IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Paracritters, ...The normal sized ones.
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 948

Paranormal Animals – Common Ones

Shockwave Turtle
A rather common turtle that have an unusual way of defending itself. Whenever it is threatened it hides in it’s shell and starts very localized quakes.
Attributes: BOD: 4 AGI: 1 STR: 3 REA: 2 CHA: 2 INT: 3 LOG: 1 WIL: 3 MAGIC: 3
Powers: Quake (Range: Magic Meters)

The quake ability on this turtle is in effect for as long as the turtle focus on it.

Soaring Seagull
The soaring seagull is a bloody nuisance as it hunts prey by levitating it. The ability have a rather short range but the animal is quick enough to fly over an area with prey, spot a target and levitate it.

Many of them have turned to become scavengers amongst human settlements and steal food from people by flying past them and snatching things up in the air to collect later.
Attributes: BOD: 2 AGI: 4 STR: 1 REA: 2 CHA: 3 INT: 1 LOG: 1 WIL: 3 MAGIC: 1
Power: Innate Spell – Levitate (Range Magic Meters)

Wrecking Woodpecker
The wrecking woodpecker have evolved into becoming a living powerdrill that can punch through any material in the search of food. There have been reported deaths as people who have gotten to close to a woodpecker nest where the bird have defended her nest.
Attributes: BOD: 2 AGI: 4 STR: 1 REA: 2 CHA: 3 INT: 1 LOG: 1 WIL: 3 MAGIC: 3
Power: Innate Spell – Shatter

Storm Albatross
The storm albatross is identical to the regular albatross with a small awakened difference. They have really become a true bad sign for sailors who nowadays makes all efforts to make sure that any one albatross that lands on their ship is well fed and not afraid or angry.
Attributes: BOD: 2 AGI: 3 STR: 2 REA: 3 CHA: 2 INT: 1 LOG: 1 WIL: 3 MAGIC: 3
Power: Spirit Power – Storm (Used when threatened or pissed off).

Shadow Cat
The shadow cat is a very rare and elusive wild cat. It is an offshoot from the normal housecat and is an avid and effective hunter. The greatest cause of death amongst these animals are often roadkills as drivers don’t see them in the dark.
Attributes: As Dog
Power: Shadowcloak, Silence, Nocturnal, low light vision

Steel Wolverine
The steel wolverine is an even more ferocious animal than it’s mundane cousin.
Attributes: As Dog
Power: Killing Hands, Improved Ability Unarmed 3, Berserk, Penetrating Strike 3

Iron Moose
The iron moose is a very annoying animal for hunters as it is identical to a normal moose with a very irritating ability.
Attributes: As Moose
Powers: Regenerate, Mystic Armor 6
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
unsound
post Jul 27 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,824

Oooh oooh, do Chill Penguin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #3

Runner

The Chill Penguin (i've no idea what a Chill Penguin IS but here's my version).
The Chill Penguin is an awakened variant of the King Penguin (Aptenodytes Patagonicus)

The chill penguin have several noticeable abilities, especially innate spells of the colder variety. It is also fiercly territorial and a single penguin might not be a problem but anyone who angers an entire horde of penguins at one of their mating spots...

ATTRIBUTES: BOD: 3 AGI: 3 STR: 2 REA: 2 CHA: 2 INT: 3 LOG: 1 WIL: 3 MAGIC: 3
POWERS: Innate Spells: Alter Temperature, Elemental Aura (Cold), Ice Wall, Ice Sheet, Ice Bolt

+Quote Post
unsound
post Jul 27 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,824

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif) That beastie is so going into my games.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 10:56 AM
Post #5

Runner

The Care Bear
The Care Bear is an awakened version of the American Black Bear and is a nasty piece of work as it can lure prey straight into it’s embrace.
Attributes: As Bear
Powers: Glamour, Compulsion

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #6

Runner

Chrome Rhino
The chrome rhino is a rather new development and seemingly arrived overnight after the comet passed. One morning inside the village of Towedo Tanzania a group of twenty five adult rhinos had appeared with an assortment of younger rhinos.

The panic that ensued from the villagers ensured a swift death as all rhinos panicked and smashed the entire village flat, no survivors.

Appearance and abilities
The chrome rhino have become coveted prize amongst game hunters as it’s skin have a metallic sheen.

The chrome rhino have the ability to surround itself in a razorsharp shell of metal and move at incredible speeds, something often causing it’s own demise due to poor eyesight and poor ability to stop and turn quickly enough.

Attributes: BOD: 10 AGI: 4 STR: 10 REA: 2 CHA: 3 INT: 3 LOG: 1 WIL: 3 MAGIC: 0
Armor: 12 (Hardened Armor)
Powers: Movement, Elemental Aura (Metal)

Covert Man-O-War
A recent addition to the carribean islands. The covert man-o-war have gained the ability to fly through gaseous bladders inside it’s body so that it float across land and sea while leaving it’s tentacles free floating to capture prey and inject it with paralyzing and digestive poisons.
Attributes: 1 (It’s a jellyfish)
Powers: Concealment, Lighter Than Air (Flight)
Attack Powers: Neurostun

Mexican Banshee Monkey
Howler monkeys are a common sight in mexico but it seems that a new subspecies have interbred within the local groups and are virtually indentical to their mundane brethren.
The Mexican Banshee Monkey have an ability to use their very voice as an offensive weapon.
Attributes: As Monkey (Magic 4)
Powers: Sonic Boom
Anyone within 90 degrees of the monkeys LOS and within Magic X2 meters from the monkey takes a base damage of 4S (Sound) and can make a Reaction (2) test to dodge the attack. Monkey rolls Magic X2 Dice to increase the attack value as per SR4 rules.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 27 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #7

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Doesn't Movement usually take care of stopping and turning quickly?
Fun stuff ^^
Lighter than air?
What and how does it breathe?
Also, it's gonna be everywhere soon, seeing how it's gonna be blown across the world by wind.

+Quote Post
bernardo
post Jul 27 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 16,674

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 27 2010, 08:47 AM) *
Also, it's gonna be everywhere soon, seeing how it's gonna be blown across the world by wind.

I had a bad encounter with a jellyfish when I was a child (the third degree burn kind) and this image of it hovering around with the wind just broght to life my worst nightmare. Thank you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 27 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #9

The ShadowComedian

*bows* i aim to please . . or to hurt, i don't care in most cases ^^

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #10

Runner

QUOTE (bernardo @ Jul 27 2010, 12:05 PM) *
I had a bad encounter with a jellyfish when I was a child (the third degree burn kind) and this image of it hovering around with the wind just broght to life my worst nightmare. Thank you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Interesting...

Any other nightmares I can put into print? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Mesh
post Jul 27 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,443

Metamucil Fly

A strong, burrowing insect, this awakened fly lives deep in the anus converting undigested corn and peanuts into gas to feed its larvae. Symptoms of infestation include the expulsion of poop from the anus at high speeds particularly after eating corn or whole peanuts. The infected have also reported an increase in incidents of sharting. Occasionally, a large, greyish-brown larva will be expelled from the anus. If left alive, it will convert into a Metamucil Fly in one week. The only known cure for an infestation is manual removal.

Attributes: BOD: 3 AGI: 4 STR: 2 REA: 6 CHA: 3 INT: 3 LOG: 4 WIL: 3 MAGIC: 0
Powers: Conversion of corn and peanuts into gas.
Habitat: The anus.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #12

Runner

QUOTE (Mesh @ Jul 27 2010, 12:28 PM) *
Metamucil Fly

EEEEW!

+Quote Post
Mesh
post Jul 27 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,443

If I grossed out The Jopp, creator of the toilet-killer, I must be doing well.

Mesh

+Quote Post
Smokeskin
post Jul 27 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,995

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 27 2010, 01:47 PM) *
Lighter than air?
What and how does it breathe?

It metabolizes lighter than air gases into bladders, enough to balance out the weight of its body. It can contract the bladder to balance its bouyancy.

It breathes by diffusion of oxygen molecules through its "skin".

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #15

Runner

Norwegian Weber Cat
The awakened form of the Norwegian forest cat have become as quite a surprise for their owners.

The new subspecies developed an extra set of limbs, opposable thumbs (Oh god…) and can ‘connect’ with their owners.
Attributes: As cats
Powers: Sapience (secret), Opposable Thumbs, Shiva Arms, Detect Enemies, Empathy.

+Quote Post
Doc Chaos
post Jul 27 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,119

Seriously, you need a page to collect all of this. Its great stuff!

+Quote Post
bernardo
post Jul 27 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #17

Target

QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jul 27 2010, 09:13 AM) *
Interesting...

Any other nightmares I can put into print? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

I remmember that after watchin Jaws I had dreams about a shark that could swim in solid asfalt and attack people in the sidewalks... but it could swim only in the asfalt, as if the streets were rivers. Thinking about that now, it must have something to do with adults saying "don't cross the street or a car will hit you".

And now I'm starting to remmember all the critters that used to stalk me when I was a child. I used to go often to the countryside and I allways loved to listen to stories. And for me, as a child, all the stories I heard from old people, tales from the brazilian folklore about monsters and ghosts, were true. So, just to name a few creatures I had to deal with in my childhood adventures:

- mula sem cabeça: headless mule that breaths fire (yeah, it breaths fire without a head!). The story says that the women that have sex with a priest turns into a mula sem cabeça. If you hide your eyes, nails and teeth it will pass by you and do no harm. The funny part is that people always tell the story of how dangerous a mula sem cabeça is but they never say how it kills someone. It's like in movies where they don't show the monster so it gets much more scary.

- boitatá: giant snake with fire in the eyes. You can see it from a distance at night in the fields because of the eyes. I remmember my uncle told me this story to make me stop going to the woods alone. It worked for a couple of weeks...

- saci pererê: a small elf or goblin who puts up small pranks like hiding domestic tools or tying knots in the horses' mane. He looks like a one-legged black child, has holes in the palms, smokes a pipe and wears a red cap. He is very agile and cunning, can shapechange into a small whirlwind and can become invisible. If you catch his red cap you can control him. Actually, there is a technique to catch him: you have to catch the whirlwind with a peneira de cruzeta (a sieve with a cross), grab the saci and put him in a bottle with a cross drawed in the cork. He will try to fool you by becoming invisible inside the bottle and, when you open it to see what happend, he scapes. Just found a wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saci_(Brazilian_folklore)

- mapinguari: looks like a bigfoot but it eats human flesh. You will not see it coming, the mapinguari will grab you while you walk in the woods and take you away under his arm. And it will start to eat you while running away, tearing pieces of you and eating as if you were a doritos bag in his hand.

- boto: a boto (river dolphin) shapeshifter. He seduces women when in human form. When a woman is pregnant and there is no father its because its a boto child. In humam form he dresses a white suit and a hat. The hat is to hide the breathing hole in his head.

- curupira: he is a guardian of the forests and makes the hunters get lost. His feet are turned backwards, so anyone trying to follow his tracks will go in the wrong direction. Sometimes he rides a wild pig.

Well, there are many others but I'm short in time now. Maybe I could create a thread about critters from Amazonia if there is interest.

(sorry about the grammar, my writing in English is a little rusty...)

+Quote Post
Kumo
post Jul 27 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,594

Metamucil Fly

Ideal for pink... err, brown mohawks game...

+Quote Post
Doc Chaos
post Jul 27 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,119

You brazilian people have... really strange stories (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Jul 27 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

I'm surprised the chupacabra hasn't been statted up.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #21

Runner

This one was easy.

The Mapinguari
The Mapinguari is a more primitive version of the Sasquatch situated in Brazil, a fast an efficient hunter on the move that is an expert on camouflage. Primary a carnivore and the brazilian government have posted bounties on these beasts as they tend to prey on people.
Attributes: As Sasquatch
Abilities: Adaptive Coloration, Celerity

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #22

Runner

The Forever Bat
The forever bat is a vampiric bat that lives across the entire north American continent. An awakened version of the common vampiric bat.
For the really unlucky people falling prey to these critters it can take a long time to get back into society and get rid of possible addictions.

It lands on a target, injects a Slab like poison, paralyzing the target and then the bat, and friends can dine on the target for day, or worse, weeks as they pour sustenance and heal into them.

The longest known surviving victim was a spelunker who was found after two months – he is still addicted to magical sustenance and slab after two years of therapy.

Attributes: Bat
Powers: Sustenance (Target), Heal (Target)
Toxin: Slab

*EDIT*
It is also known for transmitting several diseases from HMVHH to Rabies...

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 27 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #23

The ShadowComedian

Now THAT is something entirely believeable . .
So completely unsuitable for shadowrun ^^

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jul 27 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #24

Runner

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 27 2010, 03:34 PM) *
Now THAT is something entirely believeable . .
So completely unsuitable for shadowrun ^^

Added a little snippet at the end. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
bernardo
post Jul 27 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #25

Target

QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jul 27 2010, 11:24 AM) *
This one was easy.

The Mapinguari
The Mapinguari is a more primitive version of the Sasquatch situated in Brazil, a fast an efficient hunter on the move that is an expert on camouflage. Primary a carnivore and the brazilian government have posted bounties on these beasts as they tend to prey on people.
Attributes: As Sasquatch
Abilities: Adaptive Coloration, Celerity

That's great!

I found a source in English about the mapinguari for you: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/08/world/am...mazon.html?_r=1

Reading the article I noticed that I forgot to tell about the stink and the bulletproof skin. But this thing about a mouth in the belly is something I never heard about. Maybe because the mapinguari is mostly an amazonian story and I live in the southeast of Brazil.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.