IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC: Reclaiming the Void
Buddha72
post May 4 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #626


Great Dragon
*********

Group: Members
Posts: 5,316
Joined: 24-July 02
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 3,026



Olethros takes a moment to collect himself and adjust the weight of this world. He sits up and looks around the yard, noting the passage of time. With a flick of his eyes he opens an AR window and sends a quick message to Papa.

<<We are back but it appears we are short one person - Uetz has remained behind in the metaplanes and we may require a replacement since it was unclear how long he would remain there. Where are you and where should we meet? >>

He rises to his feet, giving a quick glance to make sure Brock fared well on the return trip. Seeing the troll gather and stow his things seems a good sign he arrived with his mind intact. He looks back over the street as he speaks to Brock.

"Do you have a car?"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Redjack
post May 7 2012, 03:35 AM
Post #627


Man Behind the Curtain
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,546
Joined: 2-July 89
From: End of the Yellow-Brick Road
Member No.: 3



<<@Olethros [Papa] Headed towards the Hahn Free Market. I have a chummer who is pretty wiz. She's nots at Uetz's caliber, but she is a grade A negotiator; We're gonna need her to make up for the shortages in gear. Given the opposition, we should also add a specialist spell-slinger. Only question may be working out the pay.>>
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Thanee
post May 7 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #628


jacked in
*********

Group: Admin
Posts: 6,528
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 463



About two hours before the meeting, Siren begins her drive from Santa Monica towards the heart of Los Angeles. Judging by her car's navigation system, she will arrive about half an hour early. Some heavier-than-expected traffic and finding a place to park her car before setting over to the island should get that covered pretty easily.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post May 9 2012, 03:01 AM
Post #629


The back-up plan
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 8,416
Joined: 15-January 03
From: San Diego
Member No.: 3,910



Wednesday -- July 20, 2072
All

Parking in one of various lots and private garages along the tidewall, you weave through the tangled mess of floating roads, island buildings, and down to the waterfront. The water has the fetid odor of metahuman and industrial waste, mixed with the sharp scent of disinfectant. Massive barges move construction workers and equipment along the walls as they hold the tide back from claiming any more of the city.

Smaller ferries, some little more than broad fenced floating platforms pulled behind boats, move around the bay. With the mention on Hahn Free Market, you get passage out to the island. From a distance, the island is little more than tents. Getting closer, you see a collection of small docks and sea-doos pulled up on the sand. Children inundate the dock area, waving and touting their service as guides.

Among the smell of brackish sea-water are the odors of charred meat, unwashed masses, and a sense of freedom. The hairs on the back of your that are always on edge, feeling thousands of electronics eyes upon you, settle down. This is one of the very few places in the metroplex without constant surveillance. Most of the people around you are armed with knives or handguns.

Hundreds of vendors hawk their wares from tables, sheets and tents. Moving through the crowd, gang members wear their colors proudly, selling drugs, weapons, and second-hand electronics. The vendors that have more permanent looking stalls all have a small gray and blue striped flag. Armbands with the same motif are seen on several teenagers and adults, carrying more obvious weapons such as chains and sawed-off shotguns.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Redjack
post May 9 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #630


Man Behind the Curtain
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,546
Joined: 2-July 89
From: End of the Yellow-Brick Road
Member No.: 3



Meeting up in the parking lot, another pang of emotion came over Papa. He'd been through more teammates than he could count and had buried several good friends along the way. Looking at the assembled team, he realized that one again, he'd completely turned over to a new team. Siren was his one link to the old teams. He took a breath and forced those feelings deep down in a hole and buried them. Best to keep emotion out of this.

Papa felt like a kid in a candy store heading into the market, but he tried to suppress those emotions too. "Video input systems with various augmentations, armor for the rotodrones, chameleon coating for the fly-spies, upgrades for my body armor and... I think I want an Ares Alpha."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Buddha72
post May 9 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #631


Great Dragon
*********

Group: Members
Posts: 5,316
Joined: 24-July 02
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 3,026



Looking around a faint smile plays across Olethros's face. This place was an odd mix of the the ages before and the current one. The subtle violence lurking beneath the surface and the freedom to pursue it if you were strong enough. He looks to Brock, the troll's dislike of gangs and their members was obvious, how was this going to play out. He found the idea of the conflict made his nerves sing in this host.

"I've never been here before. Is there someone we need to steer clear of? Who calls the shots here?"

He directs his question to Papa as he quickly composes another message to send him at the same time.

<<You mentioned a possible issue with payment - I don't require nuyen at the moment if that helps. I would like the right to take from any fallen foes as they say. >>
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Saytr
post May 9 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #632


Shooting Target
****

Group: Members
Posts: 1,853
Joined: 25-February 07
From: SD
Member No.: 11,096



Brocks dislike of the gangs was obvious as he walked with his hammer reminding himself of the conversation they had earlier at the house about his dislike for such gangs. controlling his temper would be a challenge for Brock how ever he did see a few stands that sold some amusing pieces that he would be intrested in. money wasn't a driving factor for Brock" if we have to take a small Nuyen cut that's fine I require minimal living expenses as long as I get what I was promised in the long run, plus the keep what I kill factor means we will see our fair share of priceless gems to make up for any losses we encounter I'm sure"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Redjack
post May 9 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #633


Man Behind the Curtain
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,546
Joined: 2-July 89
From: End of the Yellow-Brick Road
Member No.: 3



With a nod to Olethros, the hacker provides more details to the team.

<<@Team [Papa] I have two primary goals with the nuyen from the previous run: lock down electronics and enhance surveillance capabilities. Too much of comlinks and surveillance gear is off the shelf. Also, I have a personal goal to get myself a more formidable ranged weapon as well and do a little modifying to my helmet.>>

Looking around the more permanent shops, Papa looks for a place with more specialized weaponry... for that afforementioned Ares Alpha.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Thanee
post May 10 2012, 06:02 AM
Post #634


jacked in
*********

Group: Admin
Posts: 6,528
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 463



Noticing Papa amongst the crowd wasn't a difficult task. He was a troll after all, and those were both rare and quite tall.

<< @Papa [Siren] Hey, chummer! I'm right behind you. Who are your friends? >>

Siren meets up with the team on the island, while they are walking the shops and the riff-raff of temporary vendors.

It takes a second glance to spot her in the crowd, but Papa knows her face well enough to notice it. Her usual blonde hair is toned brunette for the time being, the skin a bit more tanned than he recalls, and her clothes are a little less trés chic and more fitting for the occasion. A leather jacket and pants combo, with a slightly worn touch to them. Most likely having been changed in appearance with magic.

The young woman is in her mid-twenties. She is of average height with a slender and willowy figure. Her skin has a light tan and her hair is worn in a ponytail. Her eyes are covered behind a pair of orange-colored sunglasses. She is quite attractive and certainly has what people call personal magnetism.

"Hello there! Nice to meet you. I'm Siren."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Buddha72
post May 10 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #635


Great Dragon
*********

Group: Members
Posts: 5,316
Joined: 24-July 02
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 3,026



Olethros stepped forward with a hand extended in greeting. His lopsided smile in place and his voice friendly.

"Likewise, name's Ollie."

He gives her the once over - nothing hostile, just taking her in to get her measure. His clothing doesn't stand too far out as well. An urban style jumpsuit with a sporty cut and a simple duffel slung across his back. His piercings and scarification make him a little more distinctive but not by much. He keeps the conversation going with Papa
in AR.

<< We might be able to solve some of your money problems with some items back at the house. I noticed some potential artifacts in the miniature loft in your home. You might be able to sell them. >>
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Redjack
post May 10 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #636


Man Behind the Curtain
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,546
Joined: 2-July 89
From: End of the Yellow-Brick Road
Member No.: 3



As Siren meets up with the team and Olethros introduces himself, Papa then gestures to Brock, another troll.
"And Siren, this is Brock. Brock, Siren."

<<@Olethros [Papa] I had forgotten about that stuff. Yes... and Siren should be able to help us get a better price. Then we can upgrade everyone's comlinks.>>

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Saytr
post May 11 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #637


Shooting Target
****

Group: Members
Posts: 1,853
Joined: 25-February 07
From: SD
Member No.: 11,096



Brock looks around keeping eyes out, reaches out one of his troll hands to shake sirens hand. "Hello."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Thanee
post May 11 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #638


jacked in
*********

Group: Admin
Posts: 6,528
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 463



Siren has to crank her neck a little to look up to the two trolls towering above them. Nonetheless, she manages to make it look casual and relaxed.

"So, what are your plans for the evening? Some illicit shopping tour?"

Her gestures show, that she is just kidding about it.

"I called Papa because I have a little problem with my link and he knows that stuff so much better than I do."

"Anyways, if you need a hand with the haggling. I could certainly help out there."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Redjack
post May 12 2012, 04:07 AM
Post #639


Man Behind the Curtain
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,546
Joined: 2-July 89
From: End of the Yellow-Brick Road
Member No.: 3



Papa nods to Siren and sends her an ARO request for administrative access to her com. "Let's see about that little wrinkle... while we walk." He looks to Brock and Ollie as his shopping list is pretty extensive.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post May 12 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #640


The back-up plan
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 8,416
Joined: 15-January 03
From: San Diego
Member No.: 3,910



Hahn Free Market

The flow of people is tight in spots, making the occasional brush or bump against others impossible to avoid. As your group moves through the crowd, an ork wearing a leather jacket with a bright orange fire spray painted on to it shoulders past Brock

"Watch where you're going trog. I'm walkin' here."

He flashes a large pistol under his coat, the barrel nearly broad enough to be a shotgun.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Saytr
post May 12 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #641


Shooting Target
****

Group: Members
Posts: 1,853
Joined: 25-February 07
From: SD
Member No.: 11,096



brock stands to his full height only glancing at the barrel of what was either a spaz or roomsweeper. "listen here bronzer dont make me turn you into a deb slag. Im not a gangbanger from some dink you have beef with. piss off."stepping closer so i would be more difficult to pull the shotty or what ever he had up from under his jacket.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Buddha72
post May 14 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #642


Great Dragon
*********

Group: Members
Posts: 5,316
Joined: 24-July 02
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 3,026



The air sings with potential bloodshed and chaos, it dances along Olethros's skin making his pulse quicken. A look of discomfort passes across his face, the reactions of this vessel to stimulus was still disorienting at times. He looks around and images of battles before superimposed themselves - men with swords on horseback, soldiers with muskets and tribal warriors with spears - nothing he could do that wouldn't threaten his fragile connection to the troll so he prepared to limit the number of combatants. He prepared and waited - it would start soon.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Redjack
post May 14 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #643


Man Behind the Curtain
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,546
Joined: 2-July 89
From: End of the Yellow-Brick Road
Member No.: 3



The smell is in the air: Violence is about to happen in a large and bloody way. He sees it coming. He knows it is going to happen. A passing thought even occurs to intervene; the thought passes. There comes a point in which you must let people fall on their sword; I hope this is not one of those times.

Papa's gaze turns from the duo, secure in a belief that, despite not having seen Brock in a fight that he could carry his own. Papa's focus is locating any other members of the gang in the crowd, counting on their distinctive mode of dress and Papa's height to lessen the task.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Saytr
post May 14 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #644


Shooting Target
****

Group: Members
Posts: 1,853
Joined: 25-February 07
From: SD
Member No.: 11,096



Brock notices little else once the flames from the gangers jacket registers his memories for a instant to throw his vision red with madness and anger he brings his hammer up from behind his back and attempts to bring the hammers head down full force onto the gangers head trying split it in one blow. now word exchanged between him of others only the vision of his family being gunned down were in his rage filled vision.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post May 15 2012, 04:55 AM
Post #645


The back-up plan
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 8,416
Joined: 15-January 03
From: San Diego
Member No.: 3,910



Hahn Free Market

The ganger's hand is still going for the Street sweeper as he catches the movement in his peripheral vision. No time to react, his head half turns before the sickening squelch of bone and viscera sounds. The head of the sledge hammer continues its downward arc, catching between the first rib and spine. The motion finishes with the body laying in a spasming puddle of blood, bone fragments, and brain matter.

Evidence of the carnage can be found in Siren's hair, across Olethros' back, along Papa's midsection, and dripping off Brock's massive arms.

All around the market place there are screams, weapons being drawn, and the slamming of plywood on trading stalls. A child sitting on the ground eating a protein bar wails in terror, inches from the broken husk of a man.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Saytr
post May 15 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #646


Shooting Target
****

Group: Members
Posts: 1,853
Joined: 25-February 07
From: SD
Member No.: 11,096



Blood drips to the floor aftwr running down his arms he feela the blood dry as it starts to lose its warmth and not drip but harden like dirt clumped to wet skin. He recalls the same feeling when holding his lost love and family . This was only a fraction of who ddestroyed his family and himself. The worda of the metaplane spirirs rang home juat then bringing him back fro
His moment of recallection. Immediatly he hears the sounds of a on comong fight. A fiht he started and one that he npw knows could have been avoided. Still the choice was made and path set he now needed to finiah it. Readying his hammer for the fight he prepares for the worst expecting death if nothing else. Not looking at the others "sorry for the mess" he says to everyone in general.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Thanee
post May 15 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #647


jacked in
*********

Group: Admin
Posts: 6,528
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 463



Siren jumps backwards away from the suddenly erupting violence. It takes a short moment for her to realize what has happened.

"Sorry for the mess? What's wrong with you!? You killed that guy!"

She tries to calm down a bit, looking around for cover in case some huge fight would break out now.

"I mean... that was just some bully trying to play it tough. Surely there would have been other options to resolve this."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Redjack
post May 15 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #648


Man Behind the Curtain
**********

Group: Admin
Posts: 14,546
Joined: 2-July 89
From: End of the Yellow-Brick Road
Member No.: 3



Papa turns back from the crowd at the squishing, cracking sounds of the ork's body being unnaturally compressed just in time for the spray of blood to cross his midsection. He looks in horror as Brock says, Sorry for the mess. His first instinct is to kick Brock in the face, but Brock having to pull the large hammer literally from the chest cavity of the ganger, dripping with brain matter and fragments of skull, causes him to hold. This is not my fight.

Papa's reflexes kick in and he grabs Siren's arm at the bicep and moves the two away from Brock. "We need to distance ourselves."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Saytr
post May 15 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #649


Shooting Target
****

Group: Members
Posts: 1,853
Joined: 25-February 07
From: SD
Member No.: 11,096



Brock hangs the hammer back to his side finally noticing the mess and site onfront of him. Realizing the shops close thier windows and he starts to look around for any potential immediate threats he either needdd to make a quick escape or make a very convincing reason as to why he would do what he did. Figuring he wouldnt make it on a boat back out on his own he woild try to make a convincing story " let that be a reminder to anyone else trying to steal from a trog" loud enough for everyone around to hear, using the racial slang for his meta type, looking around still for any reprisal from anyone associated with the same gang type.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Buddha72
post May 15 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #650


Great Dragon
*********

Group: Members
Posts: 5,316
Joined: 24-July 02
From: San Diego, CA
Member No.: 3,026



Looking over his shoulder at the viscera spread across his jacket, Olethros watches the ripple through the market. His face a neutral mask as Siren and Papa begin to withdraw and distance themselves from Brock. He quickly sends a text to Papa.

<< I will do what I can to make sure he gets out of here in one piece but this may not be possible. Meet at the address where we first met? >>

As the message is sent, he pitches his voice low and to the troll.

"We should go."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

53 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:33 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.