Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Info on Seattle in 2072
Mr. Mage
post Aug 11 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,317

This may have been answered somewhere else, so if there is a thread already please direct me to it.

This is mostyl a question for those that have already purchased the 6th World Almanac. I'm always on the look out for some info on Seattle, since most of my games take place there. I was thinking about purchasing Seattle 2072 from the Catalyst store. When it comes out in print, I plan on buying the 6th World Almanac and was wondering if the section on Seattle is extensive enough that buying the PDF Seattle 2072 wouldn't really be worth it. I don't need info on EVERYTHING in the city, but the more the better I suppose.

I guess the question really boils down to this: Is 6th World Almanac a good resource for Seattle inof? Or should I think about getting Seattle 2072 as well/instead?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bira
post Aug 11 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,768

QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Aug 11 2010, 02:56 PM) *
This may have been answered somewhere else, so if there is a thread already please direct me to it.

This is mostyl a question for those that have already purchased the 6th World Almanac. I'm always on the look out for some info on Seattle, since most of my games take place there. I was thinking about purchasing Seattle 2072 from the Catalyst store. When it comes out in print, I plan on buying the 6th World Almanac and was wondering if the section on Seattle is extensive enough that buying the PDF Seattle 2072 wouldn't really be worth it. I don't need info on EVERYTHING in the city, but the more the better I suppose.

I guess the question really boils down to this: Is 6th World Almanac a good resource for Seattle inof? Or should I think about getting Seattle 2072 as well/instead?

If all you want is information on Seattle, get only Seattle 2072. The Sixth World Almanac focuses more on the general history of the Sixth World, and includes a few short blurbs on selected nations. You're very unlikely to find anything more than a paragraph or two on any specific city there.

+Quote Post
Mr. Mage
post Aug 11 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Okay... I still plan on getting 6th world alm. Definitely want some of the lore in there, but I probably will get Seat 2072 for the city itself... is there anything like that on Denver and Manhattan? Preferably updated to 4th edition, but anything would help as well. I'm interested in those cities as well.

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Aug 11 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

Check out The Rotten Apple for Manhattan. Nothing new for Denver yet.

+Quote Post
Mr. Mage
post Aug 11 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Malachi @ Aug 11 2010, 02:57 PM) *
Check out The Rotten Apple for Manhattan. Nothing new for Denver yet.

Cool. I had heard mention of the Rotten Apple, but couldn't find it. Silly me, I was looking under PDF Sourcebooks and not PDF Only Books... sheesh.

Thanks though, and I will definitely be looking out for a Denver book/PDF.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Aug 11 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 11,507

In addtion to the Denver boxed set, the following is available:
  • Shadows of North America has 12 pages on Denver in 2062.
  • Commando Quarterly, Volume 2, Issue 2, January 2006 (PDF: lowres/hires) has the article:
    "Welcome to Denver: Shadowrun Missions in 2071"
  • The Shadowrun Missions Denver Story Arc is 25 free adventures that each include NPCs, locations, and maps.
  • The Sixth World Almanac has two pages on Denver in 2072.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:51 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.