Dakka Dakka
post Jul 12 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,582

I just noticed something weird with dropping prone:
QUOTE ('SR4A p. 146')
A character may not take a Free Action prior to his first Action Phase in the Initiative Pass.
How many Action Phases does one get per IP? I thought it was one.
QUOTE ('SR4A p. 146')
A character may kneel or drop prone at any time, as long as he is not surprised (see Surprise, p. 165). A character who is surprised may not drop prone.

Does the rule for dropping prone supersede the general rule about Free Actions or is this just another case of bad wording?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jul 12 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #2

Advocatus Diaboli

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,282

It gets worse. Hold on, I'll find the quote again:
SR4A, 165: The surprised character can, however, carry out other actions that are not specifically directed at any surprising characters, such as dropping prone or readying a weapon (but not firing it).
That doesn't explain whether or not it's a free action, but it specifically contradicts p146.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:46 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.