Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tooth Fairies - Infected Pixies, Stolen From Hellboy II
The Jopp
post Jul 23 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 948

Ok, these are the final statistics for the NPC and PC variant. I’ve also added a few comments.

1. Dual-Natured and concealment
They are Dual-Natured and have Concealment powers. Due to how powerful they actually are (en masse) I would say that Concealment only works on the physical plane, they still light up on the astral plane.

2.Magic Rating
For GM's I would say give them a magic rating of 1-3 for the concealment power at most since they are not invisible, they are just magically good at hiding

3.Cost for PC's
I've given them a cost of +50P from the Bandersnatch (+30) and added Metagenic qualities - I've added Granite Skin combined with Dermal Deposits to represent their hardened skin from their high calcium/bone structure.

4. Attributes
The fragile horde is how I see them and removed the original Goblin Attribute and taken Bandersnatch instead, still giving them a high resistance to any WIL affecting spells.

The Tooth Fairies
Infected Pixies have become a serious nuisance as they have multiplied in the darker areas of the cities. They usually only prey on solitary targets and are seldom seen by the majority of the sprawl.

Due to their unique dietary requirement they frequently inhabit metahuman cities and breed in large numbers, a side effect of their condition. There are two kinds of these, the somewhat intelligent loners who can survive on their own and usually live a solitary life and the more mindless packs.

The mindless packs are more organized as a hive and breed in large numbers and fly as swarms, thankfully these are rare and hives are often hunted down by paranormal critter exterminators.

Animals tend to react to their presence and usually hide.

As long as food is abundant they can share a (temporary) habitat with other infected like Ghouls, at least until food supply runs short and then they start eyeing the bones of the Ghouls.

The Bone Gnawers are considered a direct competitor to the Tooth Fairies and are usually eaten and killed on sight.

The Transformation
Very few have realized the connection between Pixies and Tooth Fairies except of course Pixies themselves. No-one knows on the other hand how the condition came to be but the virus is a version of the Krieger strain that may have jumped species.

The transformation is, as always, traumatic and painful but unlike many of their mindless cousins they retain a certain cruel malign intelligence even though they have been reduced into something closer to a beast. Pixies calls it simply the “Shadow Curse” and very few retain their original mind and personality, becoming a twisted evil version of their original selves.

Appearance
Like the Goblin the Tooth Fairie looses almost all body fat and gains a spindly emancipated appearance with the bone structure clearly visible. Pale and hairless or with hair-like dermal spikes, (Porcupine spines) on their head. Porcelain like skin and trancelucent wings and glows in the dark.

Their teeth are sharper and more pronounced and when standing on the ground they tend to crouch more and weights less than regular pixies. Their eyes lacks pupils and seems to glow with an inner light.

Magical Tradition
About 1 out of 20 Tooth fairies have a magic rating above one and are often Shamanic Adepts or full Shamanic Magicians. No-one has ever figured out what totem they tend to follow.

Cost: 50BP [PC Cost]
Stat Bonus: LOG-2 / CHA-2 / WIL+2
Powers: Dual-Natured, Flight, Concealment (self), Low-Light Vision, Infection (other Pixies), Enhanced Senses (Hearing, Vision), Vanishing, Uneducated.
Dietary Requirement: Living Bone Tissue & Teeth [5% of Body Weight/Week]
Allergy: Sunlight (Moderate)
Vulnerability: Fire

NPC Attributes
BOD: 2
AGI: 6
REA: 6
STR: 2
CHA: 4
INT: 3
LOG: 3
WIL: 6
Magic Rating: 1
Essence: 5

Metagenic Qualities
Dermal Deposits
Granite Skin
Nocturnal
Bioluminescense
Critter Spook
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cabral
post Jul 23 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,646

1. What's the amount needed for a ghoul?
2. I would change it to teeth and bone; flesh is just an appetizer.

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Jul 23 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

I would change it to metahuman teeth and bone, could also open up for symbiotic relations with Ghouls and lead to some horrifying images as they desend en mass on people and piranha strip the flesh from them to get at the tasty tasty bones.

+Quote Post
Doc Chaos
post Jul 23 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,119

I like. Oooooooh, I like... *maniac laughter*

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 23 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #5

Runner

QUOTE (Cabral @ Jul 23 2010, 01:45 PM) *
1. What's the amount needed for a ghoul?

5% of bodyweight per week. For simplicity I'll just calculate the amount of meat for someone at 90kg and 2 meters tall and split that by 4.

Which would mean about 1 - 1,5 KG

2. I would change it to teeth and bone; flesh is just an appetizer.

Good idea. There is also a need for that connection to the living so they cannot raid graveyards - Dentists should have some "fresh" supplies though...

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 23 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #6

Runner

QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jul 23 2010, 01:46 PM) *
I would change it to metahuman teeth and bone, could also open up for symbiotic relations with Ghouls and lead to some horrifying images as they desend en mass on people and piranha strip the flesh from them to get at the tasty tasty bones.

That was something of an image I had and I can see these "things" as a serious problem that certain agencies would be prepared against. Flying carnivorous critters that strips the flesh in minutes leaving a a shredded pile of flesh with all bones removed is a picture that feels like something out of a splatter movie.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 23 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #7

Runner

I do intend for this to be a playable character type so what would the cost be? Same as a goblin or ghoul?

25 points?

With a good organlegger contact they should have no problem getting parts.

I realized that these suckers are even more scary sicne they are Pixies. Only way to study them is to take them alive since they go * poof * when they die.

Keeps the "ghost story" of their existence and campfire stories alive.

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Jul 23 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 17,234

I'm the wrong person to ask as I don't even like pixies as playable characters.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 23 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #9

Runner

QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jul 23 2010, 02:17 PM) *
I'm the wrong person to ask as I don't even like pixies as playable characters.

Well, as invisible tooth eating horrors then?

Lets see...

They all have a magic rating which gives them concealment and then *pop* they appear around you and then they eat your face.

The ones you kill goes *pop* again and are gone.

Would make runners very paranoid.

Then we cross them with an insect spirit hive...

+Quote Post
Laodicea
post Jul 23 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,749

I love the idea.

Same stats as a goblin, though?

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 23 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #11

Runner

QUOTE (Laodicea @ Jul 23 2010, 02:54 PM) *
I love the idea.

Same stats as a goblin, though?

Well, they should gain some bonus to their attributes and having +1 to BOD and STR is something around +33% attribute boost. It should be enough of a bonus and still keeping them fragile. Goblins gain a primary bonus of BOD+1 STR+1 and WIL+2 while LOG and CHA is reduced by 2.

Their willpower becomes ludicrus as they could get a starting WIL of 10 but that would also give then strong resistance against mind altering powers and many mana spells

I would say that although they can be infected they are not carriers of the disease - would be too dangerous in that case, the flying invisible piranah bone eating horde is bad enough.

+Quote Post
Gamer6432
post Jul 23 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,325

Well, traditionally you can only infect your species. So they could be infectious, but only to Pixies. Everyone else would be a carrier at worst.

+Quote Post
Cabral
post Jul 23 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,646

QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jul 23 2010, 08:07 AM) *
5% of bodyweight per week.

Do you have reference for that? I've been trying to find one.

QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jul 23 2010, 08:07 AM) *
Good idea. There is also a need for that connection to the living so they cannot raid graveyards - Dentists should have some "fresh" supplies though...

Nah. Defiling grave yards just makes them creepier, imo. They prefer the fresh stuff, specially the marrow... but when the pickings are tight, they're in your mausoleum eating ur d00dz.

BTW, what was the Earthdawn Horror twisted version?

+Quote Post
Dr.Rockso
post Jul 23 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,849

Jopp...thats brilliant. I think flamethrowers are going to make a comeback because of you. Want to make them scarier? IIRC pixies are pretty rare. Make the infected ones breed like rabbits.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 23 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #15

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Why do I have a picture of the "Ministry of Love" using these?

Far more effective than a rat!

+Quote Post
Caelwyn
post Jul 24 2010, 03:07 AM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 18,610

QUOTE (Cabral @ Jul 24 2010, 01:50 AM) *
Do you have reference for that? I've been trying to find one.

Page 78 of Runners Companion, Dietary Requirements

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jul 24 2010, 03:30 AM
Post #17

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

Also, its worth mentioning. Running Wild has a species of Dwarf infected, the Bone Gnawers, who eat bones instead of flesh, and do indeed trade out flesh to regular ghouls.

Perhaps these pixies caught a strain that jumped species.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Jul 24 2010, 04:29 AM
Post #18

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

I woudl keep them rare in citys but maybe have a few settlements of them in more remote areas. Have them brand new to the world and thus quickly moving to more inhabited areas for food. Its urban foxs/bears/raccoons ect but this time they eat your bones.

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post Jul 24 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,749

Great idea. I liked the movie but never thought of tranferring them to SR. I think i have to start as a GM again. ^^

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Jul 24 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

QUOTE (Cabral @ Jul 23 2010, 05:50 PM) *
BTW, what was the Earthdawn Horror twisted version?

Ah, i think i remember that a bit... Don't know how they are called. But i think they were the only horror tainted being still able to do art... And they made art from the bones and skin of their victims. They themselves were a blend of windling and maggot. No legs anymore (well twisted into a skinned sack) and had sharp teeth and such). Hm... great monsters.

+Quote Post
NetWraith
post Jul 24 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 16,568

QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Jul 24 2010, 01:09 PM) *
Ah, i think i remember that a bit... Don't know how they are called. But i think they were the only horror tainted being still able to do art... And they made art from the bones and skin of their victims. They themselves were a blend of windling and maggot. No legs anymore (well twisted into a skinned sack) and had sharp teeth and such). Hm... great monsters.

They were called Changelings. Creatures of barsaive page 12. Now I'm going to have to pull this out on my players... They're going to hate for this. They already hate the Lovecraftian plots, this'll only feed into that.

+Quote Post
Red_Cap
post Jul 24 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,346

I'd suggest a change where the Tooth Fairies can't eat long-dead bones. Bone tissue is living; when the body dies, the bone tissue dies out too, becoming the hard, brittle, and inflexible substance most people think of. But that's just me.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 26 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #23

Runner

* bump * Updated first post.

+Quote Post
Doc Chaos
post Jul 26 2010, 09:06 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,119

Nicely done. Nasty little buggers...

+Quote Post
Laodicea
post Jul 26 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,749

That is an excellent paracritter you've created. I love it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:51 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.