> Legal Medtech License, Query
Rand
post Jul 12 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,100

Here's a fantastic question posed by one of my players:

"I meant to ask you the other night, what is the fee for a *legitimate* medtech's license? The book only has rules for fake licenses; I want my character to have the genuine article so he can buy high-Rating medkits legally instead of through the black market."

What do you all think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Jul 12 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,996

Must have either:

A: A valid SIN and hence the 5 point SINNER quality

B: A Fake ID of a strong enough rating to pass a background check, for ease of book keeping I'd make a simple opposed test of rating to Kit he wants to purchase vs. rating of Fake ID

The test probably isn't warranted for lower level Kits but for really top grade ones you would want to. If you want to make thing interesting tack a continuing education requirement on to the license and make him have to attend classes at interesting times to keep it up.

+Quote Post
tagz
post Jul 12 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,440

A fake license would let you buy it just the same as a legal one, the only difference is that there is a chance it could get busted.

As for getting a legal one, likely the cost is not much but would have requirements the runner might not fulfill such as a degree. Would require OTHER fake documents unless the right qualities were taken.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:20 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.