IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Serial Killer in Ghost Cartels, What's with all the people burning?
Megu
post Jul 15 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,268

So, my players jumped on the hook in Body Snatchers about the killings of tempo users. And I'm reading in here, a little mystified, that the culprit is an Awakened priest who is trying to exorcise people, but they keep dying in fire. So...what am I missing here? I'm assuming that it's the tempo spirits possessing people that he's trying to exorcise, but what's with all the burning? Are the tempo spirits causing that, and what's their motive? Or is it something he's doing? How did you guys run this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mercator
post Jul 15 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #2

Target

Group: New Member Probation
Member No.: 18,829

My take on this would be some kind of 'scorched earth' policy from the inhabiting spirit. Burn the shell on the way out.

Though, the spirit inhabiting might be something more nefarious. Consider if Tempo didn't just give you Astral Perception, but made you more noticeable on the Astral. So something ugly sees you. Hops a ride.

+Quote Post
The_Vanguard
post Jul 15 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,889

Burning heretics has a long tradition with the inquisition, so I'd make the priest responsible for it.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Pepsi Jedi
post Jul 15 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 18,391

Heh.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Dr.Rockso
post Jul 15 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,849

QUOTE (Brock Sampson)
Gotta desecrate the corpse; only way to stop them from coming back."

+Quote Post
Megu
post Jul 15 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,268

QUOTE (Mercator @ Jul 15 2010, 02:33 AM) *
My take on this would be some kind of 'scorched earth' policy from the inhabiting spirit. Burn the shell on the way out.

Though, the spirit inhabiting might be something more nefarious. Consider if Tempo didn't just give you Astral Perception, but made you more noticeable on the Astral. So something ugly sees you. Hops a ride.

Hmmm. I like the scorched earth idea. Perhaps the spirit wants to discredit the priest so no one will listen to his (basically accurate) ravings about tempo and spirit possession? Leave no survivors who could discuss it with him?

The latter idea sounds a little too close to the idea of Red Orchid, though, and that stuff's already got a place in the plot of my game. (local Mafia cuts a deal with Kalokdam to distribute Red Orchid, now that his buyers in the Smoke Circle are decimated post-HK Massacre)

In any case, thanks very much, everyone!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:20 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.