Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Fate of all Sinners
SinN
post Jul 20 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #26

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,237

Sinn waits a moment, then rolls his eyes.

Why is it, that whenever I'm in a situation of danger, I find myself without a gun?

Sinn steps around the corner to face his new intruder.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jul 22 2010, 07:10 AM
Post #27

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Sinn comes around the corner comign face to face ... wait no, face to hat, with a short woman. A very thin black woman with a black cowboy hat festooned with fetishes and bones and a skull painted in white paint on the front. A woman who's about to tear him apart with the spell she's gathering energy for.

Half a second short of imminent violence, the woman known as Midnight halts midspell, a spark of recognition lighting her eyes. She holds back the spell, but remains wary, or perhaps is more so. Her first instinct looked to be quick, deadly violence. Now she looks more cautious, calculating ... wary.

... Sinn...
How?

Midnight's voice is thick with the cajun accent as ever, although some things have changed. Magically powerful in his memory of her, the small woman has grown stronger over the years. What is more surprising is what hasn't changed. She doesn't seem to have aged any.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Jul 22 2010, 07:18 AM
Post #28

Shooting Target

He looks at Midnight with no expression.

Very regretfully.

He turns back to the room.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jul 22 2010, 07:22 AM
Post #29

Uncle Fisty

He can feel her eyes on his back as he regards the room.
You are no spir-it. You are in the flesh. How is this possible?
You've changed. Darker... and something else.

What are you here about Jacob Sin-ner?

+Quote Post
SinN
post Jul 22 2010, 07:38 AM
Post #30

Shooting Target

Sinn looks up and sighs.

This isn't a trick, Midnight. I did die. Spent some time downstairs. And that's as far as I go with that. That brings us to tonight. I'm going to burn this room. Then have a drink.

He looks at the empty bottle of rum.

Oh damn, the rums gone. Why is all the rum gone? No matter

He walks to the door and stands next to her.

Why are you here?

+Quote Post
SinN
post Jul 22 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #31

Shooting Target

Sinn looks up and sighs.

This isn't a trick, Midnight. I did die. Spent some time downstairs. And that's as far as I go with that. That brings us to tonight. I'm going to burn this room. Then have a drink.

He looks at the empty bottle of rum.

Oh damn, the rums gone. Why is all the rum gone? No matter

He walks to the door and stands next to her.

Why are you here?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jul 23 2010, 04:24 AM
Post #32

Uncle Fisty

Midnight gives him a long, appraising look, trying to gauge him.

I have no' forgotten Sinn. I have no' forgotten what you did, how you betrayed us. There be blood on your hands, and it don' wash off dat easy.

De onl-y rea-son I don' be killin' be killin' you and send you on down back to da hole is cause what the bones tell me. Dey tell me somethang be here to-night, and that it might weak-en da Baron. Or sat-is-fy him. I come to see what da' is.

But what eva' da bones t'ink you can do, it won' ba done by burnin' down what already been burned. Can' just burn dem bridges and build new ones boy. Gotta look below and see what was dat caused it in da first.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Jul 24 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #33

Shooting Target

Sinn regards her a moment.

You've become....stronger, Midnight. I can sense that.

He looks back to the room.

And in your strength, I can see the wisdom you are trying to teach. If I had only heard that wisdom 25 years ago. Lowering his head, he looks at the charred remains on the floor. But this room is only a reminder of the evil I caused. Its presence alone is the mockery that was Jacob Sinner. Its a symbol for all those I hurt. It shows me how Im the reason my family was murdered. For that, it must burn, if Im ever to be absolved. With that, Sinn lets a flicker of fire from his hand and lights the dead mans rope and tosses it into the room.

He takes Midnight by the arm.

Come now, its going to get a little warm in here. Sinn walks to the front door.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jul 24 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #34

Uncle Fisty

Midnight waves her hand, the rope hanging in the air mid-toss.
I should have known that dying and rising from the grave would have only made you more dramatic. You act without thinking. If you want to strike at de Baron, you need a key, a connection. Dis room connects you to da Baron. You want to reach out to 'im, to your family in da Land under de Sea, dis is da place. You always burn your bridges, den wonder why you get wet.

She shakes her head, looking very, very tired.
What it is you want Ja-cob? Do you want to sting da Baron, or do you want to strike at 'is 'eart?

+Quote Post
SinN
post Jul 24 2010, 06:42 AM
Post #35

Shooting Target

Youve got a point. Very well Midnight, Im listening.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jul 30 2010, 05:18 AM
Post #36

Uncle Fisty

Still wary,, Midnight nods, laying it out.
When you contsructed dis honfour, you cemented the bond between you and da' Baron. Ye can still use dat link, an"d send your se'f inta de Baron's realm. Widout dis, you 'ave to go de 'ard way. 'Ere, you can strike at de' 'art.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Jul 31 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #37

Shooting Target

Sinn nods and signals for her to put out the wick out.

Perhaps I've been a bit irrational. Can I count on you for help? Even though your friend literally ripped me apart, I'd say I have a debt to repay. Perhaps now is a good start.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 6 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #38

Uncle Fisty

Roll Etiquette -1
Midnight continues eyeing Sinn speculatively, but nods slowly.
Some assis-tance I may give, but 'twould not be eas-ey, for you or I. Much danger there is, in tanglin' wid de' Baron. You know dis betta 'dan most.

You must enter de Baron's realm. I can help you get 'dere.Per-haps.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Aug 19 2010, 03:59 AM
Post #39

Shooting Target

I get the feeling you've been planning this a while.

[ Spoiler ]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2655589/

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 5 2010, 04:37 AM
Post #40

Uncle Fisty

Midnight shakes her head.
Plannin'? No sug', but I been t'ink'in 'bout it. T'ink'in 'ard. But it t'won't be eas-y. You'll have to face de Baron in 'is own realm. And dere is risk to me. Besides de risk one always 'as from dealin' wid da likes o' you.

And 'dere is cost. 'Dere is always a cost.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Sep 5 2010, 05:41 AM
Post #41

Shooting Target

Then I wont ask you to help me. But I am doing this. I dont think you understand the cost if I fail. Not just the risk to you, but it is in fact the last chance to save my family. There has to be no question about it Midnight. You in, or out? i could use your help, but i will understand if you should choose to walk away.

Sin folds his arms and eyes Midnight as he waits for her response.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 19 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #42

Uncle Fisty

You are a bastard Sinn. Very well. I will send you. Remember dat you will not like it. And remember de' cost. Now 'old still. Dis won't 'hurt

Midnight digs into one of her bags for a moment, until eventually coming up with a small jar. She opens it, revealing simple white smear on paint. She grabs Sinn, quickly applying the paint to his face in the once familiar skull pattern.
Dere. You will be needi'n dat. You will understand late'. Now , lay down on dee floor. Put your arms out to ye' sides.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Sep 19 2010, 10:35 PM
Post #43

Shooting Target

I love it when you talk all mastermind-y to me. Sinns voice still took the low and raspy feel of it, like a smokers voice, but with a hint of humor.

He obeys and lays on the ground, with his arms at his sides.
Before I go.. Sinn rears his head up, Is there anyone you'd like me to say hello to?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 19 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #44

Uncle Fisty

Midnight says nothing as she gathers the things. From a heavy sack, she pulls out a bag of stakes. With seeming ease, she drives the stakes into the floor boards, the stakes flying from her hands into the floors. With what might actually be delight, she quickly draw out a length of rope, tying Sinn to the floor, first at the wrists, then the ankles. She spares some rope to run it up to his neck and across his abdomen.

She takes a moment to look over her handiwork, looking quite pleased. She then continues, sketching out a ritual circle on the floor in chalk and brick dust.

'Ere we are. 'Dat out to 'old you, no matte' what comes back. Comfy?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 19 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #45

Uncle Fisty

Midnight says nothing as she gathers the things. From a heavy sack, she pulls out a bag of stakes. With seeming ease, she drives the stakes into the floor boards, the stakes flying from her hands into the floors. With what might actually be delight, she quickly draw out a length of rope, tying Sinn to the floor, first at the wrists, then the ankles. She spares some rope to run it up to his neck and across his abdomen.

She takes a moment to look over her handiwork, looking quite pleased. She then continues, sketching out a ritual circle on the floor in chalk and brick dust.

'Ere we are. 'Dat out to 'old you, no matte' what comes back. Comfy?

+Quote Post
SinN
post Sep 19 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #46

Shooting Target

Sinn rolls his eyes. She may as well ask him what type of torture he prefered while in Hell.

Im ready when you are.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 19 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #47

Uncle Fisty

Midnight nodded and stepped out side, coming back a moment later wit ha small snake. She tossed it onto Sinn's stomach, the simple garden variety serpent sliding around on his stomach.

She leaned down over him.
[color=salmon] Dere will be more of course, but you will not be 'ere to 'ear it all. Time to go, Sinn-er.

Midnight pulled a long bladed knife from its sheath, stabbing down, impaling it into Sinn's chest, piercing his lung.

Say 'allo to Julius for me, Ja-cob. Enjoy bread'in your own blood. Again.
She began chanting as she stood, a wicked grin on her face. She stepped back, watching as the blood filled Sinn's lungs, killing him slowly.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Sep 19 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #48

Shooting Target

Sinn coughed, he heaved. The blade in his chest was more, uncomfortable then painful, but it still hurt like a son of a bitch. He felt himself drift, that cool embrace he'd come to recognize. Like an fan blowing on you while you're sorounded by fire. It would be the only way he would be able to describe death.

It had been a long time since he'd traveled the path to Guinne. His trip to Hell was quick, chaotic, intense. It appeared the Christian God of Evil preffered to scare you as soon as soo as you arrived. Create the fear for you, in case being in Hell didnt do it already. Long winding tunnels of fire and nothingness. Moans and screams of the damned being tortured and maimed. Chains and whips cracking. Poe had it dead on. But not Guinne. It was virtually the same place, same concept in the long run. But the fear, that was the difference maker. The Baron didnt want to aid in any type of thing you'd be afraid of. He wants it to be natural. Let you create it for yourself. Becuase eventually, its going to get the best of you, and ultimately be your downfall in his game. As Sinn drifted, there was no fear in his black heart. Anticipation for his homecoming was all that remained there. And the love he felt for his inprisoned family. A crazier person would use the word, "determined."

.....Sinn had just made a promise is all.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 20 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #49

Uncle Fisty

Sinn finds himself in darkness, his perceptions eventually shifting enoug that he can make out his surroundings. He is not so much seeing in the dark, as he knows that here, he has no eyes. He is simply ... in the dark. He is embraced by it. Part of it.

The gentle swaying motion is hauntingly familiar. He recognized the sounds of water on wood, recognizes that he is in a small boat, barely a row boat, and that with water in it. Sinking slowly. The water is flowing. It too is black and brackish, a dead river with no life in it, drawing him into oblivion.

+Quote Post
SinN
post Sep 20 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #50

Shooting Target

Composure Test
[ Spoiler ]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2693712/

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.