IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

100 Pages V  « < 88 89 90 91 92 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OOC: Post or Die!, Recruitment always open!
pbangarth
post Mar 27 2012, 04:12 AM
Post #2226

Captain Canuck

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

I'm going to be away from my computer from Tuesday to Friday. If I get a chance to do so, I will pop into DS to see how things are going, but the current plan is to be off the grid till Friday. Professor will go along with the consensus till I return.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sephiroth
post Mar 27 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #2227

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,539

*cough*

QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 20 2012, 09:25 PM) *
Saturday, Sept. 12, 2071, 12:16:01 AM, Inside the Flipped Van

The floating eyeball turned in place to face the old man. "One of the dogs has been incapacitated astrally, and a second has been terrorized by yours truly and is currently preoccupied. What is the situation with the others? Particularly the female and the ork boy - are they faring well against the feral ghouls?"

EDIT: The specific wording of the service was to assist in combat against Archer and his gang, as opposed to a more "go kill all of them yourself" sort of phrasing. Does that rule out the possibility of Jovan and the elemental coordinating in this combat?

IIRC, there was a scouting service (which Red-ROM I think was counting as ongoing while we are in Crosstown), a service to open and translate the recording on Amber's commlink, and I think one to use Movement on ZO and Ferret in addition to this combat service. I'll have to look back through the pages and see if I'm missing anything. I was trying to save a planning service for later in the evening - Jovan was just asking the spirit conversationally for any insights it had into the situation, without having it actually do anything planning-wise quite yet. ROM didn't answer several of Jovan's attempts at conversation, though, so do with that as you will.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Mar 30 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #2228

Captain Canuck

"Hi, Honey! I'm home."

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Apr 1 2012, 01:21 AM
Post #2229

Captain Canuck

Hey, Glyph, welcome on board! So I just looked through Void's stats, working my way down to the 50 questions. I copied it into Word so I can have a list of all of us here on my computer. As I was going through the Qualities, I said to myself, "Void, with a name like that, I'm surprised he doesn't have Astr...

"Oh. Shit."

This should be fun! Professor will run from Void like the plague (which, by the way, he did run from once in India), and Jovan will have even more reason to be socio-pathic/paranoid/anti-social.

+Quote Post
Sephiroth
post Apr 1 2012, 04:59 AM
Post #2230

Running Target

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 31 2012, 08:21 PM) *
This should be fun! Professor will run from Void like the plague (which, by the way, he did run from once in India), and Jovan will have even more reason to be socio-pathic/paranoid/anti-social.

I'm kind of thinking of letting Jovan be affected by both Void's Nasty Vibe and Critter Spook, on top of the Astral Hazing. It's going to be a challenge for me to come up with a reason in Jovan's mind for him to not try to turn the unnatural and "evil" Void into a Capri Sun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lick.gif)

He's going to be really confused by Void's knowledge of furry vampire BDSM, though. I didn't think there was anything that could make a schizoid nosferatu paranoiac with a superiority complex feel weirded out and uncomfortable... but I may have been mistaken. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Apr 2 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #2231

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

Not sure if looting the dead, should we have a chance to, is appropriate. I left the elf alone after the sign fell on him cause I figured all was squished. But in the case of Jade, all that has happened is that her throat got ripped out...my consensus is no unless it was something of you lent to the PC, other wise there is a good chance we'll get more from the dead PC's than the run itself.

@Glyph: It will be nice having another ork in the party. Currently we have 2 Dwarves, 1 orc, 1 human, and 1 Noseferatu. It will be interesting to see how your character sees an Orc ganger. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Apr 3 2012, 01:22 AM
Post #2232

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Void isn't fond of gangers as a rule, but there are always exceptions. It should be interesting to contrast an unpretentious street thug with someone who is a bit obsessed with trying to seem "respectable", often with mixed results.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Apr 3 2012, 09:10 PM
Post #2233

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Apr 2 2012, 12:35 PM) *
Not sure if looting the dead, should we have a chance to, is appropriate. I left the elf alone after the sign fell on him cause I figured all was squished. But in the case of Jade, all that has happened is that her throat got ripped out...my consensus is no unless it was something of you lent to the PC, other wise there is a good chance we'll get more from the dead PC's than the run itself.

Looting is acceptable, but be aware that Jade is likely crawling with HMHVV-III slobber, so there's a risk of infection there.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Apr 3 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #2234

Runner

QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 27 2012, 03:35 PM) *
EDIT: The specific wording of the service was to assist in combat against Archer and his gang, as opposed to a more "go kill all of them yourself" sort of phrasing. Does that rule out the possibility of Jovan and the elemental coordinating in this combat?

Yeah, that's fine. Assisting involves taking direction.

QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 27 2012, 03:35 PM) *
IIRC, there was a scouting service (which Red-ROM I think was counting as ongoing while we are in Crosstown), a service to open and translate the recording on Amber's commlink, and I think one to use Movement on ZO and Ferret in addition to this combat service. I'll have to look back through the pages and see if I'm missing anything. I was trying to save a planning service for later in the evening - Jovan was just asking the spirit conversationally for any insights it had into the situation, without having it actually do anything planning-wise quite yet. ROM didn't answer several of Jovan's attempts at conversation, though, so do with that as you will.

I recall the spirit having 3 services on summon. I'll drop the scouting service since it would likely have been a remote service, which would have preculded any other services. Also there wasn't any real info gleaned there. The Movement on ZO was Jade's spirit, I believe. So, with that count, it should leave you 1 service remaining.

+Quote Post
Sephiroth
post Apr 3 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #2235

Running Target

QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Apr 3 2012, 04:15 PM) *
I recall the spirit having 3 services on summon. I'll drop the scouting service since it would likely have been a remote service, which would have preculded any other services. Also there wasn't any real info gleaned there. The Movement on ZO was Jade's spirit, I believe. So, with that count, it should leave you 1 service remaining.

I went back to the post where I rolled for that to verify, and it looks like I originally thought it was 3 services but had rolled 14 dice for the spirit's roll instead of 7. Relevant post is here. That would put the services at 5 (edit: because the spirit got two less hits than I originally thought). Sorry, I should have edited that in after you pointed my mistake out to me originally.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Apr 4 2012, 12:59 PM
Post #2236

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Apr 3 2012, 04:10 PM) *
Looting is acceptable, but be aware that Jade is likely crawling with HMHVV-III slobber, so there's a risk of infection there.

Cool, duly noted and all jades gear is now off limits. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif) Bye bye flash pack, you are not worth it...

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Apr 5 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #2237

Runner

By risk, I mean an edge test..

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Apr 5 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #2238

Runner

QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Apr 3 2012, 02:08 PM) *
I went back to the post where I rolled for that to verify, and it looks like I originally thought it was 3 services but had rolled 14 dice for the spirit's roll instead of 7. Relevant post is here. That would put the services at 5 (edit: because the spirit got two less hits than I originally thought). Sorry, I should have edited that in after you pointed my mistake out to me originally.

Cool cool.
Were you still planning on casting the permenant spells? Keeping up with the dog shouldn't be a problem, but where the dog goes durring the necessary CTs could be.

+Quote Post
Sephiroth
post Apr 6 2012, 02:18 AM
Post #2239

Running Target

QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Apr 5 2012, 06:03 PM) *
Cool cool.
Were you still planning on casting the permenant spells? Keeping up with the dog shouldn't be a problem, but where the dog goes durring the necessary CTs could be.

Yeah. Influence for Jovan is a Critter Power, not a spell, so that is an instant effect thing that only takes one complex action. I double checked and Alter Memory is a permanent spell after all, so at F4->F3 that should take 3 CTs, which I think you said is how long it would take for the dog to reach the end of the tunnel. So the Influence will go first, and then the timing should be ok.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Apr 10 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #2240

Neophyte Runner

It has been a while, but there was the dog drone as well as the wall drone that has been destroyed. You might be able to jury rig something and connect to whatever was controlling them.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...960&st=1525

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Apr 11 2012, 07:04 AM
Post #2241

Runner

QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Apr 5 2012, 07:18 PM) *
Yeah. Influence for Jovan is a Critter Power, not a spell, so that is an instant effect thing that only takes one complex action. I double checked and Alter Memory is a permanent spell after all, so at F4->F3 that should take 3 CTs, which I think you said is how long it would take for the dog to reach the end of the tunnel. So the Influence will go first, and then the timing should be ok.

dog resists 4d6.hits(5) → [4,1,5,5] = (2)
2 net on the influence
I'll treat the force as your magic rating, so the dog can't roll another resist for 6 CTs. Gives plenty time for the Alter Memory, but Alter Memory can only alter a single memory. A lifetime of memories like training needs something far more extensive.
So, basically, you can hijack the dog temporarily, but you can't keep him without putting in long term effort. Even then, magical memory is unreliable (wearing off with time) and the dog would be pretty much insane from getting mind-jacked day in and day out. No, that pup, if you want to capture it will take proper training to get right.

Meantime, you've got it stopped cold, despite its overwhelming fear.

+Quote Post
Notsoevildm
post Apr 13 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #2242

Shooting Target

Member No.: 18,869

Quick AR scan of Annex node to see if it is still on alert:
Computer 4 + Analyze 3 = 7d6.hits(5)=0
- no glitch, but no successes either so Ferret will assume it's still on alert!

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Apr 13 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #2243

Neophyte Runner

Oops. BTW-our times are out of sync (poosible due to me) what is the official time of the game. It matters as the reaction damage recovers at 1 point a minute.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Apr 15 2012, 04:38 AM
Post #2244

Runner

Jovan is still kind of an unknown with the dog down below. He's got it dominated, and can work to keep it so.
I'm just going to have to move on assuming that he's either going to knock it out or kill it.

+Quote Post
Sephiroth
post Apr 15 2012, 04:48 AM
Post #2245

Running Target

QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Apr 11 2012, 02:04 AM) *
I'll treat the force as your magic rating, so the dog can't roll another resist for 6 CTs. Gives plenty time for the Alter Memory, but Alter Memory can only alter a single memory. A lifetime of memories like training needs something far more extensive.
So, basically, you can hijack the dog temporarily, but you can't keep him without putting in long term effort. Even then, magical memory is unreliable (wearing off with time) and the dog would be pretty much insane from getting mind-jacked day in and day out. No, that pup, if you want to capture it will take proper training to get right.

Meantime, you've got it stopped cold, despite its overwhelming fear.

Sorry for the delay. Hijacking it temporarily is the main intention, yeah. Just to cause a little more confusion for the ghouls. Jovan is not equipped to keep paranimals in his house.

So to make sure that I understand how you want to run critter powers for Jovan: you're treating Influence basically the same as the spell version, except it only takes a complex action (unlike with permanent spells)? And for things like Fear and Influence, the force is treated as Jovan's magic rating for things like resisting and astral signatures? Are you doing astral signatures for critter powers?

Is the Force thing going to change anything for Compulsion as well? Will Compelled creatures be getting a resistance test to that now? I'm assuming that Regeneration will work more or less the same.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Apr 15 2012, 07:44 AM
Post #2246

Runner

The force = magic thing for Influence is just me setting a minimum time frame between tests to shake off the Influence's effects. Influence is a power that can last a really long time, but it also calls out "any time the character is confronted with the wrongness of the actions" which in this case, a dog under the fear power not fleeing for its life, is every single terrified moment. So rather than rolling will over and over every second, I'm putting a minimum interval on it based on the Control Thoughts spell's interval of every Force CTs.

+Quote Post
Notsoevildm
post Apr 17 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #2247

Shooting Target

Member No.: 18,869

Bunch of rolls to attempt to find the trucks' or any other hidden nodes: EW 4 + Scan 3 = 7d6.hits(5)=4, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2 - Hit minimum threshold (15) after 5 combat turns or not at all with diminishing rolls.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Apr 17 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #2248

Runner

No digital signals coming from below. No comms no trucks.

+Quote Post
Sephiroth
post Apr 18 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #2249

Running Target

Assensing the warehouse for the things listed IC (status of the trucks, any metahumans still breathing or any other lead on Archer's location, and whether Jovan can hear ZO and Ferret's conversation): Int 6 + Assensing 2 + Devoid of Aura Noise (besides the dog) 2 + Barren background illumination 1 - background count 1 = 10d6 = [5,6,2,5,2,2,3,3,3,6] = (4)

+Quote Post
Sephiroth
post Apr 23 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #2250

Running Target

Sithney, should we sync Jovan's clock with the rest of the team's, or just let Jovan be far down the tunnel behind the dog by the time Prof/ZO/Ferret actually arrive in the room?

+Quote Post

100 Pages V  « < 88 89 90 91 92 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.