IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can a free spirit bind a weapon focus?, What about an ally?
augmentin
post Jul 10 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,416

Pretty self explanatory. Help please...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Jul 10 2010, 01:34 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,237

im pretty sure spirits cant bind any focus. i sold my books earlier this week but im sure it mentions it in the free spirit section of runners companion.

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Jul 10 2010, 01:34 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

flipping double post.

+Quote Post
Lanlaorn
post Jul 10 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,737

Free and Ally spirits are both Magicians, they rules specifically mention they gain the Magician quality. As such they should be able to bind any focus RAW. This, of course, is most obvious with a Free Spirit PC.

But Ally spirits can't gain karma the way Free spirits can, so while they have the ability to bind a focus, I don't see how they would get the resources to do so.

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Jul 10 2010, 01:53 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

Only if both the spirit and the weapon focus are dikoted.

QUOTE (Lanlaorn @ Jul 9 2010, 07:45 PM) *
Free and Ally spirits are both Magicians, they rules specifically mention they gain the Magician quality. As such they should be able to bind any focus RAW. This, of course, is most obvious with a Free Spirit PC.

But Ally spirits can't gain karma the way Free spirits can, so while they have the ability to bind a focus, I don't see how they would get the resources to do so.

You could house-rule they can bind foci using karma from the magician, similar to how he/she has to spend karma to teach the ally new spells. It is a reflection of the magician after all.

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Jul 10 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (Lanlaorn @ Jul 9 2010, 09:45 PM) *

if you have runners companion, check the section on free spirit pcs. im positive it states spirits cannot bind focuses. i played a free spirit and had no focuses and im sure it was because i couldnt. as i said i sold my books so i cant check. id appreciate it if someone with the book could take a look.

+Quote Post
Traul
post Jul 10 2010, 01:55 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 17,229

QUOTE (Maelstrome @ Jul 10 2010, 03:34 AM) *
im pretty sure spirits cant bind any focus. i sold my books earlier this week but im sure it mentions it in the free spirit section of runners companion.

Yes, p.92, Free Spirit Magic.

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Jul 10 2010, 02:00 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Traul @ Jul 9 2010, 09:55 PM) *

thank you for that.

+Quote Post
augmentin
post Jul 10 2010, 03:50 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,416

QUOTE (Traul @ Jul 9 2010, 08:55 PM) *

Well don't I feel foolish. There it is in B&W. Thanks so much!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.