go down very very fast. Of course they didn't plane to go into combat with thoses characters but still, it feel a bit weird.

So I want to ask : Dont materialised spirit have any protection against bullet ? During the game I tried to find some but fail to do so.

Are a lot of the critters in the SR4A book a bit too weak to put beginner player into trouble ? (except dracoform of course).

Spirits have Immunity to Normal Weapons... In this case, the Spirit would have had twice it Force to resist the Damage from the Bullets... If the Bullets do not (before Autofire benefits) penetrate the Spirits armor (After the Total Armor is Modified by Ammo Type), then NO DAMAGE is inflicted...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jun 27 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Shadowrun really isn't a game with "end-of-level boss" fights. Numbers make a huge, huge difference. One tough enemy trying to go toe to toe with an entire group of shadowrunners generally will go down quickly.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jun 27 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Glyph @ Jun 27 2010, 10:42 PM) *
Shadowrun really isn't a game with "end-of-level boss" fights. Numbers make a huge, huge difference. One tough enemy trying to go toe to toe with an entire group of shadowrunners generally will go down quickly.

Unless it's a high enought of force spirit that none of them can harm him, but then it wont ever go down and fill just kill the team so thats not really better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jun 27 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #5

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

funny enough, the spirit do not need to be that high if the group is not packing magic themselves.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jun 27 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 27 2010, 11:35 PM) *
funny enough, the spirit do not need to be that high if the group is not packing magic themselves.

well that depends on what kind of guns their packing, sniper rifles work quite well on anythink up to around force 6-7.
And Thunderstruck obtilarates anythink up to force 13-14

+Quote Post
wind_in_the_ston...
post Jun 27 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,332

My team of three almost got taken out by a lone wendigo. I was playing the big-ass troll with a big-ass gun. I came around the corner and he influenced me. He told me that the two mages behind me were trying to kill me. So I turned around and suppressed the hallway.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jun 27 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

That's how enemies like that can be effective - using some tactics, and not facing down the entire group at once. To be fair, though, the wendigo in the example wasn't planning for a fight to suddenly go down.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Jun 27 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

I made the same observation a while back: a baseline wendigo will lose the quickdraw contest even to some lowly street gangers...with some spells ready and his Influence power the results look very much different.

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Jun 27 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 10,386

QUOTE (Mäx @ Jun 27 2010, 03:44 PM) *
well that depends on what kind of guns their packing, sniper rifles work quite well on anythink up to around force 6-7.

Some good wide bursts from a Samurai with an assault rifle or an Ingram White Knight can also work quite well for "typical" spirits, since drastically reducing the Spirit's defense pool can get you an extra net hit or two to help stage up the damage. Tasers and stick and shock are also great options, and it takes a real nasty spirit to shrug off a monowhip.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.