Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Critter: Hrafn, Awakened Raven
Johnny B. Good
post Jul 14 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,876

I wanted an awakened raven pet in our game, but was sorely dissapointed when there wasn't one in RW. Really, I was confused. Bird that is a staple of mythology almost everywere (Eyes and ears of Odin anybody?), no awakened variant. Somehow there's an awakened Koala (GODDAMN DROP BEARS), but no awakened Raven. So here one is, statted and priced.

Comments, criticizim, concerns appreciated.

[ Spoiler ]

EDIT: Added compulsive (Mild, hoards shiny things) to weaknesses.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 14 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

I think I might use these.

Until my group is smart enough to get some chrome ball bearings and throw them at the Ravens.

"Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Shiny!"

+Quote Post
Lansdren
post Jul 14 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,848

Interesting, I like the idea and I think I will also see about using this in some way.

+Quote Post
Makki
post Jul 14 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

their intelligence stats sound a bit off. i can't imagine a bird being the most intelligent being on the planet. i'd say 5/4 - 6/4 max

+Quote Post
Johnny B. Good
post Jul 14 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,876

QUOTE (Makki @ Jul 14 2010, 04:25 PM) *
their intelligence stats sound a bit off. i can't imagine a bird being the most intelligent being on the planet. i'd say 5/4 - 6/4 max

For reference, Merlin Hawks have in INT of 6 and a LOG of 4, and ravens are notably smarter than hawks. Also, critter INT and LOG stats are not analagous to metahuman INT and LOG stats. They convey problem solving ability in relation to general critter intelligence, which means these things are basically spider monkey smart, even magically smart, but still not truly sapient.

EDIT: Until they flock up, that is.

+Quote Post
Deadmannumberone
post Jul 15 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,974

QUOTE (Makki @ Jul 14 2010, 09:25 AM) *

Real life ravens, along with most of their relatives, show nearly sentient levels of intelligence.

+Quote Post
Hagga
post Jul 15 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,538

I'd give it 'accident' as well, given how often Ravens are the harbingers of ill-fortune.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:50 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.