IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Making an army of inhabited drones and inhabited shadow runners, All these with only one individual - da rigger mage
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,942

Level 1 Rigger Mage

He kidnaps non-runner victims. Summon low-force spirits to inhabit the victims. Which will give you additional magic-casting characters free of charge.

The free spirits learn on their own too as they are available as player characters which will allow them to earn karma on their own.

Say you get 10 low-force spirit/non-runner victims at first. Then as these initial 10 mages grow in power by earning karma, start capturing real runner victims and forcing higher-force spirits to inhabit them.

Also start building drones and force spirits to inhabit the drones.

Pretty soon, you have an army of inhabited drones and inhabited runners under your command numbering in the hundreds.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/spin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Aug 18 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

Except you cant summon spirits with inhibition power, only ones with materialization or possession.

+Quote Post
Badmoodguy88
post Aug 18 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,765

Possession is not the same as inhabitation. But you can make a lot of low level ally spirits, but I don't think they get karma on their own. Free spirit characters can not take the inhabitation power. Even then free spirits need a friendship pact to gain karma on their own. Possession does work almost as well as inhabitation.

You could have a spirit you have a pact with be a loyalty six contact but they would still just be a contact.

+Quote Post
Traul
post Aug 18 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 17,229

QUOTE (pattyhulez @ Aug 18 2010, 01:01 PM) *
The free spirits learn on their own too as they are available as player characters which will allow them to earn karma on their own.

No they can't. That's pretty much the whole idea of free spirits and why they engage in pacts. Free spirits PC earn karma through a special pact: the Friendship pact. And no matter how you turn it, spirits cannot summon. How about you learnt the rules before trying to break them?

+Quote Post
Johnny B. Good
post Aug 18 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,876

No.

Just no.

+Quote Post
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

you can always use ally spirits to inhabit people, conjure up other spirits and use energy drain to leech karma

and use friendship spirits to possess people and earn karma on their own which can be channelled into ally spirits

+Quote Post
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Traul @ Aug 19 2010, 12:22 AM) *
No they can't. That's pretty much the whole idea of free spirits and why they engage in pacts. Free spirits PC earn karma through a special pact: the Friendship pact. And no matter how you turn it, spirits cannot summon. How about you learnt the rules before trying to break them?

i believes it states that it is only free spirits who can't summon, never said anything about ally spirits..

furthermore free spirit PCs earn karma by virtue of them being PCs and not because of the friendship pact

+Quote Post
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

hmmm i visualize the mass-inhabitation strategy to be like this..

use ally spirits to inhabit the shadow runners with better stats/skills as inhabitation will prevent disruption and inhabitation gives better bonuses than possession.. let ally spirits use energy drain karma to drain karma from allies and enemies alike..

use normal spirits to inhabit low-level gangers and low-level runners so that they can earn karma which can then be channeled to ally spirits.. THERE ARE NO RULES WHICH STATE THAT NORMAL SPIRITS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GAIN KARMA .. normal spirits exist besides ally and free spirits..

you know what i will just skip the free spirits directly as i am sure some GMs will use the rule that since those free spirits are not PCs, thus PC free spirit rules do not apply to them.. besides those PC free spirit rules are just irritating.. what? no inhabitation? wtf is that?

so i am pretty sure you guys are wondering.. how do i ensure the loyalty of a normal spirit?.. in my next post..

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Aug 18 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

QUOTE (pattyhulez @ Aug 18 2010, 04:03 PM) *
so i am pretty sure you guys are wondering.. how do i ensure the loyalty of a normal spirit?.. in my next post..

Nnno, I'm really not. Away from my books at the moment, but I thought there was an upper limit on the number of spirits one could have, as well as no spirit being allowed to gain karma through normal means.

Fortunately this kind of limburger is easy to spot and I don't have much of an issue having a shoggoth come through the summoning circle (since it's being abused so harshly) and eat this 'rigger mage' for his insolence.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 18 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #10

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

We just had your whole thread about why drones are a bad idea. Sigh.

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Aug 18 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 18 2010, 04:30 PM) *
We just had your whole thread about why drones are a bad idea. Sigh.

I'm telling you, he's going to jump out from under the bridge and demand livestock for his meal.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 18 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #12

Advocatus Diaboli

That's what I'm saying, Doc Chase. Cheers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
IcyCool
post Aug 18 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Aug 18 2010, 05:30 PM) *
I'm telling you, he's going to jump out from under the bridge and demand livestock for his meal.

Damnit, now I need to get some more coffee.

And a new keyboard. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

So how do i ensure the loyalty of a normal spirit? easy..

firstly summon the spirit..

then bind the spirit in a long-term manner with a specific set of services (namely two services) .. this type of binding will not count towards your charisma limit for bound spirits.

then ask the spirit to fulfill its first service which is to inhabit a runner..

second service is to ask the spirit to join your magical group.. that's right.. a magical group created by you and where you are the leader..

that magical group has the following strictures .. fulfillment of deed for the group, fraternity to help your group members whenever it is requested of you, obedience, service to the group, oath..

once all 2 services are fulfilled, then that spirit is freed.. but is it really free now?

it has joined your magical group with all those obedience and service to the group strictures so how is the spirit free to disobey you?

it has inhabited the vessel so it can't be banished or disrupted so the spirit can't leave!

damn, i guess that spirit can only stay on earth and serve as your servant afterall.. hehehhe

+Quote Post
TommyTwoToes
post Aug 18 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,454

QUOTE (pattyhulez @ Aug 18 2010, 12:47 PM) *
then bind the spirit in a long-term manner with a specific set of services (namely two services) .. this type of binding will not count towards your charisma limit for bound spirits.

What is your justification for this not counting towards the limit?

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 18 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #16

Advocatus Diaboli

Magic group rules are not binding, and that's not a valid service. Spirits can leave a possession willingly. Once again, you can't summon spirits with Inhabitation.

pattyhulez is talking about Long-Term Binding, where you pay karma for the spirit to perform a service for a year and a day. It doesn't make sense, though, because you could just make normal, summoned spirits 'join your magical group forever' if such a thing worked. It doesn't.

+Quote Post
Mooncrow
post Aug 18 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,843

I think our livestock was just demanded.

+Quote Post
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Aug 19 2010, 03:25 AM) *
Nnno, I'm really not. Away from my books at the moment, but I thought there was an upper limit on the number of spirits one could have, as well as no spirit being allowed to gain karma through normal means.

Fortunately this kind of limburger is easy to spot and I don't have much of an issue having a shoggoth come through the summoning circle (since it's being abused so harshly) and eat this 'rigger mage' for his insolence.

this is the point though.. are ally spirits still subjected to that "no karma" rule once they inhabit a person?.. bearing in mind that they are no longer just spirits after inhabitation..

long-term binding doesn't affect the number of spirits which one could have..

also when an ally spirit inhabits a mage, it gains the skills of the mage.. skills which include conjuring.. are you saying that an inhabited mage can't use conjuring skill?

as far as we know, only ally and free spirits are not allowed to gain karma through normal means.. never said anything about other types of spirits though..

+Quote Post
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (TommyTwoToes @ Aug 19 2010, 03:50 AM) *
What is your justification for this not counting towards the limit?

check out the rules for long-term binding in street magic

+Quote Post
Mooncrow
post Aug 18 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (pattyhulez @ Aug 18 2010, 12:53 PM) *
this is the point though.. are ally spirits still subjected to that "no karma" rule once they inhabit a person?.. bearing in mind that they are no longer just spirits after inhabitation..

long-term binding doesn't affect the number of spirits which one could have..

also when an ally spirit inhabits a mage, it gains the skills of the mage.. skills which include conjuring.. are you saying that an inhabited mage can't use conjuring skill?

as far as we know, only ally and free spirits are not allowed to gain karma through normal means.. never said anything about other types of spirits though..

I'm having serious trouble believing that you're not trolling at this point. If you're not, you need to go back and re-read the spirit rules a few more times. Every one of your questions is clearly answered in the material.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 18 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #21

Advocatus Diaboli

This is vaguely entertaining, though, so I'm going along with it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

No spirits can gain karma normally, regardless of where they happen to be residing.

+Quote Post
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 19 2010, 03:50 AM) *
Magic group rules are not binding, and that's not a valid service. Spirits can leave a possession willingly. Once again, you can't summon spirits with Inhabitation.

pattyhulez is talking about Long-Term Binding, where you pay karma for the spirit to perform a service for a year and a day. It doesn't make sense, though, because you could just make normal, summoned spirits 'join your magical group forever' if such a thing worked. It doesn't.

it is not possession.. it is inhabitation..

and i would say that strictures are very effective for commanding inhabited spirits to stay in place.. otherwise it might be punished heavily for breaking the oath..

where does it show that you can't summon spirits with Inhabitation?

I can summon an ally spirit who possess inhabitation.. it is in the rules in SM..

+Quote Post
Mooncrow
post Aug 18 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (pattyhulez @ Aug 18 2010, 12:57 PM) *
it is not possession.. it is inhabitation..

and i would say that strictures are very effective for commanding inhabited spirits to stay in place.. otherwise it might be punished heavily for breaking the oath..

where does it show that you can't summon spirits with Inhabitation?

I can summon an ally spirit who possess inhabitation.. it is in the rules in SM..

Because no spirit aside from one you design (ally) comes with inhabitation, either as a base power or as an optional.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 18 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #24

Advocatus Diaboli

Nope, you're wrong. Punished how?

It's not feasible to have ally spirits, and none that you can summon can have the Inhabitation power. It's in the book, you can find it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
V-Origin
post Aug 18 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (Mooncrow @ Aug 19 2010, 03:55 AM) *
I'm having serious trouble believing that you're not trolling at this point. If you're not, you need to go back and re-read the spirit rules a few more times. Every one of your questions is clearly answered in the material.

you are assuming that one can only summon an ally spirit or a free spirit.. but there are no rules which state that you can't summon other types of spirits..

i read the rules over and over again, matey..

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.