> SR Limited Edition dice in Tin case, I want to buy them
EndoFury
post Jul 31 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,873

Check these out.

Where can you buy these in the US? These dice are slick! My usual place to order has them as "unavailable" while another store has them listed for pre-order only. So, is this something coming to the US or only in Germany? I like these better than the ones I've seen with just the SR logo for a 6 with the 1 still being a single dot.

This post has been edited by EndoFury: Jul 31 2010, 03:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Acme
post Jul 31 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,866

Well if you speak German, have 10 Euro lying around, and probably live in Europe (since I'm a-feared what the shipping costs are), you can order them here:
http://www.weltbild.de/3/16215503-1/spielw...l-zubehoer.html

Oh DREK! BAM! Paizo store is taking them for pre-order at 13.46.

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/p/pegasus...source=preorder

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Shadowrun dice sets that Catalyst was going to have for sale?

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Jul 31 2010, 03:34 AM
Post #3

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (Acme @ Jul 30 2010, 11:31 PM) *
Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Shadowrun dice sets that Catalyst was going to have for sale?

They had some for sale at Origins.

They went fast, though.

+Quote Post
EndoFury
post Jul 31 2010, 03:35 AM
Post #4

Target

www.superherogameland.com has them for even less here in the US, but they're not listed as available. The tin art is the same cover as Spells and Chrome and the 20th Anniversary book, so I figured it was an official SR licensed product, perhaps coming soon. I see the name Pegasus Press in the tin cover, which seems to be a European company.

http://www.superherogameland.com/product_p/psipeg13410.htm

The dice you're referring to aren't as sweet. They just have a SR logo instead of a 6.

+Quote Post
Acme
post Jul 31 2010, 03:36 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 30 2010, 08:34 PM) *
They had some for sale at Origins.

They went fast, though.

Yeah, but it was hinted last year they were thinking of mass-producing them, or were they just gonna be con sets?

+Quote Post
EndoFury
post Jul 31 2010, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Target

QUOTE (Acme @ Jul 30 2010, 11:36 PM) *
Yeah, but it was hinted last year they were thinking of mass-producing them, or were they just gonna be con sets?

You can have custom dice made at www.q-workshop.com, but it wouldn't be cheap.

+Quote Post
Acme
post Jul 31 2010, 03:42 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (EndoFury @ Jul 30 2010, 08:35 PM) *
www.superherogameland.com has them for even less here in the US, but they're not listed as available. The tin art is the same cover as Spells and Chrome and the 20th Anniversary book, so I figured it was an official SR licensed product, perhaps coming soon. I see the name Pegasus Press in the tin cover, which seems to be a European company.

Pegasus Press is a board game company in Germany. I saw through the netsearch that they're affiliated with some of the German SR stuff, so maybe since FanPro lost the license they got the German stuff farmed out to them.

And Paizo has them "preorder", so what I assume is that they may be a relatively new product, maybe this year, and they have to do some negotiating to get them across the pond.

+Quote Post
EndoFury
post Jul 31 2010, 03:47 AM
Post #8

Target

I'd buy them if they came over. The more I think about custom dice though, the more I can think of something even smoother/cooler. I'd like a set of D6 that have two sides (5 & 6) with a cool looking design, slightly different for edge rolls, the 2-4 sides blank, and then a custom design for the side for #1/glitch checks.

+Quote Post
AStarshipforAnts
post Jul 31 2010, 03:50 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,624

I want these like whoa.

+Quote Post
MYST1C
post Jul 31 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

From: Braunschweig, North German League, Allied German States
Member No.: 5,537

QUOTE (Acme @ Jul 31 2010, 05:42 AM) *
Pegasus Press is a board game company in Germany. I saw through the netsearch that they're affiliated with some of the German SR stuff, so maybe since FanPro lost the license they got the German stuff farmed out to them.

Pegasus has been the German SR licensee since FanPro went under.
(They've also been the German Call of Cthulhu licensee since the 90s.)

+Quote Post
Acme
post Jul 31 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (MYST1C @ Jul 31 2010, 01:18 AM) *
Pegasus has been the German SR licensee since FanPro went under.
(They've also been the German Call of Cthulhu licensee since the 90s.)

Danke schön for the confirmation, Herr Myst1c.

+Quote Post
suoq
post Jul 31 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 18,746

Does anyone know how many come in a box? Is it 5 per box (so you need 4 boxes if your dice are capped at 20) or were they sweethearts and put 20 in a box?

"How many dice do you need to play Shadowrun?"
"All of them".

+Quote Post
Pyrius
post Jul 31 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #13

Target

Member No.: 7,705

There are 12 dice in one box

+Quote Post
suoq
post Jul 31 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #14

Running Target

Thanks. 2 boxes then...

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Jul 31 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,507

The dice are manufactured by/for Pegasus Spiele Zubehör, and are available directly from the Pegasus Spiele Shop, with checkout in German or English.As noted by others, Pegasus has been the German Shadowrun licensee since FanPro, and the dice may also be ordered through Paizo:

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Jul 31 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #16

Old Man Jones

The only improvement I can think of for these is having the 5 and 6 be colored differently, and the 1 be colored red.

I did that with a set of my own dice. Blue dice, colored the 2-4 blue, 5-6 bright green, 1 red. Makes for very fast reading of a roll result.

+Quote Post
AStarshipforAnts
post Jul 31 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 31 2010, 02:49 PM) *
The only improvement I can think of for these is having the 5 and 6 be colored differently, and the 1 be colored red.

I did that with a set of my own dice. Blue dice, colored the 2-4 blue, 5-6 bright green, 1 red. Makes for very fast reading of a roll result.

Unless you're colorblind.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Jul 31 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

From the description and the art on the tin, on the Pegasus Shadowrun dice, the 1 face is blank (no pip), the 2, 3, and 4 faces have pips; while the "5" and "6" faces both have the Shadowun symbol along with a sub-scripted 5 or 6 respectively.

So a slightly better design than the "Matrix" dice once sold by Catalyst Game Labs—not that I didn't happily buy those well, have to keep my collection complete (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Did/does CGL have dice at the cons this year ?

+Quote Post
EndoFury
post Jul 31 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #19

Target

So, it's about $60 or so for 3 sets of the dice. I placed an order, but I didn't put in any payment info and it processed the order. I'm not sure I meant to complete the order, but whatever, they can't take my money if I don't tell them how.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Jul 31 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (EndoFury @ Jul 31 2010, 02:06 PM) *
So, it's about $60 or so for 3 sets of the dice. I placed an order, but I didn't put in any payment info and it processed the order. I'm not sure I meant to complete the order, but whatever, they can't take my money if I don't tell them how.
From the wording, I presume you ordered directly from Pegasus, as the same thing happened to me. I later got an e-mail about the order with instructions for wiring the funds electronically, but they happily took PayPal when I asked.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Jul 31 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #21

Old Man Jones

QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ Jul 31 2010, 12:53 PM) *
Unless you're colorblind.

This is true. But even then most colorblind folks have SOME colors they can differentiate. True colorblindness is very rare, even among the colorblind.

Anyone know what colors are considered "usable" for the largest majority of colorblind folks?

+Quote Post
AStarshipforAnts
post Jul 31 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

The quickest solution would be to make the colors greyscale compatible.

+Quote Post
suoq
post Jul 31 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #23

Running Target

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 31 2010, 01:56 PM) *
This is true. But even then most colorblind folks have SOME colors they can differentiate. True colorblindness is very rare, even among the colorblind.

Anyone know what colors are considered "usable" for the largest majority of colorblind folks?

I'm colorblind. I just used a blue sharpie on blue dice on the 2,3, and 4 for my stack-o-dice. (one of those 3*3*4 boxes that can even hold a pencil sharpener if you flip the black base upside down)

The 1 is so different from the 5 and 6 that having all white pips isn't an issue. Likewise, the 6 and the 5 are easy to tell apart.

As a guideline, avoid Red and Green (stop is the one at the top of the stoplight). After that, I've heard to avoid blue and yellow, but I've met more people who are completely colorblind than I've met blue-yellow colorblind people.

A quick test is to ask how many colors are on the mountain dew label. Colorblind people aren't likely to know the "Dew" part is in another color.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Aug 2 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #24

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jul 31 2010, 01:01 PM) *
From the description and the art on the tin, on the Pegasus Shadowrun dice, the 1 face is blank (no pip), the 2, 3, and 4 faces have pips; while the "5" and "6" faces both have the Shadowun symbol along with a sub-scripted 5 or 6 respectively.

So a slightly better design than the "Matrix" dice once sold by Catalyst Game Labs—not that I didn't happily buy those well, have to keep my collection complete (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Did/does CGL have dice at the cons this year ?

They had the Blue/Red Ares dice that were at Origins, and there were also 3 new sets of dice. Here are some pics I took at Origins up close (Note the flash kinda washes the colors slightly).

Red & Black set
Blue & Gold
Greenish, Bluish, Purplish, apparently Renraku Dice(?)
Red & Blue Ares

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Aug 2 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 1 2010, 08:07 PM) *
They had the Blue/Red Ares dice that were at Origins, and there were also 3 new sets of dice. Here are some pics I took at Origins up close (Note the flash kinda washes the colors slightly).
Any word on if these will be for sale online ?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.