Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lightning reflexes, What counts unaugmented
Mäx
post Jul 9 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,628

I was building a Banshee face and i came across the Lightning reflexces quality and that got me thinking does a Banshee count as an unaugmented for purpose ofbeing able to take that quality.
If there are no define RAW answer, would you personally allow that in your game.
Also can you make a metavariant characters into infected.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jul 9 2010, 08:16 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

I believe HMHVV directly adjusts your natural mins and maximums, and thus would be compatable with lightning reflexes. Banshee's do get one extra pass, which is fairly neat.

However, if you're going Banshee, taking Adept might be a better use of your points. As an Infected with Essence Drain, per the main book, they can give up some essence points to temporarily boost an attribute, such as Magic, after recently feeding. As an adept, this means free temporary power points, which you can use to do things like pull a few extra levels of adept Improved Reflexes out of your vampiric butt.

+Quote Post
CeeJay
post Jul 9 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

From: Nowhere near you... unless you happen to be near Cologne.
Member No.: 16,776

QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 9 2010, 09:42 AM) *
Also can you make a metavariant characters into infected.

Sure, why not. There are also rules for local variants of the various infected in RC like Sasobonsam (African Ghouls).

-CJ

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 9 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Unaugmented basically means no cyber and no bio reflex stuff whatsoever.
Adept Powes and Spells are allready not so clear anymore.
But Meta-Variant-Stuff and the such is perfectly fine for use with that.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jul 9 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #5

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Well, why not. I would allow it.

But why do you want to? 30+65 BP for race is expensive, so any quality BP have to earn their place. Lightning Reflexes cost as much as being an adept with magic 2. And with Banshees having Regeneration, Augmentation is nigh unaffordable, you want to go magic.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 9 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #6

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Under SR3, these were worded differently.
"+1 Reaction for surprise tests. Not compatible with adept power Combat Sense.|src.20"
And there was:
Adrenaline Surge:
"Rule of Six for Initiative. Only for characters without reflex enhancements. All TN +1 during combat.|src.18"

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jul 12 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #7

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Ryu @ Jul 9 2010, 08:21 PM) *
Well, why not. I would allow it.

But why do you want to? 30+65 BP for race is expensive, so any quality BP have to earn their place. Lightning Reflexes cost as much as being an adept with magic 2. And with Banshees having Regeneration, Augmentation is nigh unaffordable, you want to go magic.

Becouse she's a face i desided that 2 IP:s should be enought and just wanted more iniative.
And she can always use edge for an extra IP if it becomes a necessary.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jul 12 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #8

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

I'd allow it; it doesn't matter much, it's expensive, the wording implies that it's compatible with non-magic/non-tech sources… and, when you're talking about a freaking Banshee, all bets are already off. You're playing a ridiculous monster already, what's a little +2? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jul 12 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #9

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 12 2010, 10:00 AM) *
Becouse she's a face i desided that 2 IP:s should be enought and just wanted more iniative.
And she can always use edge for an extra IP if it becomes a necessary.

Most of our characters have 2 IPs, so you would do fine in our campaigns. (Excepting those were you just hope the night ends, but know you are right in the middle.)

The question is what you can get out of 15 BP that have to fit into your quality budget. Is your banshee an adept or a magician? (Leading question, I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jul 13 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #10

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Ryu @ Jul 12 2010, 06:14 PM) *
The question is what you can get out of 15 BP that have to fit into your quality budget. Is your banshee an adept or a magician? (Leading question, I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

Right now the only positive quality she has is lighting reflexes, negative qualities are infertile infected(how on earth is that one a negative quality for a PC character) and neoteny.
The basic concept is eternal child face character, might lead for intresting situations when your ID says your 28 and you look 12 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

One of the awakened qualities might be optimal for future potential, but i think i want to keep her mundane(as much as you can call a Banshee mundane)
I might still make her a dryad as base race instead of normal elf, for that nice +3 to social skill rolls.

Keeping her mundane was the reason why i leaned toward Lightning reflexes to give her a boost in iniative so she can make most of those 2 base IP:s, she's in no way ment to be a front line compotant but regenation, fear and few points on pistol skill should enable her to pull her own weight in combat.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:53 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.