IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finding Rigger 3 Revised in Amazon.com, Hellooooo...?
JongWK
post Mar 2 2004, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

Any particular reason as to why does Amazon lack R3R?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Mar 2 2004, 05:12 PM
Post #2

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

It just got reprinted. Just go to Fanpro and get it there. I got mine in a matter of days that way.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Mar 2 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

The problem is that I'm ordering from Uruguay, and shipping costs kill me (I won't mention how much did it cost me to buy the BBB when it came out... painful memory).

I've been offered this opportunity to order a book from Amazon and have it delivered to Texas for free, where a friend will get the book and bring it to me when returning to our country.

Given the fact that the ol' Rigger Black Book is, ahem, somewhat obsolete, I'd like to get my hands on the newest edition. But I need to order it in these two weeks.

+Quote Post
Fahr
post Mar 2 2004, 05:53 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,094

where in texas?

cause I think I might know where to get one in the austin area...
i'll try to check back here tonight...

-mike R.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Mar 2 2004, 06:00 PM
Post #5

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

http://www.doordice.com/Games/ProductDetai...ct_UID=SXCY7FFQ

I don't know what zip code you're shipping to within Texas, but I think this may be your cheapest option yet.

-Siege

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Mar 2 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

I'll see if I can get the zip code. And if I can convince my friend to use doordice.com or stiggybaby.com... he's just a bit suspicious of online shops that are not Amazon. :)

+Quote Post
Siege
post Mar 2 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #7

Dragon

You might want to place the order yourself and have your friend handle the actual goods if he's that wary.

Otherwise, Fahr might have the right connections.

For that matter, your friend might just want to call the local hobby shop and see if a) they have it or b) they can order it. Frag, for that matter, Borders/BN is always worth a call because the online web doesn't reflect the company's internal data.

-Siege

+Quote Post
Abrojus
post Mar 2 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 4,376

The friend is me. JWK no need to post here, a simple phonecall was enough :P

And ppl say communication aint fu**** up in this world :P

yeah its in austin and thx for the offers of delivery but i guess we'll have to resort to another online company anyway since amazon doesn't have anything decent on stock. I knew this but thought that if ppl started ordering maybe they would start stocking on SR. However their stock is bad, very bad, just as an example they dont even have the BBB in stock.

The nice thing about amazon was the free shipping tons of items have but i guess we'll have to do without it.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Mar 2 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Hey, I'm at the magazine. Mailing and posting was easier than getting a free phone. ;)

So, are you thinking of Doordice or Stiggybaby? They have different products in stock...

This post has been edited by JongWK: Mar 2 2004, 10:24 PM

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 3 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #10

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Warehouse 23 has Rigger 3 Revised in stock, and they're in Austin, so shipping should be mondo-quick.

+Quote Post
Cominius
post Mar 3 2004, 01:01 AM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 4,509

Actually, I think you can get R3R on Amazon, I just don't think it is labeled very clearly. Searching for Rigger 3 on Amazon I found the out of print FASA Rigger 3 from January 2001, and another in print listing for Rigger 3 by Fanpro from September 2003.

So unless Fanpro reprinted Rigger 3, and then turned around and printed the Rigger 3 Revised, I'd guess that is the book you want. Of course the shipping time is listed as 3-5 weeks so you'd probably be better off having your friend in Austin get it from someplace else anyway.

+Quote Post
Abrojus
post Mar 3 2004, 03:03 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 4,376

i can see rigger 3 on amazon (i missed it when browsing on the SR category), yeah the time for delivery sucks. Besides i also wanted to order a new copy of the bbb and they are out of stock on it.

DoorDice does have any of those but shipping to austin costs me 7.23 bucks (and i just tried with the bbb, dont know if that shipping will cost more with more books).

Ill check that warehouse 23 site since i presume the shipping will be cheaper cause of it being in austin. Thx Adam.

+Quote Post
Fahr
post Mar 4 2004, 03:28 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Dragons Lair in Round Rock probably has a copy of r3r being held for me, PM me and I'll give you my name and you can have it. (they hold me a copy of every book that is printed, I go tel them which ones I want and which to put back - since I already have R3 I could tel them to put this one back and you could go buy it.)

-Mike R.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Mar 4 2004, 03:49 PM
Post #14

Dragon

QUOTE (Fahr)
Dragons Lair in Round Rock probably has a copy of r3r being held for me, PM me and I'll give you my name and you can have it. (they hold me a copy of every book that is printed, I go tel them which ones I want and which to put back - since I already have R3 I could tel them to put this one back and you could go buy it.)

-Mike R.

Or change the name under which its being held to ensure the smooth transition.

-Siege

+Quote Post
Fahr
post Mar 4 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

something like that...

-Mike R.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:01 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.